“Like New.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
NYC
“Like New.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

All I can say is clean,clean,clean! It was like we were the first guests to stay in the room. It was a quick overnight trip to visit West Virginia University and wasnt expecting much from the hotel. I booked the trip through AAA and found the check in to be the fastest one we have ever had. The lobby was inviting and smelled fresh. Friendly staff was also on the check list. Everyone of them had a wonderfull greeting for us in the short time we were there. Our room was extreemly clean. Comfortable bed, bright white sheets made for a great nights sleep.
Very well done!
If there was a negative (and this is a reach to mention) it would be the breakfast area's coffee bar. Placement was in a bottle neck area and was a very slightly inconvenience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ursula M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Morgantown Granville, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank You for your kind comments. We just celebrated our 5th Anniversary and pride ourselves in the upkeep of our hotel. My staff is always happy to greet our guests and provide genuine hospitality. It is OUR pleasure to take care of you! Come again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Timmins
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

First time stopping in Morgantown WV on way to Nashville then Florida. The fairfield is located beside a crackn barrel....and very close to shopping malls. We were met by friendly smile at checkin, she was very efficient and helpful. Have stayed at a few fairfields and they are all set up basically the same. This one is very clean and well maintained. We stayed in a king room with a CAA price of 107.00 compared to 125.00 at a holiday inn nearby. It has a large bright bathroom and the furniture was in great condition. There was a bar fridge with microwave and coffee pot. Breakfast is included in the price of the room so a great deal overall.

The view overlooks a valley which is breathtaking at sunset.
The pool is small but good enough for a dip then a jump in the hot tub. The workout room has a couple of treadmills, bike etc and free weights.

Overall I rate this hotel excellent for the money. Great place to kick back after a long day on the road.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ursula M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Morgantown Granville, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for stopping to stay with us along the way. We hope that we will become your favorite and convenient location for stops on future travel down I-79. We promise to always give you the service that will make you want to return!
Sutton, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

When I arrived even though my room was prepaid, I had to have a charged made to my credit/debit card for room incidentals. I told the clerk I was not charging anything to my room and it was prepaid. I was told it needed to be charged and would take 7-10 days after checkout for it to be credited on my account. Our room was on the 3rd floor facing towards the highway. Our beds were uncomfortable to the point that our children decided to sleep on the floor. The bathroom light had bugs in it and it looked like the mirror was not clean considering there was someone else toothpaste residue around it. The room was very noisy through the night to the point we thought we had the window open. This was not the case the room was just very noisy from the traffic which was a distance from the hotel. The comp breakfast was good with a selection of cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage, hard boil eggs, toast, bagels, and waffles. When I went to check out the person checking me out took the room keys and that was it. I asked do I get a receipt and was told no. Also I was not asked how my stay was. This was the first time I stayed in a Fairfield Inn and was totally unimpressed. I have had better experience with mom and pop own motels .

