We were in town for a wedding and stayed at the Lakeview especially because of it's convenient location. Because of that convenience and the fact that we had a bed to sleep in and a place to use as our home base for the weekend...it simply served it's purpose, otherwise...it was not up to our standards of quality that we look for in a hotel. In a couple words, I would describe it as outdated and dirty. First of all we had been talking with the hotel daily for the week prior to verify our reservations and the fact that we would be checking in late, so they only had "one room left" ehrn we finally checked in and the roll away bed hadn't even been delivered yet. Upon entering the room, there was an empty yoplait yoghurt container on the desk. The tv's were small and the old boxy style, not flat cressn and the channels were very limited. We were looking for the remote and when checking under the beds, you could clearly see that the vacuum stopped at the edge of the bedcovers...there was food and wrappers...ughhh..the lights over the bed did not work in our room...there was a ledge up into the bathroom and we all kept tripping over it and finally a parent's worst nightmare, our 6 year old tripped and almost went head first into the toilet porcelain..thankfully he missed it by a hair...on that note..there were hairs all over the bathroom...our toilet kept running at night so we had to keep taking the back off to jiggle the toilet guts and outside of our room at the ned of the hallway was a very loud air conditioner...with a high pitched rattling sound all of the time..thankfully we didn't spend much time here...just ti sleep at night. I will say that when we got to the room and there was no roll away bed, we called and it was delivered within 10 minutes..and we were given extra towels...and then on our last day there we called and they were kind enough to give us an extra hour to check out. Also, Spa Roma associated with the Resort was amazing and so therapeutic and professional...worth checking out...So, service was good, cleanliness and quality could definitely improve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Virginia’s Top Family Resort. Nestled in the rolling hills of West Virginia and only 10 miles south of the Pennsylvania border, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s premier golf resort destinations. On 500 pristine acres sits two championship West Virginia golf courses, great accommodations, unforgettable weddings, productive meetings and fun for the whole family. We offer a variety of West Virginia's best stay and play golf packages including golf, accommodations and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Scanticon Hotel Morgantown
- Lakeview Scanticon Resort