I stayed at Lakeview earlier this year during a trip to Morgantown. The resort is nestled quietly on Morgantown's Cheat Lake and about 10-15 minutes away from WVU's main campus. Upon check-in, I was informed that I was going to be upgraded free of charge to the Governor's Suite, which, as you can imagine, was a pleasant surprise. I immediately took notice of the pleasantry of the entire staff. They all went out of their way to make sure my stay was a pleasant experience, and they were more than helpful with anything I needed. The golf course is pretty nice and the sports bar and deck had a good atmosphere the weekend I stayed. It is true that some of the amenities are in need of updating, but I understood that is in the works. If you are interested in a nice, scenic, quiet getaway, perhaps visiting WVU, and enjoy a nice round of golf, there's no better place around Morgantown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Virginia’s Top Family Resort. Nestled in the rolling hills of West Virginia and only 10 miles south of the Pennsylvania border, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s premier golf resort destinations. On 500 pristine acres sits two championship West Virginia golf courses, great accommodations, unforgettable weddings, productive meetings and fun for the whole family. We offer a variety of West Virginia's best stay and play golf packages including golf, accommodations and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Scanticon Hotel Morgantown
- Lakeview Scanticon Resort