“Very Nice Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Lakeview Drive, Morgantown, WV 26505-9282 (Formerly Lakeview Scanticon Resort and Conference Center)   |
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very Nice Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Overall my experience was very nice! When I first arrived, I did not get the room I requested. I went back to the front desk and Justin was wonderful. Aside from the standard apology he went out of his way to find me a nice upgraded room and assured me the rest of my trip would be trouble free. The housekeepers kept my room clean everyday. The hotel was busy while I was there but all of the hotel employees always went out of their way to make me feel welcome. I am planning to be back in December and look forward to another wonderful visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Lakeview is glad to hear that your stay was pleasent while here at the resort. I will be sure to let Justin know you were happy with his efforts in fixing your room situation. Hopefully in Dec when you return the weather will be nice, or if you like snow activities we will be able to share some great place to visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed in the condos, for a weekend get away. The condo was well equipped and very clean. The check-in process was great, Mercedes was very friendly and efficient .She gave us great info for places to check out while in this beautiful area. Jimmy at Legends is awesome fixed us we had a great evening. We really enjoyed our stay and the staff. Beautiful Resort!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Lakeview would like to thank you on taking the time to right about your experience, I will be sure to tell Jimmy and Mercedes that you mentioned them on their services. We hope to see you and your family back soon!
Holtsville, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This resort was difficult to get to at night not knowing the area. The sign was really big but I still had to make several turn arounds to get to the right road. The lobby and hallways as well as elevators are in need of updating. The room was clean, the bathroom very dated.
I could not locate any walking paths to the lake so I'm not sure if the property has direct access to it or not. I might stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your recent stay, we are in the process of completing on renovation for the resort which will be addressing some of your concerns. We hope that in the future you will chose to stay with Lakeview and experience the great changes!
Elkins WV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here for a conference. The last time was just as bad. I thought I would give it a second try with the promised renovations and the fact that I would have to travel here anyway for sessions. Rooms have a bad odor, beds are uncomfortable, bathrooms lack a fan as well as being small. My toilet leaked and upon inspection of the tank, I could see it needed to have the guts replaced a long time ago. More than 20 people had made reservations for this conference and were sent to another motel. People waited for hours before getting room assignments. The decor is not only outdated, but tacky. There is not even an elevator for a 3 story section. The view from the Reflections room is fantastic. Food selections for the conference did not allow for any variety.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Lakeview would like to apologize if you feel that your experience was not up to your standards during your recient conference. The resort is currently completing our room renovation, and hope that you keep Lakeview in mind the next time you are traveling to Morgantown, so that you can experience the additional changes that have happened throughout the resort!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I thought this place was updated. I asked upon reserving the room if all rooms were updated. I was told yes and if this is updated I will never be back. Very bad smell. No outlets. Spider webs. Just feels disgusting. Leaving tomorrow for another hotel. Smells like smoker have lived here for 10 years. Awful awful smell. Can't wait to get out of here.

• Stayed September 2013
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Lakeview would like to apologize for your current stay at the resort and given the wrong information upon making your reservation. The resort is currently going through our room renovation, and it will be completed by the end of the year. Next time you are in Morgantown we hope that you chose to stay at Lakeview and experience the changes that have happened.
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I attended a wedding recently at the Lakeview Resort and were blown away by the staff and the resort itself. So much so that I have booked another weekend in October to take advantage of the golf. Thanks the to team at Lakeview for seemingly anticipating all of our needs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Lakeview is happy to hear that you had a great experience with your stay and wedding attendance, we pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and lasting impressions. We look forward to seeing you in October!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I recently took my wife and family to a UVA football game and stayed at Lakeview Resort. Could not have asked for a better time! The Kids loved the food, my wife loved the bar and spa and I got to see my favorite team and play some golf with some old alumni buddies! This property has recently gone thru a nice renovation and I loved the improvements they made; the rooms were nicely decorated, comfortable, very quiet and extremely clean!! The staff was the best and provided not only quick and friendly service but offered great recommendations on the sites and places to see outside the resort!

Will be back soon for sure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Lakeview is happy to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay while here at the resort, as well as enjoying our activities. We look forward to your return in the future and hopefully you will have a chance to play both of our courses.

Been to Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!