I've stayed at Lakeview half a dozen times over the last few years and it hasn't changed. The rooms are not what you'd expect from a 3 1/2 star hotel. I think the reason this place is even above 3 stars is because of the fact that it has a spa and a golf course. If you're just going be the rooms then it's somewhere between 2 1/2 - 3.
There's nothing really bad about it (except for the ultra low ceilings, old carpet and kinda dingy rooms). In fact, the location can be considered good since it's near Cheat Lake and away from Morgantown but I think next time around I'm going to be happier trying to Priceline a 3 star in the city itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Virginia’s Top Family Resort. Nestled in the rolling hills of West Virginia and only 10 miles south of the Pennsylvania border, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s premier golf resort destinations. On 500 pristine acres sits two championship West Virginia golf courses, great accommodations, unforgettable weddings, productive meetings and fun for the whole family. We offer a variety of West Virginia's best stay and play golf packages including golf, accommodations and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Scanticon Hotel Morgantown
- Lakeview Scanticon Resort