“Exceptional Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa

You added Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Lakeview Drive, Morgantown, WV 26505-9282 (Formerly Lakeview Scanticon Resort and Conference Center)   |
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Morgantown
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Exceptional Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at Lakeview earlier this year during a trip to Morgantown. The resort is nestled quietly on Morgantown's Cheat Lake and about 10-15 minutes away from WVU's main campus. Upon check-in, I was informed that I was going to be upgraded free of charge to the Governor's Suite, which, as you can imagine, was a pleasant surprise. I immediately took notice of the pleasantry of the entire staff. They all went out of their way to make sure my stay was a pleasant experience, and they were more than helpful with anything I needed. The golf course is pretty nice and the sports bar and deck had a good atmosphere the weekend I stayed. It is true that some of the amenities are in need of updating, but I understood that is in the works. If you are interested in a nice, scenic, quiet getaway, perhaps visiting WVU, and enjoy a nice round of golf, there's no better place around Morgantown.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Stefanie A, Director of Sales at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your kind words, Lakeview staff and management take pride in our guests experiences and make it our quailty of service to go above and beyond. We look forward to hosting your needs in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Severna Park, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Like another reviewer, stayed here (one night) to get my son checked into WVU. Yikes. Felt like I was in an 80's time-warp...seems the focus here is on weddings and golf. They could focus a bit more on updating the hotel part -- paint the buildings, update the furniture, run a de-humidifier. Claustrophobic low ceiling in my room. If I had been over 6 foot tall, I would not have fit in the shower.... Paid ahead for a breakfast buffet package and was underwhelmed (I should have known better). Bed comfy and I slept well (super quiet but I think that's because nobody else was staying there -- apparently they got the memo!!!). I really wanted to like it but thankfully the Marriott had a room for my second night, closer to town and a "free" breakfast. Lesson learned (to the tune of $190+).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of Lakeview management we would like to apologize for your experience, the resort is currently under renovation and would love in the future to host you and your family while visiting Morgantown.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights last week as our daughter entered her freshman year at WVU. Our first hotel turned out to be a half built building site! Everywhere was booked up and one receptionist recommend this place. We needed to be there ASAP and they were very helpful. It's a golf course on the river so a very pretty spot. Rooms a good size but decor so old fashioned - not heritage - just dated! I have never stayed anywhere with no cover on the white quilt - who does that?? It's pretty disgusting really and shouldnt be allowed. No bar fridge which I always find annoying. Small basic bathroom. Cleanliness just average - my phone was filthy! Girls very nice in sports bar with better than OK food/ drinks. Breakfast was very ordinary - don't bother. Despite the above we would stay again as it had a nice feeling and Morgantown isn't New York!

Room Tip: All are ok but always prefer upper flora myself
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Lakeview is currently under renovation with rooms, public space, meeting space and upgrades to the golf. We understand that the freshmen year of college can be both stressful to the parents as well as your daughter and hope that in the future when you are traveling to Morgantown for a visit you will consider Lakeview for your overnight needs and have a great experience in our renovated rooms
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

After spending a long July weekend at Lakeview I didn't want to go home. I have stayed there multiple times in the past for my job and enjoyed my stays however this time exceeded all others. I was very surprised to walk in and find a newly renovated lobby but even more excited when I got to the room. COMPLETELY RENOVATED! I hadn't had any major complaints in the past but I will admit the rooms were a little outdated. It was the best night of sleep I have experienced in a long time. On my way down to the bar that evening I was confronted by a man in a suit who I assumed worked at the hotel. He went on to ask me how my stay was going and was very attentive to all of my needs when I explained I had mistakenly forgot my toothbrush at the last hotel. He rushed into the back office and came out with all of the necessities (even mouthwash which I didn't ask for!). It wasn't until after dinner that I realized he was the General Manager of the hotel. It was so nice to realize that he cared so much about his guests. He went above and beyond to fulfill my needs and make sure I had a wonderful experience while staying at Lakeview. I wish other hotels had the cordial staff that Lakeview does. I travel 5 times a month and have never been treated so kindly. The service was simply amazing. I can't wait to bring my family back in the fall! Thank you Lakeview!!

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor give you an amazing view of the golf course! I highly recommend them :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lakeview would like to Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are hapy to hear that you had a very relaxing stay and got to enjoy one of our renovated rooms. We look forward to seeing you in the future and experience the great changes the resort is still undergoing.
Morgantown, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Me and my fiance attended the 1998 north marion class reunion at lakeview resort. to be honest, it was completely wonderful. the service was wonderful the food was outstanding. we stayed in the resort and it was very clean and neat. from my understanding they just renovated the rooms and it was very pleasant. we had lunch at legends the next afternoon and the specials were excellent and service was top notch. i highly recommend this establishment for any occasion.

Room Tip: the rooms with the king beds are wonderful
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Lakeview is glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and event while visiting old friends, we had a wonderful time hosting North Marion and all their guests and look forward to doing future events.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Hit the facility for two nights recently in the middle of a long road trip. The staff took care of me like I was a long lost family member and went out of their way to assure that I was comfortable. It started the moment I stepped up to the front desk and mentioned I hoped to be in a quiet area. No issue there since and they made it happen. Loved the laid back feel of the place and the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms. A big plus for me was that a top notch fitness center is on-site and running on the golf course is fine if it's done at a reasonable time of day. The out back view of Cheat Lake is absolutely Awesome and the food is great!

Room Tip: A large parking area fronts the buildings so if you want a great view and super quiet ask for the la...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about your stay, Lakeview is happy to hear that your experience was rememberable and you got a chance to relax and enjoy our fitness center. We look forward to hosting your traveling needs in the future.
deltaraider21
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Attended a golf outing there with several friends. The rooms were just your standard motel room, nothing special. No refrigerator was a minus in my eyes. The light behind the easy chair wasn't plugged in, and there was no where to plug it in. Also behind the chair was a pile of unidentified white shavings. The housekeeping left a lot to be desired, we were there several days. The housekeeping personnel would ask you if you wanted anything, and seemed put out if you wanted your bed made, if you didn't ask it wasn't made.. Getting fresh towels was also a chore. We had to get our room key reactivated four times.

The food left a lot to be desired, our group had a total of five buffets, two breakfast, two dinner, and a luncheon buffet. Cold French Toast, the prime rib was so tough that most people didn't eat it.

The bar was expensive, $7.50 for a mixed drink, but the bar staff was friendly.

The golf course was challenging, the cart paths need a lot of work. All and all the course was very nice.

Our group will be returning there next year, so I'll just have to tough it out again next year.

Room Tip: Try staying in the low 200's, we stayed in the 220 wing, it was a long walk, and we were much cl...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Lakeview would like to apologize for your unsatisfactory stay during your golf outing. The resort is currently going through renovation changes in order to improve our guests needs. Our standards are not at all excepted to the level of your experience and we thank you for your review so we are able to take the proper measures.

Been to Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!