“Avoid if possible” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Frederick, Maryland
“Avoid if possible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Positives were few: nice location right off interstate and very convenient to restaurants and some shops.
Lots of negatives: our reservation was for 3 people, and they orginally put us in a room with ONE king size bed. So, we called the front desk, and after a brief disagreement with the uninterested clerk, we were moved to a two-double bed room. The room was dirty, sheets had hair on them (so, we down to front desk and received "clean" sheets), bathroom was not clean (toothpaste stains in sink), and the peep hole on the door to the hallway was actually missing. We had to stuff a piece of tissue in the hole in the door so people would not be able to see into the room from the hallway.
The hotel in general is not very well maintained or clean. Several vending machines were either out of order or empty and appeared as if they have been in that condition for months/weeks.
Breakfast is an absolute joke! I never expect a lot from free hotel breakfast, but this one is the worst I have seen, and they should not even bother with it. There were three choices of cold cereal, coffee, juice and some mini-muffins. The breakfast area is similar to the rest of the facility regarding lack of cleanliness and poor maintenance.
Would not return to stay here unless there were no other options.

Room Tip: Best of luck!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
GRAND RIVERS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Room very clean. Bed was way broken in but pillows comfy. Breakfast, not so hot. Was out of coffee on 3 occasions that I attempted to get some, finally went for hot water for tea and coffee came out of it. Not a good selection of foods. Toaster waffles-yuck. Cereal was okay though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Charleston, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The room is pretty small. They have a chair in it that should be taken out. We had just enough room for a travel pack n play. I doubt a full size pack n play would have fit. The placement of the furniture is odd. The tv is on the complete opposite side of the room from the TV. You have to crane your neck to see around the microwave to see the tv. The walls are thin. I could hear everything going on around me. The bed is uncomfortable, way too hard. The pillows are paper thin and the sheets are scratchy. The heater is loud. I think the worst part of the whole stay was coming back, with two tired kids to find that our room had not been cleaned. The guy working the front desk was nice enough to offer to clean the thicker blanket for me. Yes this hotel is convenient to Morgantown attractions, but I don't think I would willingly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RALEIGH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Upon checking I was told (for the first time) that my credit card was charged for the first time on both rooms reserved. I was then charged again for the next night w/o my permission. I was told my card would be credited "right away" w/o any stipulations. Then I checked @ the front desk on Saturday AM (11/3) and was told it would happen first thing Monday AM (same person who checked us in and told me it would be done"right away") I said ok....so I checked Monday (11/5) AM & PM and nothing was credited to my card. I waited and check again today (Wed 11/7)....no refund. I have called my credit card company to dispute this BS.

Really....no clock in the room?????

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Morgantown Super 8 Motel? Share your experiences!