“Business Is Pleasure Here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Lakeview Drive, Morgantown, WV 26505-9282 (Formerly Lakeview Scanticon Resort and Conference Center)   |
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
“Business Is Pleasure Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Attended a conference there last week, and what a fabulous experience. It's not often that everything goes as smoothly as is did at this resort. The grounds are beautiful, the golf course stunning. The staff appears well trained because they are consistent among all the departments. Housekeepers are friendly, wait staff remembers your name, and the front desk is warm and efficient. Usually I have some minor things go wrong, and generally they're not enough to complain about. This place got everything right. I enjoyed the peaceful and natural setting, and walked around the golf course after our meeting. Dinner in the bar was delicious and the atmosphere was fun too. Traveling on business can be a chore at times, but this place erases all that. I will return with my family so they can enjoy it as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Stefanie A, Manager at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for the kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. We take pride in our ability to deliver a lasting positve experience. Each year we will continue to renovate our property and experience. We hope you come visit us again when you are in the Morgantown area.

Best Regards
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Trophy Club, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Many thanks to the staff at Lakeview Resort in Morgantown WV. I was in a group of 16 and we played 5 days at this resort. The courses were a real treat with some tricky greens :). The resort itself is an "established" property with heritage/history. The rooms are nothing fancy but clean and comfortable! For a group golf outing with reasonable rates it certainly fits the bill. The dinning facility serves up some tasty dishes like prime rib on the weekends. Our package included breakfast and dinner which was an excellent value for the money. I can honestly say that I did not have a bad meal the entire stay.

The only drawback was there is no driving range on the resort property. To be fair there is one off property beteewn the Lake and Mountain courses. However, any shortcomings are nullified by the stafff from the front desk to the dinnining areas to the pro shop. These are genuin "let me do whatever I can to help you" folks!!! I highly recommend you look up Kay as she is one of the managers and and outstanding services orientated person. She is top notch.....

If your group is in the area I think you should give it a shot.......happy golfing!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to write about your golf trip. Lakeview is always happy to hear about our guests experiences I will be sure to tell Kay that she took great care of your group. We hope to see you next year, or if you just want to come for a quick weekend getaway this fall just give us a call!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Overall my experience was very nice! When I first arrived, I did not get the room I requested. I went back to the front desk and Justin was wonderful. Aside from the standard apology he went out of his way to find me a nice upgraded room and assured me the rest of my trip would be trouble free. The housekeepers kept my room clean everyday. The hotel was busy while I was there but all of the hotel employees always went out of their way to make me feel welcome. I am planning to be back in December and look forward to another wonderful visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Lakeview is glad to hear that your stay was pleasent while here at the resort. I will be sure to let Justin know you were happy with his efforts in fixing your room situation. Hopefully in Dec when you return the weather will be nice, or if you like snow activities we will be able to share some great place to visit.
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed in the condos, for a weekend get away. The condo was well equipped and very clean. The check-in process was great, Mercedes was very friendly and efficient .She gave us great info for places to check out while in this beautiful area. Jimmy at Legends is awesome fixed us we had a great evening. We really enjoyed our stay and the staff. Beautiful Resort!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakeview would like to thank you on taking the time to right about your experience, I will be sure to tell Jimmy and Mercedes that you mentioned them on their services. We hope to see you and your family back soon!
Holtsville, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This resort was difficult to get to at night not knowing the area. The sign was really big but I still had to make several turn arounds to get to the right road. The lobby and hallways as well as elevators are in need of updating. The room was clean, the bathroom very dated.
I could not locate any walking paths to the lake so I'm not sure if the property has direct access to it or not. I might stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your recent stay, we are in the process of completing on renovation for the resort which will be addressing some of your concerns. We hope that in the future you will chose to stay with Lakeview and experience the great changes!
Elkins WV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here for a conference. The last time was just as bad. I thought I would give it a second try with the promised renovations and the fact that I would have to travel here anyway for sessions. Rooms have a bad odor, beds are uncomfortable, bathrooms lack a fan as well as being small. My toilet leaked and upon inspection of the tank, I could see it needed to have the guts replaced a long time ago. More than 20 people had made reservations for this conference and were sent to another motel. People waited for hours before getting room assignments. The decor is not only outdated, but tacky. There is not even an elevator for a 3 story section. The view from the Reflections room is fantastic. Food selections for the conference did not allow for any variety.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Lakeview would like to apologize if you feel that your experience was not up to your standards during your recient conference. The resort is currently completing our room renovation, and hope that you keep Lakeview in mind the next time you are traveling to Morgantown, so that you can experience the additional changes that have happened throughout the resort!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I thought this place was updated. I asked upon reserving the room if all rooms were updated. I was told yes and if this is updated I will never be back. Very bad smell. No outlets. Spider webs. Just feels disgusting. Leaving tomorrow for another hotel. Smells like smoker have lived here for 10 years. Awful awful smell. Can't wait to get out of here.

• Stayed September 2013
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Lakeview would like to apologize for your current stay at the resort and given the wrong information upon making your reservation. The resort is currently going through our room renovation, and it will be completed by the end of the year. Next time you are in Morgantown we hope that you chose to stay at Lakeview and experience the changes that have happened.

Been to Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!