Please don't visit this resort unless you golf.
We just got back from a family member's wedding and it was way overpriced and completely not worth it.
It started with the booking. My sister was told she was getting the best rate for her wedding. Well, we were given a rate of 129 dollars per night but the resort was advertising a 99 dollar rate online.
They charged us 10 dollars a night extra for a crib, despite the fact that there were only two of us in a room for four. The room acoomodated four but there were only towels enough towels for three. There were several engineering issues including a non working outlet and a broken closet door. Housekeeping servicer was decent but there were yellow spots all over the ceiling of our bathroom. The rooms are very small and our room had about a 19" tv, while another member of our family had about a 30" tv. The resort boasts high speed internet access, however, it is interminent, if existent at all.
They have a really nice indoor and outdoor pool. We utilized the indoor pool and had a very nice time. They have a small sign in your room that asks you not to take towels to your room to the pool, however, when we arrived at the pool (at ten am), there were only about three or four towels left.
There are very few dining establishments around so you have to eat at their resturant. We ate breakfast there and it was pretty good.
If you are thinking of booking a wedding there, please take heed. There were several challenges with the wedding as well. There were three children at the wedding and two of the three did not get high chairs until two thirds of the way though dinner. Items that were ordered as special surprises for members of the wedding party were paid for but never delivered to their rooms. The weding planner pushed a lot of what you think a wedding planner should do onto the bride. It was asked that members of the family were blocked together and that was not accomodated as well. There was a golf tournament at the same time and they were given priority for everything and it felt as if we, the wedding guests, were second class citizens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Virginia’s Top Family Resort. Nestled in the rolling hills of West Virginia and only 10 miles south of the Pennsylvania border, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s premier golf resort destinations. On 500 pristine acres sits two championship West Virginia golf courses, great accommodations, unforgettable weddings, productive meetings and fun for the whole family. We offer a variety of West Virginia's best stay and play golf packages including golf, accommodations and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Scanticon Hotel Morgantown
- Lakeview Scanticon Resort