We stayed here for a wedding. Our "non-smoking room" smelled of butts and had an ashtray on the table; when we questioned this we were told that guests are permitted to smoke if they wish in non-smoking rooms, and would we like the room "ionized again"? Except for the main lobby, most of the resort is downright shabby. The wedding party prepared for the ceremony in a dank locker room that was also serving as a restroom for the golf clubhouse. Food was decent and service was friendly enough, but there is no attention to detail here and the whole place is in need of a month-long shutdown and reno.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Virginia’s Top Family Resort. Nestled in the rolling hills of West Virginia and only 10 miles south of the Pennsylvania border, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s premier golf resort destinations. On 500 pristine acres sits two championship West Virginia golf courses, great accommodations, unforgettable weddings, productive meetings and fun for the whole family. We offer a variety of West Virginia's best stay and play golf packages including golf, accommodations and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Scanticon Hotel Morgantown
- Lakeview Scanticon Resort