Room Tip: DO NOT get a room on the towards the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ursula M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Morgantown Granville, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear valued guest...I apologize that I do not have enough information to address the specific circumstances of your stay but I do want to offer my sincere apology that we did not meet our goal of exceeding all our guests expectations. Due the demand of this busy weekend the rate reservation rules require that all reservations are prepaid in the amount of room and tax when the reservation is made in order to guarantee the room is held for your arrival. Our system will still require that a small amount be authorized at check in to allow for any possible incidental charges. This is made as a pending hold that is released no more than 10 days after check out. We try to make a point at check in to let our guests know that we have four FFIS promises and if any of those are not being kept to please let us know. We want to make you feel welcome, give you a clean fresh room of the highest quality standards, respond promptly to any need you have and give you the service that will make you want to return. We provide express checkouts by outing the final receipt under the door the night prior to your check out but we are of course happy to print one for you the only reason we would not deliver one is when a Marriott Rewards points stay is used as a receipt is not produced for that type of stay. If you would like to contact me directly at the property I will make every effort to honor your request. Finally I am sorry that the beds did not meet your expectations and again offer my apologies to you. If you stay with us in the future, please bring any concern or issue to the attention of any of our staff and we will be sure to do everything in our power to fulfill the promises for you. I am usually off on the weekends but it was important for me to be there at the property as we had so many guests departing that morning so that I could be available to personal Thank all our guests and be available to address any issues that may have arisen. I am sorry that I did not get an opportunity to be aware of your concerns and resolve them prior to your departure so that you could have left the property with a more satisfied opinion. I am available to you by phone or email if you would like to follow up with me in person about your recent stay. I certainly hope that we have the chance to have you stay with us in the future so that we can show you how important you are and to us and how committed we will be to providing you with a Problem Free Stay.
Charleston, wv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Something is not quite as it should be at this hotel. I've stayed twice because of its excellent location and reasonable price but can't figure out why there is never hand lotion in a room that has very, very dry electric heat. And the soap is poor quality, too. Also, why is the heater so inefficient? It is far warmer in the halls but it is hard to keep the room warm [and I prefer cool rooms, so you know something is odd].
The staff is quite nice and the lobby and breakfast area are fine. In fact, the woman tending the breakfast area went out of her way to be helpful and keep the area clean and stocked with necessary breakfast items.
It is certainly an OK place to stay but I prefer the Marriott TownePlace Suites at Exit 4 off I-68, when it is available.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ursula M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Morgantown Granville, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
I wanted to offer my apology that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. The FFIS Brand is required to use one of two name brand products that is specifically packaged for our hotels and is not a brand standard to place lotion in the guest rooms. It is important for us to please our guests and therefore we offer complimentary lotion as an additional amenity at the front desk. The heating units that controls the hallway is one unit that supplies the public space of the hotel but the individual units are in each room in order to allow our guests to set them at their own comfort level. We have staff available 24 hours a day and encourage you to let us know at any time if something "seems odd" or is not meeting your expectations and we will offer assistance and/or do our best to resolve any issues that you may be experiencing prior to your departure. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future and make your stay a pleasant one!
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Clean room, with high on hill view overlooking highway 79. Had must amenities required for overnight stay. Had gas bars, carwash and cracker barrel restaurant next door. Served continental breakfast. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Room on highway side gives overview of large country side.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank You for choosing to stay with us! We hope that we have the opportunity to provide our hospitality to you again soon!
Philly
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

When new, this place was fantastic. And the staff is still remarkably pleasant, and the location is still killer for Morgantown. BUT, there is really no reason why I should be flushing stink bugs down the toilet in the middle of one of the coldest winters on record. Over a two night stay we killed multiple stink bugs and lady bugs in the room. AND there were tell-tale signs that others before us had waged their own battles with them via the smears on the walls. Add it the toilet running off and on constantly and the horrible cheap replacement appliances in the room (seriously...Daewoo makes appliances now? Because the cars were SO successful?) You can now do much better in Morgantown - hopefully they get some cleaning, effective exterminators and updating. 'cause again...love the folks who work there at the front desk and the location...but not my in-room visitors.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Sharon F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Morgantown Granville, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear valued guest,

I apologize for the issues that you encountered during your recent stay with us. We thank you for your feedback, as it is the comments from our guests that allow us to strive for continued improvement and great guest service levels.

The issues that you listed with your guestroom are not to the standards that we hold and we are working on the problems with that room so that it is at the same high level of satisfaction as our other guestrooms.

We are hopeful that despite your disappointment, you will consider us when visiting the area again so that we can provide the excellent service that our guests are accustomed to. Please feel free to contact me and I will personally ensure that your stay is enjoyable.
Philippi, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed here because of the washer and dryer that was available. My husband has been in a rehab hospital for over 6 months and I wanted to be able to wash and dry his clothing while I was in town. I didn't like the way the corridors zig-zagged from the elevator section. I didn't feel threatened or unsafe but it just seemed odd for the corridors not to be straight.

The room itself was nice. It wasn't as comfortable as some of the places I have stayed during my trips to Morgantown during my husbands stay. the breakfast was one of the better complimentary breakfast places available in the area. This is close to the shopping area, restaurants and the Cracker Barrel is right beside this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Ursula M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Morgantown Granville, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank You for staying with us. We are happy to provide you a convenient location for your trips to Morgantown, WV. If there is anything that we can do to make a future stay more comfortable for you, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you. Our entire staff send our Well Wishes to your husband during his recovery.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Morgantown Granville? Share your experiences!