“Might be good for golf but the rooms certainly are not 3 1/2 stars.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa

You added Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Lakeview Drive, Morgantown, WV 26505-9282 (Formerly Lakeview Scanticon Resort and Conference Center)   |
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Might be good for golf but the rooms certainly are not 3 1/2 stars.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

I've stayed at Lakeview half a dozen times over the last few years and it hasn't changed. The rooms are not what you'd expect from a 3 1/2 star hotel. I think the reason this place is even above 3 stars is because of the fact that it has a spa and a golf course. If you're just going be the rooms then it's somewhere between 2 1/2 - 3.

There's nothing really bad about it (except for the ultra low ceilings, old carpet and kinda dingy rooms). In fact, the location can be considered good since it's near Cheat Lake and away from Morgantown but I think next time around I'm going to be happier trying to Priceline a 3 star in the city itself.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

I just can't thank the staff @ Lakeview enough for showing me and my friends a great time on our recent golf trip. The rooms were exceptionally clean & the food was excellent. I tried several things on the menu over the course of my stay, and they were all fantastic. Not to mention that BOTH of their golf courses were in the best of shape! Thanks again to their friendly staff! WE will see you again in the fall!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

My boyfriend and I were in Morgantown to attend a friend's wedding. The ceremony area was beautilful, but it was so hot...thank goodness the staff had cold bottled water for us. The view from the ballroom was awesome...we loved it...Food and service were good. The evening went well and the bride/groom were happy with how the event turned out. We had too much drink and were able to get a room, evening staff at the front desk was very kind. Our room was clean, and comfortable...we like it. All in All it was a nice resort with a beautiful view and a helpful staff. good times....

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlestown, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

My wife and I recently stayed at the Lakeview resort on a weekend getaway. From the time we got there we received nothing but exceptional service. The next morning when we went to breakfast an realized we had a flat tire on the car. We went to the manager on duty steve? and he went above to help us. He notified the maintance department and both of them stayed with us and fixed the tire. That night when we came to the restaurant for dinner, the manager recognized us from earlier and took great care of us. The food and service was great and will return in the near future.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Charleston, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

It started after a long drive and there was a space right up front by the main entrance. After checkin, the clerk said to take the elevator just down the hall. I was thinking, wow lucky me. I didn't realize that the short walk to the elevator was just the beginning of my jaunt. After leaving the elevator, I had to walk what seemed like forever down 3 different turns until I finally reached my room, which happened to be right by a door that would have saved me a lot of walking. In the room, the first thing I noticed was a hair on the lid of the very tiny ice bucket. Wall plates are missing on outlets very noisy.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

We were driving to D.C. and needed a place to stay near Morgantown for one night. I went on Priceline and we ended up here. We were pleasantly surprised! It's not the swankiest resort in the world, but it's pretty darned nice for the money! It's only a mile or so off Interstate 68 about 10 miles east of Morgantown -- easy to find. The resort has an upscale lobby and public spaces, beautiul views of Cheat Lake. The decor is a bit dated but our non-smoking room was spacious, comfortable, and clean. Our bathroom was spacious and clean, nice shower. The front desk quickly provided a shower cap upon request along with other amenities. Our bed and pillows were comfortable and the AC kept our room comfortable on a hot, humid evening. The views of Cheat Lake were lovely and the staff were professional and friendly. We don't play golf, but I assume they have a good golf course, because there were tons of golfers there in the morning. We had a very satisfying breakfast buffet in the morning (individually made omelets, hot bacon and sausage, French toast, fresh juice, etc.) and it only cost $7.00 per person! Altogether, we had a relaxing, comfortable stay in a nice golf resort/ spa for less than what we would expect pay at a Hampton Inn. I've seen some reviews complain about low ceilings- we noticed hallways with low ceilings, but since we are not 7 feet tall it didn't matter. My Suggestion: Try Priceline - we paid less than 100 bucks incl breakfast for two . This was an EXCELLENT value. A night at Nemacolin Golf Resort and Spa at Farmingon PA about 50 miles away would literally set you back 5X as much. This is a MUCH better value and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Tamarac, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

The hotel on line does not match the reality of this nightmare!!! Filthy , nasty 3.5 star mess. Lakeview Resort should be moved to 1 star status. False advertising!!!
The sheets don't even fit on the bed. Bathroom was filty and disgusting with pee on floor behind toilet.Hair stuck to ceiling and broken curtains. YUK! Nothing is included. The hotel has some "amenities" BUT you have to Pay extra for them: tennis, gym you name it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!