I enjoyed the Lakeview Golf Resort with a group of ten last week - my second visit this year and I've traveled to Lakeview from PA for several years to stay and play on golf packages. The friends I introduce to Lakeview are consistently impressed by the value for their money. The challenging golf courses set in the Allegheny Mountains offer a great experience for golfers of all abilities and scenic views of the adjacent Cheat Lake and surrounding mountains. Both courses are in outstanding condition. The Lakeview Course has recovered well from a late August aerification. Mountainview has upgraded the cart fleet and the course was a nice as I have ever seen it with the lone exception of reseeding on the 12th fairway. I understand there is a plan for repaving the Lakeview cart paths next year. Tim, our golf sales representative, was attentive to details arranging our outing and he greeted us during our stay. The staff at the receptionist desk, in housekeeping, at the restaurants, in the fitness center, and on the golf courses are genuinely friendly, warm, and efficient. A major renovation has upgraded the guest rooms at the resort (many of the photos posted by other guests do not reflect our experience with the comfortable, well equipped accommodations). Our group appreciated the service and enjoyed the good and bountiful food at the Legends Restaurant for dinner and Fusion Buffet for breakfast. The only complaint from our group was the lukewarm temperature of the hot tub in the hotel where several of us planned to lounge after 36 holes of golf (the facilities in the fitness center were closed when we tried to use that one). Otherwise, it was a great experience. I am planning to accompany a double foursome that will return to Lakeview next May and coordinate another group that visits the resort each September. I highly recommend it for your outing or event. While a banquet, wedding, or other large group event was not our purpose, we have observed how the hotel staff also accommodates those at their facilities and beautiful properties too. I look forward to each visit to Lakeview!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Virginia’s Top Family Resort. Nestled in the rolling hills of West Virginia and only 10 miles south of the Pennsylvania border, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s premier golf resort destinations. On 500 pristine acres sits two championship West Virginia golf courses, great accommodations, unforgettable weddings, productive meetings and fun for the whole family. We offer a variety of West Virginia's best stay and play golf packages including golf, accommodations and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Scanticon Hotel Morgantown
- Lakeview Scanticon Resort