We have a group of 24 golfers who have for 15+ years gone to another golf resort in Virginia. When the group leader made the reservations at Lakeview I was worried because of the poor reviews on this board. Well forget them, we loved it here!!
The golf here is great!! Many of the golfers preferred the Mountainview course over the Lakeview course due to its wonderful back nine. On blind shots you may want to drive ahead and look due to some green placements that we found to be a surprise. The only negative thing I can say is that they should put yardage markers on the sprinkler heads and add yardage poles for the 100 and 200 yard markers.
While the restaurant was a little short on variety the quality of the food was average to above average. The evening buffet was very good and offered a large varity of options. Every night we had a choice of chicken, fish, pasta, and beef. The waffles and omelette bar in the morning are excellent. The sports lounge was filled with good offerings of freshly cooked food and snacks. My favorite was the buffalo chicken wrap. Nothing here was pre-cooked. I found the drink prices to be a good value.
The hotel was above average. I found the rooms to be neat and clean. The beds were comfortable and the size of the room was average with other hotels. The inside rooms are always a nice feature. I found no odors or smells. An elevator at the ends of the halls would have been nice after a long day of 36 holes on the golf course.
The best for last was the people. They have a great staff of people and they truly make a difference in the stay. The bag guys were awesome(Patrick was the best). The cart girls and the 10th hole hot dog girls were out of this world. Friendly, happy and cheerful people. The hotel, restaurant staff and sports lounge waitresses were always filled with a smile and a greeting. I know that they make their living this way but they went above the norm.
I think that Lakeview will become our new golf resort for at least the next 15 years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Virginia’s Top Family Resort. Nestled in the rolling hills of West Virginia and only 10 miles south of the Pennsylvania border, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s premier golf resort destinations. On 500 pristine acres sits two championship West Virginia golf courses, great accommodations, unforgettable weddings, productive meetings and fun for the whole family. We offer a variety of West Virginia's best stay and play golf packages including golf, accommodations and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Scanticon Hotel Morgantown
- Lakeview Scanticon Resort