“Our Family Outing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Lakeview Drive, Morgantown, WV 26505-9282 (Formerly Lakeview Scanticon Resort and Conference Center)   |
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Pa
“Our Family Outing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2006

My Family and I recently visited this local resort in WV and were totally WOW'D by the hospitality they had.
Upon contacting the resort I learned of the new renovations that had taken place and upon arrival I was very impressed by them. The newwly renovated restaurant Fusion is a must to every guest. They offer both breakfast and dinner and the food and service were, well remarkable. From check in to departure the experience was a very memorable one for the entire family. It was a visit we will chersih and hope to make a yearly event.

• Liked — Everything was just remakable
  • Disliked — Nothing had a great time
  • Tips/Secrets — It is a must see
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Morgantown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2006

I didn't want to stay at Lakeview for the wedding, because I live in the area, but it was awesome! The reception was in Reflections Ballroom, which I think used to be a resturant. It overlooked Cheat Lake and the room was decorated so pretty with these great fall center pieces. The wedding was so elegant! the ceremony was on the golf course and it was so romantic. I had a wonderful time! The food was really good, although the twiced baked potatoes were dry. My room was super nice. The bedspread seemed new and the carpets must have just been put in. The staff was really helpful. I just had a wonderful time. I want to have my wedding there!

• Liked — I felt really safe and it seemed like a lot of stuff was new.
  • Disliked — The elevators were a ittle rough.
  • Tips/Secrets — Make sure you see the library and Reflections they are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2006

I recently held a meeting at this property and would recommend it for your next meeting. The staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs. We had our dinner in their newly renovated ballroom and it was great. It has a beautiful view of the lake. We were coming from Pittsburgh so a lot of our guests stayed overnight as well. Everyone seemed pleased with their accommodations. We have this meeting on a annual basis and will be looking at Lakeview for next years event as well.

Stayed October 2006
Burlington, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2006

Had the opportunity of staying at this property during a conference and wasn't really looking forward to it because of a past experience several years ago.

What a nice surprise! Our room had been renovated since my last visit and a wonderful new restaurant had been added as well. The staff was friendly and very helpful, the hotel very clean and the golf course a delight to play. (It helped that our weather was great!)

The property had gone through several other up-dates to our meeting areas and definitely showed an improved attention to detail. We'll be back.

• Liked — resort feel near a city
  • Disliked — distance from front desk to last rooms on property
  • Tips/Secrets — request one of the newly renovated rooms ... all rooms to be completed by 4/07
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alexandria, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2006

We stayed here for a wedding. Our "non-smoking room" smelled of butts and had an ashtray on the table; when we questioned this we were told that guests are permitted to smoke if they wish in non-smoking rooms, and would we like the room "ionized again"? Except for the main lobby, most of the resort is downright shabby. The wedding party prepared for the ceremony in a dank locker room that was also serving as a restroom for the golf clubhouse. Food was decent and service was friendly enough, but there is no attention to detail here and the whole place is in need of a month-long shutdown and reno.

• Liked — Food was decent.
  • Disliked — Resort was in general state of disrepair.
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay at Waterfront of Clarion instead and just go to Lakeview for golf.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2006

I got a good rate via priceline $53.00 and stayed July 25th and 26th. The room did not smell of mildew as many have stated previously. We stayed in room #233. The rooms were well appointed and wireless internet access was FREE. I stayed here 2 nights. The indoor pool was a bit cold but the whirlpool was just right., The outdoor pool was a bit cloudy but plenty of towels and lifeguards. .Renovation must be complete but the bathrooms still need work....see picture. I would stay here again. Staff was fine. Never ate at any of the restaurants but this resort also has a golf course with a 19th hole which seemed reasonablly priced. Resort is close to mall. This place is *** rated and it is a true rating. I stayed here and rated this hotel May 12th also.

• Liked — Cheap
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montgomeryville, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2006

We have a group of 24 golfers who have for 15+ years gone to another golf resort in Virginia. When the group leader made the reservations at Lakeview I was worried because of the poor reviews on this board. Well forget them, we loved it here!!

The golf here is great!! Many of the golfers preferred the Mountainview course over the Lakeview course due to its wonderful back nine. On blind shots you may want to drive ahead and look due to some green placements that we found to be a surprise. The only negative thing I can say is that they should put yardage markers on the sprinkler heads and add yardage poles for the 100 and 200 yard markers.

While the restaurant was a little short on variety the quality of the food was average to above average. The evening buffet was very good and offered a large varity of options. Every night we had a choice of chicken, fish, pasta, and beef. The waffles and omelette bar in the morning are excellent. The sports lounge was filled with good offerings of freshly cooked food and snacks. My favorite was the buffalo chicken wrap. Nothing here was pre-cooked. I found the drink prices to be a good value.

The hotel was above average. I found the rooms to be neat and clean. The beds were comfortable and the size of the room was average with other hotels. The inside rooms are always a nice feature. I found no odors or smells. An elevator at the ends of the halls would have been nice after a long day of 36 holes on the golf course.

The best for last was the people. They have a great staff of people and they truly make a difference in the stay. The bag guys were awesome(Patrick was the best). The cart girls and the 10th hole hot dog girls were out of this world. Friendly, happy and cheerful people. The hotel, restaurant staff and sports lounge waitresses were always filled with a smile and a greeting. I know that they make their living this way but they went above the norm.

I think that Lakeview will become our new golf resort for at least the next 15 years.

Stayed May 2006

Been to Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!