“First trip to Morgantown” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Hockessin, Delaware
“First trip to Morgantown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on our first visit to see the WVU campus during an open house. The hotel is in a great location next to lots of chain restaurant choices and shopping right up the hill. I found that the front desk was very helpful and found the room to be very clean. The only issue we had was that a fitted sheet on one of the beds kept coming off on all 4 corners and it happened both nights. I noticed the 2nd night that it seemed the cleaning staff just flipped the sheet over and put it back on from the first night. My husband and daughter both took advantage of the gym facilities and seemed happy with it. Breakfast was fine -standard continental fare and the kitchen attendant was sweet and very helpful when I asked for something that they were out of - the front desk attendant also asked us how we enjoyed our dinner downtown Morgantown when we returned to the hotel. We are back again to WVU in June for new student orientation and will more than likely stay here again.

Room Tip: although there was a busload of out of town female softball athletes staying there - we must have be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were travelling to NC from Niagara Falls and we found this hotel just to stay for a night,to rest and keep going to the North Carolina. Morgantown - nice "student" city with amazing views!Mountains,mountains are all around! I love it! There are many restaurants and shops just near the hotel,so that was great,because we didn't have to search for nice place to eat. The hotel is just 3 or 4 years old,but I was surprised that it is so dirty there...I mean in rooms. We asked for good room on the highest level. And our room 427 has a horrible smell....the smell of something very old...All pillowcases were white,but pillows were in big brown and yellow stains....I found hair on the duvet cover, and disgusting blond hair just on the black counter in the bathroom. And my husband found many little hairs on the shower curtain.So...it all looks like someone lived there,and room was not cleaned properly after them...horrible. So we asked for another room,I checked it and it was better then the first one,but anyway we found a hair in bathroom( So be prepared for it... Also the curtains were dirty and dusty...They supposed to be white...but they are yellow-white now( I can't believe that 3 years old hotel can be that dirty...I don't know why they pay money to staff for cleaning if rooms are not clean?

Room Tip: Just check your room before you will slip where.And ask for another if it will be dirty.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Reserved a room here as a stop-over on the way south. Arrived in the snow and was greeted by a great desk clerk who exceeded our expectations. The room as OK. The decor OK. The breakfast OK. The visit OK. The staff was excellent. The rate was very good (be sure and confirm you have the best rate). There are plenty of family style restaurant right on the winding way to the hotel. It's a place to stop and spend the night.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from elevators, ice machines and visiting sports teams.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night over the Easter weekend on our trip home from South Carolina. After a long day of driving, it was easy to find the hotel directly off of I-79. (Note: our GPS did not locate the destination exactly, but it took us right by the entrance sign). The room was clean with king bed and large bathroom with whirlpool tub (great for a relaxing soak).

The location is excellent with several new restaurants and stores nearby. A Cracker Barrel shares the parking lot so you can easily walk there, if that's your preference. The morning breakfast at the hotel was fine with not a lot of others in the large breakfast area off the lobby. The pool and whirlpool looked inviting but we did not take advantage of them.

For a long trip, this was a welcome relaxing stop on the way. Easy access to the interstate and convenient amenities make it a good choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cicero
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel appeared to be at almost maximum capacity. I checked in and they honored my the government rate on my reservation. As I checked in a 9pm and after dropping off my bags went to the Chili's restaurant down the street, I can't comment on the pool or other common area of the hotel. The walls could have better sound proofing but after driving 9 hours from Chicago, I probably could have slept through a major tornado.
The room seemed very clean, the internet was fast and check out was painless. Instead of being concerned about the quality of the "free" breakfast, I found a small locals-only restaurant and had a excellent breakfast for under $10.
This was my second stay at this hotel within the last 12 months and the quality of the furnishings and service appeared to be the same to me. I might stay again this summer while on a motorcycle trip as the scenery and roads in WV are a bikers joy.

Room Tip: The parking lot noise and road noise is minimal unless you want to open your windows. I had a room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Elmira, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Good value, hot coffee, clean as a whistle....what more could a southern bound, snow weary Canadian want!!! Front desk staff were very professional, bed met a Chiropractor"s standards and there were pillows for every shape of neck. Roomy breakfast area, with slightly above average continental fare. Would stay here again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Morgantown Granville? Share your experiences!