“Weekend getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa

You added Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Lakeview Drive, Morgantown, WV 26505-9282 (Formerly Lakeview Scanticon Resort and Conference Center)   |
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Weekend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed were for a weekend. He had a room over looking the golf course. Even t hough the golf course was closed for the season the is still much to do in this area from local wineries to antique shops. we Had a 2 bedroom townhouse with a fire place. STaff wa professional and helpful I requested choclate covered strawberries to be in the room for you arrival and they were on the table when we got there. Will stay again in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Their address entered into our GPS took us to the middle of a trailer park. When I called the hotel for directions, they gave me a different address to use and said "oh, this happens all the time when you use a GPS." Carpeting in the halls and the rooms looked new, large flat-screen TV in the room, but old wallpaper and fixtures. First room was dirty and had dead bugs and an oily substance on the vanity. I asked to change rooms and the second room had no coat hangers and a crumbling ceiling, but was clean. I then asked for a discounted price from the full-price I was paying. The front desk was understanding and honored my request with no questions asked. By now I deserved a drink, so we headed to the bar. Once the waitress learned we actually wanted to order food and drink, she was attentive and friendly. The riblet appetizer was at least double the size stated on the menu, but very tough. My prime rib sandwich was totally overcooked. If it wasn't for the melted provolone cheese and gravy it would have been inedible. I ate it because I was tired and starving after an almost 8 hour drive that should have taken less than 6. When asked about the food, I told the waitress the food was "just ok." She didn't bat an eye or ask what I didn't like since I did finish my meal. We slept well as the beds were surprisingly comfortable. The next afternoon we did enjoy a delicious (but nothing special) buffet in Fusions at our family reunion. I'm wondering if Fusions and Legends have different chefs. The outdoor seating at Legends provides pretty views overlooking the narrow 18th fairway and green. The golf course looked in good shape from our viewpoint. Supposedly the family membership is $100/month with a special going on at the time of our stay of $50/month. At these prices, it would seem there'd be a lot of hackers playing the course and I'm questioning the actual condition of the course; however, we did not have time to play and judge for ourselves. For no particular reason, we did not use the pool or the hot tub. If it weren't for the convenience of staying where our family was staying and our party was being held, we would have chosen a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Florida, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

