We recently stayed at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott in Morgantown, West Virginia. We reserved two rooms for two nights. The rooms were inundated with stink bugs and lady bugs. At one point while lying in bed, a lady bug landed on my husband’s chest. We laughed about this as it seemed harmless, right? The second morning, I woke up with a stink bug crawling beside my head. Upon examination, I discovered several stink bugs and lady bugs crawling all over the curtains and windows in both rooms. When I brought my concern to the front desk, I was told that since I had made my reservation through Travelocity, there was nothing that could be done. The young lady behind the counter laughed when I showed her the pictures of the bugs in our rooms and shrugged her shoulders when told that I would be giving negative reviews about the motel and our stay. I was told by the employee to contact Travelocity with my complaint. Really??? If I were to buy, let’s say a Mr. Coffee, coffee pot from Amazon, would Amazon be responsible for a faulty pot or would Mr. Coffee? I don’t believe Travelocity was on the sign of the motel parking lot that I pulled into.
When I made my reservation for our weekend family Christmas get together, I had a choice of where to stay. I specifically chose a Marriott establishment because of my phobia of bugs associated with motels. I was confident in Marriott’s reputation and motel cleanliness. If I wanted to wake up next to bugs, I would have made a reservation at a far less reputable motel down the street. I spent $443.52 on our weekend stay, and I am now asking myself, “Why?”
I have never lodged a formal complaint following a motel stay. My experience on this occasion warranted nothing less. I am appalled and offended by the bug filled rooms as well as the customer service I received at this particular location. I will never be staying at a Marriott owned facility again and I will be sharing my experience with every form of social media and motel review site that I possibly can. As I perused the cooperate website, I was inundated with claims of excellence. My stay at this establishment was far below excellent. Moreover, the shrug I was given indicates pretty subtly that Marriott just doesn’t care.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Morgantown, WV hotel is close to West Virginia University and Mountaineer Field, and steps from shops and restaurants in University Town Centre. Our Fairfield Inn & Suites Morgantown Granville is also near Mylan Park, Coopers Rock, Prickets Fort, and the beautiful Monongahela River. Start your day with our hot complimentary breakfast, relax with a swim in our heated indoor pool, or work out in our state-of-the-art fitness center. We look forward to serving you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Morgantown Granville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Morgantown Granville Hotel Morgantown
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Morgantown Granville