“We had a great time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa

You added Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Lakeview Drive, Morgantown, WV 26505-9282 (Formerly Lakeview Scanticon Resort and Conference Center)   |
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
“We had a great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed for New Years Eve and had a blast! The NYE event was great; both service and the food. Also, the staff was very helpful when answering our questions. We would definitely stay here again and will be recommending this hotel to our
friends and family!

• Stayed December 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

All I have to say is "STAY AWAY!" This Resort is out dated, if you want to call it a resort. These are just a few of the things that were wrong I could probably write a book. So believe it when people write in these reviews it was not a good place.No one knew anything, everytime asking for info the response was "I have no idea, I just work here" I could not believe it. We had called to make sure what was going on for New Years, we were told they were having a party and kids were allowed, and what to my suprise when we got there and were asking about the event they said kids weren't allowed, one of the reasons for going to that resort. When we got to the condo you could tell they updated the fixtures and the rug, as far as Tv's they were all 19inches while you where sitting about 15 ft away, no joke! No DVD players (oh the tv's were too old to hook up a DVD player anyway), radios, not even an alarm clock! Wow, I guess they really want you to sleep in so you dont have to have the horrible cold buffet breakfast that they serve. For the week that we were there they had only two days that had activities for the kids one was bingo and the other was movie night. Even though the Activity Director was really nice you can tell her hands were tied due to financial status of hotel. I wish I could have lied and say it was at least ok. But I do not lie, Sorry :( As far as the Manager at the Owner's Club House one word, RUDE! No work ethic when it comes to dealing with unsatisfied guest (slamming drawers and telling you you are correct when you weren't even making a statement). I do have to say the Manager of the resort Steve he was accomodating at the last night. Probably, due to the business card that was given to were my husband works which is a Law Firm. As far as the comments that people make of it being a nice place, obviously they had a little too much to drink or maybe "they just work there".

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Would not stay here again...The unit was fairly old and in need of replacement furniture... the sofa was really old and dirty, the cushions on the sofa and love seat wear so flat it felt as if you were sitting on wooden bleachers, (and I should know, my son plays HS football...) TV's OMG..., they all were all 19" TV with no connection for at least a DVD Player... or to plug a game into... or a small stereo or a small boom box in the room it would have been nice at least to listen to some music, since there was nothing for the kids to do...., not even a clock radio... as for activities well let's see Bingo Wed night just for 2 hours and DVD movie night on a projection screen TV on Thursday in the game/rec room where other people were playing foosball and air hockey...and on there laptops ...No other activities to speak of, No one knew very much of what was going on. So we had to explore for activities on the internet,...oh we got was " I don't know I jsut work here" .... BTW i'm glad I brought my laptop they had no access to a computer and to get wifi I had to go into the game /rec room for a connection... no wifi in rooms... wow what year are we in ...last I checked it was 2011 even roach motels have wifi in the room... Timeshare Rep on site one word ... "rude !"... Told us we should have done more research and plannig before going there... what great a CSR experience that was. oh well I just wanted to share...People should be warned to stay away from this place... needless to say I won't be going back, oh well it is what it is... hope this comments help you make your selections easier.

Stayed December 2010
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

After reading some of the negative reviews, I was surprised to have such a nice room. Yes, this is an older building, but the room we were in must have been remodeled recently. The through-the-wall a/c unit was very quiet. The bathroom looked like it had new ceramic tiles and fixtures. The beds were great. I have no complaints at all about our room. It is a large complex and there appears to be only 1 elevator. We were on the 3rd floor and walked several corridors to get to our room. It would have been nice if the front desk had told us to pull around the back and go in an entrance that was only 2 doors down from our unit, but they did not. The indoor pool was nice. There restaurant "Fusions" is only open "seasonally" and we were out of season. The Legends Sports bar was open. My wife and I agreed the prices were very reasonable for the large quantity of food that we got. The food was also very good. I don't know that this is a 3.5 star place, but I thought it was at least as nice as many of the 2.5 star places that I have stayed at and the price was less. I would stay here again for a night's stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

1. It began at the Front Desk. No one was there. I waited 5 min. Finally, a nice maintenance man came along and showed an interest in helping me, whereupon a young woman came from the office behind.

2. She want $10 more for a King bed. Hotels haven't asked me for that before.

3. We found the bar & grille for a small bowl of soup. At $5.75 I received a bowl of clam chowder. Thing is..., it had ham in it. That's really ham/clam chowder. Never had that in my 62 years. But, when I got a mouthful of ham FAT, it was too horrible to suffer. You've got to think that if a chef puts ham & chunks of ham fat in your CLAM chowder, what else could he/she be capable of doing with your food? So eating in their restaurant/s was now completely out of the question.

4. No Comedy Channel ...to take away the pain. Fitness center was in another building. They claim they have wireless--THEY DON'T HAVE INTERNET. We tried every way we could to access, but got 'low signal'--which means we got nothing. My husband is in that business, so believe me--there was no access.

5. Bed was okay. The heating was sheer hell--something like the Comfort Inn in Manitowoc, WI, except they're better insulated. Clearly, there was NO insulation on outside wall. Wake up throughout the night feeling like a dried up mummy. Finally, turn off heater all together. It's cold-cold-cold-cold. And, cold.

6. Husband insisted we leave as soon as we can get dressed. He didn't even want their coffee (generic) from the room. I couldn't argue with him. Don't go there. Just say "NO".

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Fairmont, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

My company recently held our annual holiday party at the hotel. This was our second year at Lakeview. This year was the best so far. The food and service was great. We are pushing to have this here again. Thanks Lakeview.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Bridgeport, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

Friends and I spent the weekend at this resort and loved it. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful with area information. Would recommend this to family and friends. Good Food also.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!