“Hospitality 10 out of 10” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Lakeview Drive, Morgantown, WV 26505-9282 (Formerly Lakeview Scanticon Resort and Conference Center)   |
Ranked #12 of 22 hotels in Morgantown
Kitchener, Canada
“Hospitality 10 out of 10”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My recent 5 day, 4 night stay at Lakeview Resort was unforgetable. Our group of 28 golfers could not have asked for better hospitailty, accommodations, and service. Staff at the proshop made our golf experience so memorable, we will be attending again next year. "Hats off" to Tim and and his professional staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Stefanie A, Manager at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you again for your kind words. We are proud of our current team's ability to establish lasting memories for our guests. We hope to see you again in the near future.

354 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Harrisburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I enjoyed the Lakeview Golf Resort with a group of ten last week - my second visit this year and I've traveled to Lakeview from PA for several years to stay and play on golf packages. The friends I introduce to Lakeview are consistently impressed by the value for their money. The challenging golf courses set in the Allegheny Mountains offer a great experience for golfers of all abilities and scenic views of the adjacent Cheat Lake and surrounding mountains. Both courses are in outstanding condition. The Lakeview Course has recovered well from a late August aerification. Mountainview has upgraded the cart fleet and the course was a nice as I have ever seen it with the lone exception of reseeding on the 12th fairway. I understand there is a plan for repaving the Lakeview cart paths next year. Tim, our golf sales representative, was attentive to details arranging our outing and he greeted us during our stay. The staff at the receptionist desk, in housekeeping, at the restaurants, in the fitness center, and on the golf courses are genuinely friendly, warm, and efficient. A major renovation has upgraded the guest rooms at the resort (many of the photos posted by other guests do not reflect our experience with the comfortable, well equipped accommodations). Our group appreciated the service and enjoyed the good and bountiful food at the Legends Restaurant for dinner and Fusion Buffet for breakfast. The only complaint from our group was the lukewarm temperature of the hot tub in the hotel where several of us planned to lounge after 36 holes of golf (the facilities in the fitness center were closed when we tried to use that one). Otherwise, it was a great experience. I am planning to accompany a double foursome that will return to Lakeview next May and coordinate another group that visits the resort each September. I highly recommend it for your outing or event. While a banquet, wedding, or other large group event was not our purpose, we have observed how the hotel staff also accommodates those at their facilities and beautiful properties too. I look forward to each visit to Lakeview!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words. It was great to see all of you again this year. We pride ourselves in the ability to develop long lasting relationships with our guests. We cant wait to see you again in the future.

Best Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I thought the indoor pool was filfthy. We had a buy on night get one free. Staff was VERY helpful. Located very close to the nearby Marina. Just wish it was a little closer to town. Took about 10-15 minutes to get to downtown.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay at Lakeview. We are excited that you were able to experience the surrounding beauty of the area. Please visit us again when you are in the Morgantown area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Attended a conference there last week, and what a fabulous experience. It's not often that everything goes as smoothly as is did at this resort. The grounds are beautiful, the golf course stunning. The staff appears well trained because they are consistent among all the departments. Housekeepers are friendly, wait staff remembers your name, and the front desk is warm and efficient. Usually I have some minor things go wrong, and generally they're not enough to complain about. This place got everything right. I enjoyed the peaceful and natural setting, and walked around the golf course after our meeting. Dinner in the bar was delicious and the atmosphere was fun too. Traveling on business can be a chore at times, but this place erases all that. I will return with my family so they can enjoy it as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. We take pride in our ability to deliver a lasting positve experience. Each year we will continue to renovate our property and experience. We hope you come visit us again when you are in the Morgantown area.

Trophy Club, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Many thanks to the staff at Lakeview Resort in Morgantown WV. I was in a group of 16 and we played 5 days at this resort. The courses were a real treat with some tricky greens :). The resort itself is an "established" property with heritage/history. The rooms are nothing fancy but clean and comfortable! For a group golf outing with reasonable rates it certainly fits the bill. The dinning facility serves up some tasty dishes like prime rib on the weekends. Our package included breakfast and dinner which was an excellent value for the money. I can honestly say that I did not have a bad meal the entire stay.

The only drawback was there is no driving range on the resort property. To be fair there is one off property beteewn the Lake and Mountain courses. However, any shortcomings are nullified by the stafff from the front desk to the dinnining areas to the pro shop. These are genuin "let me do whatever I can to help you" folks!!! I highly recommend you look up Kay as she is one of the managers and and outstanding services orientated person. She is top notch.....

If your group is in the area I think you should give it a shot.......happy golfing!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to write about your golf trip. Lakeview is always happy to hear about our guests experiences I will be sure to tell Kay that she took great care of your group. We hope to see you next year, or if you just want to come for a quick weekend getaway this fall just give us a call!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Overall my experience was very nice! When I first arrived, I did not get the room I requested. I went back to the front desk and Justin was wonderful. Aside from the standard apology he went out of his way to find me a nice upgraded room and assured me the rest of my trip would be trouble free. The housekeepers kept my room clean everyday. The hotel was busy while I was there but all of the hotel employees always went out of their way to make me feel welcome. I am planning to be back in December and look forward to another wonderful visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Lakeview is glad to hear that your stay was pleasent while here at the resort. I will be sure to let Justin know you were happy with his efforts in fixing your room situation. Hopefully in Dec when you return the weather will be nice, or if you like snow activities we will be able to share some great place to visit.
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed in the condos, for a weekend get away. The condo was well equipped and very clean. The check-in process was great, Mercedes was very friendly and efficient .She gave us great info for places to check out while in this beautiful area. Jimmy at Legends is awesome fixed us we had a great evening. We really enjoyed our stay and the staff. Beautiful Resort!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakeview would like to thank you on taking the time to right about your experience, I will be sure to tell Jimmy and Mercedes that you mentioned them on their services. We hope to see you and your family back soon!

Been to Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!