This resort is quite run down, starting with the dated sign at the entrance and all the way to the water stained ceilings, leaky toilets and tubs with the great view down the drain. We stayed there because of golf, but never again. The rooms are motel quality at best with very dated bathrooms. The doors into the different parts of the sprawling hotel building are not managed by guest keys and are open access to anyone: We had someone knock on the door at midnight announcing they were room service with our hand towels. The gym is excellent, by the way, with a lap swimming pool, sauna and indoor tennis courts. But overall this place needs an update to be called a resort.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
LVRoomsManager, Manager at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We are currently renovating our guest rooms and hope you will return again to see our finished product.
Grafton, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Lakeview catered our recent open house event and did a fantastic job. We've used Steve and his staff many times because we know the food will be delicious and the service is second to none! It's comforting to know when planning an event, Lakeview catering has you covered!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. We are pleased to hear your event was such a success.
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Wow, was this an experience?! I have trouble believing the 4 star rating is a legitimate score. I’ll start from the beginning. As I pulled into the parking lot there were no spaces available. Even if there had been there is some sadistic directional parking method that leads you in to a parking trap along with the other motorists trying to escape it. Upon checking in I was informed of the additional fees. In fact, they have a form that must be signed to acknowledge these. Next I was asked for a credit card for “incidentals”. That’s not unusual. Except for the amount they were going to charge to the card of a hundred and sixty-two!!! then to be refunded after my departure. One week later, I’m still unclear if this has happened yet. This place is not close to town. It’s about 25 minutes from Morgantown WV. Two things worked against me just leaving. First, the room had been paid in full via Hotels.com and therefore not refundable. Second, I had no guarantee that I could find another room anywhere else as there was a big motorcycle event in town. I decided to live with it. As I walked to my room I took in the 30 year outdated falling apart décor. It is reminiscent of what the hotel in the movie “The Shining “ would look like if it were marginally cleaned but not updated to since the movie’s release 40 years ago. The crumbling cement walkways and stairs, grimy door handles and mismatched 70’s carpet added to the esthetic. After a battle with the card key lock I made into my room. It was dingy with a noisy air-conditioning unit that had been optimistically set at 67 degrees. The bathroom was on the small side with a door to the compartment that held the toilet, sink and the shower. Unless the door was closed it rendered the space unusable. In the bathroom were usual items. One bar of facial soap. A super glue size bottles of shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer. These were to be my only bathing companions during my four day stay. I had to ration them to the last bit. Other additions to the bathroom were left over stand of long hair in the tub, one tissue in the tissue box and a suspicious brown stain on one of the hanging towels. In the main part of the room were two beds a desk, chair, TV, dresser and no outlets. I had to charge my cell phone overnight In the other half of the bathroom compartment. Inconvenient due to the fact that I use it for and alarm besides its other uses. The only usable bed if you planned watch TV was made concave by the people who must of reached the same viewing conclusion. I’m curious to know how many people it takes to do that? Several hundred? A thousand? I get grossed out thinking about it. After settling in I decided to go to the bar and get a sandwich and a beer. I happened to fall in behind two of the hotels employees during my walk. Due to my proximity I couldn’t help but over hear part of their conversation. It had something to do with they disliked it when guests would call the laundry department because they couldn’t reach housekeeping. It made me wonder if it was just the Laundry Dept. that didn’t want to help guests? Or both? The bartender was nice. She let me drink my beer while checking twice to see if I was ready to order. I ordered the Turkey club on white. It came dry and tasteless. At this point I was finding humor in my situation but beginning to compose this review in my head. During the night I listened to my neighbors and was woken up by what I thought at first was a motorcycle doing a burnout in the parking lot. After the first few times of this I realized it was the aforementioned optimistic air conditioner complaining about keeping the room out of the eighty degree range. I was serenaded by it every night for the remainder of my visit. The next day there was a small victory had by my work colleague. He arrived to the front desk where the clerk informed that his reservation had been lost. I know it had been made do to phone conversation had the day it was made on month earlier. He was informed that the room was now $***dollars per night 25% up from the $*** quoted a month earlier but there where rooms available. I would love to tell you how much exactly but they won’t post this if I do. Happily he gave the clerk the coupons for a two night free stay given to him a year earlier by the hotel trying to make up for the lost reservation during the previous year’s visit. During that visit he told there were no rooms available and was made to take a twenty minute cab ride to another hotel. The rate increase was questionable and reflects the a new term I’ve come to understand for prison rape. That term is called “event pricing”. Even though it wasn’t my victory it was still a win for the home team. During a walk through the golf course (to a better restaurant)I noticed its condition was no better than the hotels. The only difference being the need for a 4X4 golf kart needed to negotiate its crumbling paths and trenched fairways. I could go on but you get the idea.

Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is the 6th year we have held our 2-day event at Lakeview and every year the experience gets better and better.

From Management, to support staff, the restaurant/bar and golf course, you could not ask for better people, service and conditions. Everything you need is located within the property. Everyone involved is there to make sure your event and stay are of the utmost importance and it will be followed through with the highest attention to detail.

If you are having a conference, golf tournament, wedding or just spending the night, Lakeview is without a doubt the location you can feel comfort in knowing everything will be taken care of, no questions asked!

We look forward to year 7 and many more to come!

Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I had my wedding at Lakeview on May 25, 2014. From the search for my venue until the day we left for our honeymoon, it was a perfect experience. After comparing other local venues, Lakeview was the most helpful and easy to reach for answers to our questions when trying to shop for our wedding location. The Lakeview Wedding Specialists made our decision easy. They guided me through my entire planning process with answers to every question a bride has from menu recommendations to wedding vendor suggestions. It was comforting knowing I could trust them since they specialize in weddings and have so much experience to offer. My Wedding day was absolutely perfect. I had my ceremony there as well. They made arrangements for a room for me and my bridal party to get ready that day. I was able to relax and enjoy my day while taking advantage of the Spa on property to get my hair and makeup done. All while the Wedding Specialists were setting up and decorating my room, greeting my florist, DJ, cake baker, etc and taking care of all of those details so I didn't have to worry about a thing. All of my guests were able to enjoy our wedding day with the ceremony and reception all in one place as well as a room to stay in after a night of celebrating. It was comforting knowing my guests didn't have to stress about anything either. Just show up and all our events were there in the same venue. The Wedding Specialists got my groom and minister to where they needed to be at the right time and then once all the guests were seated they came to get me down the aisle. After our ceremony we got the most amazing photos on the beautiful green golf course! Our reception was amazing. The Lakeview staff provided superb service to us and our guests and our dinner was better than I could have imagined. Our guests are still talking about how great our food was and how delicious our cake was from Lakeview's preferred baker The Cupcakerie. I never realized how important those comments from my guests would be until after the wedding was over. After all the planning for a year, those comments and memories made are what I hold on to. I would recommend Lakeview to all brides out there looking for your perfect and stress-free Wedding venue.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!