“Best Restaurant in Morgantown” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 239 Restaurants in Morgantown
Cuisines: Japanese
Morgantown, WV
“Best Restaurant in Morgantown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I was introduced to Ogawa by a colleague about a year ago. Since then, I have been there at least one or twice a month. The food is fantastic - and I've never had a bad meal here. The sushi is always fresh and well presented. It was a delightful surprise to find that we had a local sushi restaurant of this caliber. The restaurant decor is okay - not great. But the food is fantastic and service is always friendly and efficient. As another reviewer noted, parking is inconvenient, but I've never been there when parking has been unavailable in the back lot. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Morgantown, WV
“Best Sushi and Sashimi in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

Sure, Ogawa has some issues: Parking is a pain in this part of Morgantown, and the atmosphere is somewhat lacking. But we're here for the food, and for that, it's fantastic.

I was introduced to Ogawa just about a month ago and have been there several times already, enjoying unbelievably fresh, perfectly prepared sushi and sashimi, along with perfectly complimentary white wines. I've had only the tuna and yellowtail platters and the salmon so far, but all three have been wonderful.

It's hard to believe you can find sushi of this caliber in landlocked Morgantown, W.Va., but it is delicious and worth trying.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Coast US
“Love the lunchbox & sushi rolls . . . nice atmosphere as well.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

Love the lunchbox & sushi rolls . . . nice atmosphere as well.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Always great sushi - I've never tried anything else because I love the sushi and sashimi so much, but I've heard the...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2008

Always great sushi - I've never tried anything else because I love the sushi and sashimi so much, but I've heard the noodles are excellent as well. The lunch box is the best deal in town - before 2:30 pm, you can get a great selection of sushi, tempura and other tasties for under $10.