“New Management/New Renovations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 22 hotels in Morgantown
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“New Management/New Renovations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

I stayed here last year and it was a complete dump, but low on funds I decided to give it another shot. I was completely amazed. Under new management and newly renovated rooms it was a very pleasant stay! The rooms have new marble bathroom tiling, and new hardwood floors in the room. The bed frames could use some work but they are comfortable brand new mattresses. The new managers are VERY customer service oriented and great to deal with! I plan on returning upon my next visit to Morgantown.

Room Tip: Most rooms have been renovated.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
West Chester, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011 via mobile

Surprise this real old fashioned motel was just the place we needed to sleep. Located right off the highway we found it being remolded and had friendly staff and clean room.

• Stayed October 2011
Hansford, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

We just stayed at the Morgantown Motel on Sept 23 & 24th, 2011 for the WVU/LSU game. Was expecting the worst but was very suprised when we got our room. The room had been recently renovated and had laminate floor and was clean. The owner was very nice with helping us ladies plan our day trip down to High Street for the pre game party. The morning coffee was decent and much needed. For the price folks come on you cant beat it and location is great for local cabs and bus to down town. I will return again for our next WVU Game.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Christchurch
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

we paid after walking into the office. we deserve all we get. The carpets are filthy.The old guy at the desk had a hacking cough and he was dispatched with another tired looking person to spray our room because of the musty smell.There were dead bugs in the toilet - I think they committed kamakaze. The bed is apparently ok...my old man's asleep....lulled by the passing traffic and the drone of the drink machine outside our door. I'm using the free wi fi!! And chuckling at the only extra in the room besides a broken fire alarm. it's an envelope with a little message on it: "thank you for staying with us! ...Your housekeeper has tried hard to make your stay as pleasant as possible. this envelope has been provided if you wish to leave something for your housekeeper's efforts."
I reccomend you look elsewhere for a more diligent host.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hudson, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

The staff at this motel is very rude. The fioor in the rooms is slanted. This motel needs to be condemned by the local authorities.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

Over 3 years past, I stayed at The Morgantown Motel and I recently I had returned to the area on business and stayed again. Initially I had stayed due to the rates and to its convenience, it was okay but now, I have seen first hand how the image, and rooms have changed quite a bit too the very positive nature. I am a smoker and West Virginia, also many travelers thru this are are big smokers, however, I stayed in one of the smoking renovated rooms and it was really a very clean, decent and with very comfortable bed. The room I stayed in had hard-wood floors and the air-conditioner worked really well. The price was right, and their staff could not do enough to accommodate us. They say they are under renovations and greatly working on a new image, well, I feel they are headed in the correct direction. I wish them good luck and
it is my pleasure to continually stay with them every month when I come to town on business.

Room Tip: If your neat & considerate, get newer rooms
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

I have found this motel has a very good, convienient location & is economical for this area. They are renovating, the newer rooms are very nice. The motel owner & staff seem to be very conscientious and customer service oriented. My stay was very good and I will return.
The room I stayed in was renovated and very nice. They are also doing landscaping on this
very nice 5 acre river front property. On the landscape I was able to enjoy grilling outside, which was most enjoyable. I see the future looks very bright for this local motel.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 11, it was very nice indeed....
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Morgantown Motel? Share your experiences!