“wild weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Lakeview Drive, Morgantown, WV 26505-9282 (Formerly Lakeview Scanticon Resort and Conference Center)   |
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Clarksburg, West Virginia
“wild weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed at Lakeview this past weekend for a wedding. Had a great time. I dont usually write reviews and dont believe in them either way but had to thank them for a great weekend. the wedding was alot of fun and the food was great for a hotel. we went to the bar afterwards andthe deck bartender was a hoot, she made sure we all had fun. I understand that the hotel is going to be rennovated after overhearing a clerk at the front desk tell an upset guest because the size of his TV was too small. honestly, my room seemed clean to me. Overall we all hareat time. we will be back, actually made a reservation in October to play golf.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Keyser, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

On a one night trip to Morgantown we pricelined a 3-star room for a decent price and got Lakeview. What a mistake! The hotel rooms are very worn, very dirty, the TV was a 12" size with very few channels. There was hardly any water pressure in the shower and there was visible dust on the carpet in spots that signified that those spots hadn't seen a vacuum in a long time. Very disappointing and not at all a 3 star place! Avoid this place if you can!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Parkersburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I would have to agree with some of the other posts regarding the resort being a little bit outdated. With that being said, it is to my understanding that the entire place will be remolded by next year. However, when I go to a resort the most important thing is not how BEAUTIFUL the rooms are, but how the establishment is all around. The staff, including management, went above and beyond. They over delivered, not over promised. The food was tely amazing. The porions were genuorous, yet not overpriced for the quailty of food. This is really hard to find no days. I am giving then an excellent grading simply because of how wonderful the staff was with our family. I have been to several other resorts where the rooms were fabuous, but the service was horrible. Thanks to the Lakeview staff for making our stay so enjoyable!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here as part of an annual golf weekend getaway with a bunch of friends within driving distance of Pittsburgh. Needed somewhere with two courses. This place is like a step back in time - dated rooms and overall ambiance. Service is generally non-existent b/c it's either college students or 70 year old women. The golf course at Lakeview is just awful - we played there and Mountainview, and let me just say that Mountainview was a pleasant surpise, why it's materially cheaper than Lakeview is beyond me. MOuntainview is in better shape, is a better layout, is more challenging, and is more aethetically pleasing. Mountainview is just an all-around better course. In addition, at Lakeview there always seemed to be random people walking around all over the course. Just strange.

In addition, the golf starters and clubhouse people at Lakeview were generally aloof and didn't care about anything. Sure they're college kids, but at least act like you care about your job - that's what the real world is like. I played twice on Saturday as part of a golf and stay package, and i found out at 8pm after my round i was supposed to pay $24 for a cart fee separately for my second round. Oops. I shouldn't have been able to get on that course without some sort of slip if anyone cared. So i find myself $24 richer today.

Food was actually pretty good in the main dining area, so that was a plus. The outdoor bar overlooking the 18th hole was also awesome. The Food and Drink keeps this place at a 3 out of 5. If you're a serious golfer, look elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sports33, General Manager at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I do apologize for your golf experience. Golf is one of our greatest features at the resort and has always yielded a positive experience for our guests. I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide the true Lakeview experience.

Best Regards,

Management
indy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here because we were playing golf at resort. Rooms were extremely dated. Hotel and room was clean but furniture and bedding looked like it was from the 80's. Ice machine didn't work. Golf course nice but not worth the money

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for your negative guest room experience. We are about to embark on a major rennovation that will restore Lakeview to its original charm. We are very excited about this hope you will give us another opportunity with our rennovated product. This will be finished in early Spring of 2013.
Romeo, mi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The poor quality of this hotel motivated me to write my first review. The rooms (3), were run down, dirty, and my rooms ceiling had water damage and the paint was falling off. The grounds are very spread out and not easy to get to lobby/eating area. The 19" tv needs to be upgraded. For the price, $200 per night, this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I also assumed that breakfast would have been included in the price...never assume.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the constructive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. The guest experience has always been our number one goal. I do apologize that we fell short in providing a lasting memory. We are about to begin a major rennovation (October), that will restore Lakeview to its original splender. This will be completed in early Spring of 2013. I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide the true Lakeview experience.

Best Regards,

Management
Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Let me preface my review with this: we paid $79.00 a night on a weekend. That said, this hotel is a wonderful value. The property has a certain 1970's charm. But for the money what do you expect. The rooms were clean, and the beds comfortable. We didn't have internet, not sure if this was because it wasn't available since we never asked, just did without. The TV is at best maybe 19 inches and not visible from the second bed. The bathroom is very small. Very small. The door needs to be closed completely to use the toilet. There's also a weird step up into the bathroom that i stubbed my toe on several times during the night.
I personally didn't enjoy the bar/restaurant area, although my parents said that the Tiki Bar was a good time and drinks were a reasonable price. The pool/hot tub area are nice but also outdated. The resort is nothing fancy but if you need a cheap place to stay in Morgantown (we were actually headed to McHenry, MD) this is your best bet. According to property brochures they are undergoing massive renovations in 2012/13, so perhaps we will visit again then.

Room Tip: Beware GPS users. Your GPS will have you exit 79 south at exit 7, however, the bridge is out so take...