“Needs a facelift.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Morgantown
Watsontown, Pennsylvania
“Needs a facelift.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were put in a room that used to be smoking and carpets and draperies smelled heavy of smoke. Carpeting worn, dirty looking. Room was clean, but this place is in need of some new comforters. It seems to have gone downhill in the last few years we have stayed there. Never again. Okay for a cheaper place to rest your head.

Room Tip: Third floor used to be a smoking floor so if you don't want the smell ask for another floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I just called the place to ask for specific directions. The person who answered the phone had a very strong Indian accent. Not to say this is bad, but just to identify the person. She was soooo horribly rude, I told her because of her nasty attitude, I would not think of staying there. If the service from the front desk is horrible, trust me, this is an indication of the other service.
I am going to write the corporate office because this person does not need to be in the hotel business and looking at the other extremely negative comments, housekeeping is a major issue.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Parkersburg WV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

Not the cleanest I have stayed in. Bed was so uncomfortable!! The person at the front desk was telling everyone about having 4 TV's stolen from the rooms and the computer didn't work in the lobby because someone had stolen a cable from it. Boy did I feel safe!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Morgantown, WV Super 8 on Oct. 11 for one soiled night...definitely the worst motel/boarding house we've seen.

Besides the fleas that we encountered, the worse thing was the unclean sheets...they had newly dried BLOOD at the foot of the bed. Obviously, someone with blistered and bloodied feet had been there the night before, and the sheets were never changed. That may be how things are done in the sub-continent...but not in the Good Ol' U.S.A.. I also noticed that the smoke alarm had been dismantled with only dangling wires, and the refrigerator was not plugged in...basically just two worthless devices. Manager Dax Patel...shame on you!!!

Save your money and sleep on the street...you"ll thank yourself in the morning.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We stopped here just for an overnight on our way to Missouri. We wanted something inexpensive since we were only sleeping there and planning to get on our way early in the morning. What a mistake! Our first clue should have been when we had to use a phone at the desk to call for somebody to come and register us (not late, only 9:30 pm!). The young lady was not very fluent in English. The room looked "okay" at first, but when getting ready for bed, I noticed the bed my husband was going to sleep on, had a "mattress cover" hanging down the side below the sheets and it was loaded with brown stains (eww!). I could not have slept there but my husband was so tired and said he could hack it. I did not even have the nerve to look at MY bed! The mattresses are low, hard, and squeeky. The pillows are comical, just little completely flat things. The smoke detector on the ceiling had the guts removed and only a wire hanging there! The bathroom was fairly clean, but very old and cracked. We did not dare eat the breakfast there in the morning. For our $120, it was NOT worth it. Unsafe, unclean, just all around YUCK! I took pictures which I am sending to corporate. This should not be allowed! Stay away!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Charleston, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

This hotel cancelled our reservation after they had told us everything was all set. It was the night of a football game in Morgantown and there were no rooms available at any other hotel. We ended up driving 3 hours back home in the middle of the night. Terrible customer service! If you plan to stay here make sure you have a back-up plan.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Sandy Springs, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

If you check my past reviews, I have only written positive reviews. This is my first negative review on TripAdvisor becauce this hotel is beyond terrible. To make a long story short, I came in for a WVU football game and had 2 rooms. I booked so far in advance that I got the rooms for $70 a night. I called 3 nights before to have a few folks added to my reservation. I even went down the morning of the reservation to make sure everything was noted. But when we came in at 1 a.m after the night football game, BOTH rooms were cancelled. Front desk clerk said the owner told her that he cancelled the rooms and had spoken with me. A downright lie. So here I am (from Atlanta), along with my friends (from Arizona) wtihout a room and in a city and 50 mile radius with no rooms.

There are PLENTY of options in Morgantown. Stay away from this one unless it is your last resort.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Super 8 Morgantown? Share your experiences!