“My Perfect Wedding May 25” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa

You added Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Lakeview Drive, Morgantown, WV 26505-9282 (Formerly Lakeview Scanticon Resort and Conference Center)   |
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Morgantown, West Virginia
“My Perfect Wedding May 25”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I had my wedding at Lakeview on May 25, 2014. From the search for my venue until the day we left for our honeymoon, it was a perfect experience. After comparing other local venues, Lakeview was the most helpful and easy to reach for answers to our questions when trying to shop for our wedding location. The Lakeview Wedding Specialists made our decision easy. They guided me through my entire planning process with answers to every question a bride has from menu recommendations to wedding vendor suggestions. It was comforting knowing I could trust them since they specialize in weddings and have so much experience to offer. My Wedding day was absolutely perfect. I had my ceremony there as well. They made arrangements for a room for me and my bridal party to get ready that day. I was able to relax and enjoy my day while taking advantage of the Spa on property to get my hair and makeup done. All while the Wedding Specialists were setting up and decorating my room, greeting my florist, DJ, cake baker, etc and taking care of all of those details so I didn't have to worry about a thing. All of my guests were able to enjoy our wedding day with the ceremony and reception all in one place as well as a room to stay in after a night of celebrating. It was comforting knowing my guests didn't have to stress about anything either. Just show up and all our events were there in the same venue. The Wedding Specialists got my groom and minister to where they needed to be at the right time and then once all the guests were seated they came to get me down the aisle. After our ceremony we got the most amazing photos on the beautiful green golf course! Our reception was amazing. The Lakeview staff provided superb service to us and our guests and our dinner was better than I could have imagined. Our guests are still talking about how great our food was and how delicious our cake was from Lakeview's preferred baker The Cupcakerie. I never realized how important those comments from my guests would be until after the wedding was over. After all the planning for a year, those comments and memories made are what I hold on to. I would recommend Lakeview to all brides out there looking for your perfect and stress-free Wedding venue.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Chesterfield, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Decided to bring the family here for an overnight stay as we were visiting friends in the area. First impression while driving up was that this place was going to be very nice. However, after we checked in and got to our room, I was very disappointed. Our room was very outdated and rundown. The beds were uncomfortable and the toilet was very hard to flush and almost overflowed. We have two kids and we asked for a refrigerator to be in the room and they brought one up but for an extra $10 charge. After spending $200 for a room you would expect that to be complimentary. We ate at the Legends restaurant and the food was fair at best. The waitress got our order wrong and was rushing us to leave it seemed. The indoor pool was rundown. Not enough pool towels and not enough place to sit down by the pool. There is no complimentary breakfast in the morning either. I feel that this place is a huge ripoff and you can get better service and just as nice of a room at your average holiday in. I will not return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

After approx. 10 years of my golf group of 4 - 8 golfers and myself coming to Lakeview, I will never return here again nor will my golf group.
To make a long story short, my girlfriend and I decided in May to go on a golf road trip to South Carolina. As is my custom I was going to make Lakeview my 1st stop on the way down and my last stop on the way home.
I booked my room on-line for July 16th and July 23rd. We arrived on the 16th at 10:30am and checked in. Much to our surprise our room was ready. Our room was on the 3rd floor right next to the Door 6 stairwell. This meant we had to lug our bags, coolers etc. up 3 flights of stairs as the elevator was probably 300 yards away. Not a huge deal even though it meant 3 trips up and down the stairs. We golfed the Lakeview Course (excellent) then had dinner and a few drinks at Legends. Kelly and Zack were great, the food not so much. We then retired for the night.
In the morning we went for breakfast before departing on the 2nd leg of our trip. We paid $12.50 each for the hot breakfast buffet. It was poor cafeteria food at best but filled the gap.
As luck would have it we were forced to cut our stay in South Carolina short by 1 day which meant we had to leave a day early. We arrived at Lakeview on July 22nd hoping to get a room for that night as well as the 23rd which we already had booked. However, there were no vacancies. After trying a Holiday Inn Express and a Super 8 nearby (no vacancies), we managed to find a room at Springhill Suites (Marriott) about 10 mins. from Lakeview.
We golfed at Lakeview that afternoon and were subjected to a 5+ hour round of golf. There was a single playing 2 balls in front of us who refused to join the threesome in front of him as well as a foursome about 4 groups in front of us that had 3 holes open in front of them and the whole course backed up behind them. Of course there was not a Course Attendant in sight.
After shopping in the Pro Shop and having a few beverages at Legends we decided that we did not want to come back the next day and went to cancel our reservation for the 23rd. This is when we were told quite rudely that there was a 48 hour cancellation policy and that it was 100% non-refundable. I know for a fact that this room could have been re-booked 10 times over as there was a huge Biker Rally in Morgantown that weekend and every other motel was booked solid from Wed. to Sat. That was of little or no concern to Molly at the front desk. We did not cancel our reservation and the room sat empty for the night. This room could have been given to someone else who may have golfed, eaten, shopped, drank and become a repeat customer but for the sake of refunding me my $125 deposit, they may have lost out on all kinds of revenue. This is terrible Customer Service in my view. They have lost between $800 - $1000 this coming October (and many other Octobers) that my golf group would have spent just because of greed and a very stupid policy.
The good thing about all this is I found a fabulous motel in Springhill Suites in Morgantown and will continue to go there in the future. Their accommodations were 10 times nicer than Lakeview and the free breakfast offered there was better than the one we paid $12.50 for at Lakeview.
I will continue to golf at Lakeview (begrudgingly) because I like the course but will never stay there again. Nor will I spend a nickel there on food, beverages or shopping.
I hope you enjoyed ripping one of your repeat customers off for $125!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

During my stay the accommodations were great. Although the staff was busy , they were always available and willing to help you with whatever you needed. The bar was very friendly and the service and food were great. I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends.

Stayed June 2014
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Recently I stayed at Lakeview while attending an event at another site. I can't say enough about the courteousness and helpfulness of the staff. Everyone seemed to really want to go out of their way to make sure my stay was great. The resort itself is on a beautiful property and the accommodations were very comfortable and clean. I would highly recommend this resort. It is more than just for golfers. Anyone looking for a place to stay for themselves or their family will be more than satisfied and very well treated.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I visit Lakeview once or twice a year to golf with friends. I must say the staff always takes great care of us like we are part of the family. The rooms are always clean and the renovations made over the last year look great. The golf course was in great shape and they have started to repair the cart paths as well. We are already planning another weekend for some late fall golf.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family and I stopped here for a night traveling up North. It seemed like a nice place to stay compared to the normal hotels judging by the pictures online. The golf course looks great and I'm sure this hotel is perfect for a guys golf outing. I would not recommend the hotel for a family. The rooms seem old and dirty. The beds are small and the service is not the best. We requested towels that never came. We ended up going up a floor and finding a maids cart and grabbing them ourselves. If you need a gift shop you are out of luck unless you use the golf pro shop which closes early. The bar and outside patio was very nice and the food was good. The hotel over all needs to be updated.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!