“Quiet spot with good sushi.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 227 Restaurants in Morgantown
Cuisines: Japanese
Appalachia
“Quiet spot with good sushi.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This spot was very quiet for lunch with a friend. There was only one other table in the restaurant. Our server had some difficulty understanding us, or vice versa. The manager (?) brought us a complimentary side/appetizer, which I found to be very welcoming and great customer service. The sushi was well constructed and tasty at reasonable prices. My one complaint is parking for this establishment. There are a few spots out front; however, the small parking lot adjoins the busy University Avenue. This means there is no room to turn around and you must either back into or out of your space directly off of or into University Avenue. At peak traffic times, this is nearly impossible. There is a sign indicating additional parking in the rear; however, I circled the building and nearby streets twice and couldn't find this area. The only other parking I found was for nearby rentals or other businesses with signage indicating others would be towed.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Morgantown
“Not as Good as Volcano”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I couldn't help but compare this sushi place to the other newer sushi restaurant called Volcano. The prices weren't as good here nor was the service. I felt rushed by the waiter, who wouldn't stop coming up when we clearly weren't ready, and he took plates too soon. They were friendly however, and the atmosphere was nicely decorated with Japanese masks, figurines, etc.

The sushi tasted good, but the price wasn't too great. I personally recommend going to Volcano instead for lunch specials at least, but Ogawa can take 2nd place in Morgantown.

• Visited February 2012
Warfordsburg, Pennsylvania
“Great service and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

While there isn't a huge selection of sushi beyond the 'normal' stuff, they do offer some interesting Korean dishes. I had the seafood hotpot and it was delicious, sizzling, and wonderfully aromatic. The baked mussel appetizer was very tasty, and the service was great. The older gentleman who seems to run this place was always coming over to make sure our large party was taken care of.

Visited April 2012
Washington, D.C.
“Very good sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

we've enjoyed Ogawa on several occasions when visiting family in Mo'town. very good sushi at reasonable prices. A nice find.

• Visited April 2011
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“great sushi/sashimi and reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I lived in Morgantown for ~2 years and came here about 10 times. It was probably my favourite restaurant in town.

It has a nice atmosphere and plenty of interesting Japanese art and objects on the wall. They have these great Japanese drama masks - all different expressions and some are pretty funny. There's an old Japanese man who always yells something at you, when you enter - I assume he's saying 'hello' lol.

The food was always good - I esp. liked chirashi - a selection of different fish fillets. I think it was $18?

Sushi restaurants can be a bit expensive - I don't mind paying if it's good, but've had plenty of mediocre sushi for inflated prices at some. I always got great food at Ogawa and never begrudged the price tag.

The wait staff were friendly and they serve a nice sake and Japanese beer selection.

Will miss this place, now that I've left town.

• Visited July 2011