“The Facts” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa

You added Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Lakeview Drive, Morgantown, WV 26505-9282 (Formerly Lakeview Scanticon Resort and Conference Center)   |
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Amity, Pennsylvania
“The Facts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

My husband and I went to Lakeview Resort and Spa for the New Years Eve Package. We booked just for the one night. The front desk staff were all very nice. Our room, being that we booked late, we got 2 dbl beds. They were comfy. Also, got a refrig. for $10 and the delivered it immediatley. Room was very typical. It was clean and had a great shower! We also had an in room safe, full iron and ironing board, alarm clock, soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion full size hair dryer and make up remover wipes. They had a large, clean and warm indoor pool that went to 8 or 9 Ft and an older model hot tub that could accodimate prob 4-5 ppl. also indoor. They also have towels in the pool area so you don't have to bring towels from your room.
We had dinner (buffet) and breakfast (buffet) in their resturant (Fusion) both meals were excellent with a large variety of foods to choose from. Wait staff in the resturant were very nice too!
This resort wasn't 5 star. It's a very average hotel. More-so a hotel than I'd say a resort. It's a older property and is a bit worn and tired.
However, it was a nice time.

Room Tip: Request a lakeview room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
ronald c, General Manager at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit to Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa
during our New Year's Eve Event. Our team takes great pride in this event each
year. I regret you didn't have the opportunity to enjoy all of our wonderful amenities including Golf courses, indoor tennis courts, pools, hot tubs, rock climbing wall, Spa, steam room, fitness center, and saunas, Maybe next time!I also would like to share with you that we are embarking on a renovation program this
spring and fall. We look forward to seeing at next years event, or sooner.
Ron Cadrette, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Buffalo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

paid $60 on priceline for 3.5 stars,it's no better than any aging best western.located in a remote area,it's deceiving to call it a morgantown hotel.probably much lilier in the summer during golf season,not much doing in dec.

Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
in December. I agree that we are more of a resort than a typical hotel.
We offer many wonderful amenities including Golf courses, indoor tennis courts, pools, hot tubs, rock climbing wall, Spa, steam room, fitness center, and saunas. There were days even in December this year when we played Golf!
spring and fall. I hope you will consider visiting again in the future.

Frostburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

We have beent to Lakeview several times. The location is great and the surroundings are beautiful. Very close to WVU and the center of town but still feels like you are secluded. Golf course is beautiful. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is dated but clean.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your thoughtful review. Our team takes great pride in providing excellent
service and our location off exit 10 on US RT 68 is very convenient. I also would like to share with you that we are embarking on a renovation program this
spring and fall.

Morgantown, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

company christmas dinner was held here and rooms were blocked off at a discount price for anyone wanting to stay the night. my wife and i booked one of the rooms for $69.00. what i thought was going to be a great room at a resort for a price like this turned out to be only average room that was outdated. rooms need painted and new carpets installed. heater was loud and didnt regulate temp very well. this should be their regular price all the time for a room of this caliber. the dinner/dance was nice. food was good, but we could have used more room for a party as large as ours. would probably only stay again, if our party is scheduled there again next year, dont think i would just book a room to stay there for relaxation. definitely would not pay high price.

Room Tip: dont know about choosing a better room, but i will tell you that it is hard to find this hotel when...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
in December.
Our location off exit 10 on US RT 68 is very convenient and then follow the signs for Cheat Lake
and Lakeview Resort. I apologize if this was confusing.
I also would like to share with you that we are embarking on a rooms and public space renovation program this spring and fall.
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

My husband and I got a room here off of Priceline for $150 a night. What a dump! We were so angry. It was listed as Morgantown and was actually in another county and took him a half hour to get to the stadium to watch the game. It was cold, so I stayed to watch it in the room, and it wasn't on. Instead I took a nap and got ate up by bedbugs! There was a dirty wash cloth from the prior guest still hanging on the shower rod that fell into the tub when I opened the curtain. There was a sock from another guest on the floor near the bed. Carpet was torn, elevators were nasty dirty, the place stunk like dirty socks. It was filthy. Hair in the sink and tub. We had already wasted our money and had to fly out the next morning, so we stayed. If I'd known about the bedbugs, I'd have slept in the car. The food in the bar was trash. They burnt my sandwich and served it to me anyway. Expensive and not edible. This low class dump should go for $39 a night at most. We will never use Priceline again over this fiasco. Run fast in any direction away from this rat hole.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
in October.
Lakeview Resort & Spa is located on Cheat Lake in Morgantown which is in the county
of Monongahela.
I apologize our accomodations didn't meet your expectations or our standards.
Our rooms are inspected for cleanliness and sanitation and I can assure you we do not
have bed bugs.
Travel to the foot ball stadium can take up to 30 minutes for most locations and at certain times during WVU football games. Again please accept my apologies.
We are embarking on a rooms and public space renovation program this spring and fall.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I had my wedding at Lakeview and can say overall I was pleased with how organized and helpful the event staff was. The rest of the facility could use some help. The rooms were a little outdated for the price we paid- and we even stayed in a luxury suite. Complimentary breakfast was in no way spectacular, just the normal bread and cold cerial. The biggest complaint I have is upon loading our car the following day, we discovered our room key was no longer working. When I went back to the front desk, the entire 2nd floor was there complaining about the same thing. At that point, one would think to maybe call for some technical advice, but instead they kept handing us new keys every time we went back down. Eventually a maid let us back in our room. Not sure how the other guests on the floor were able to enter their rooms.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
service, especially for special occasions like your wedding.
I apologize you experienced problems on check out day with the electronic keys. They are program to expire 2 hours after check out time and perhaps this explains the challenges. In any case we invite you back to celebrate your anniversary compliments of the resort.
Please contact me personally so I may assist in this important occasion.

spring and fall.

Morgantown, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

The place is not as nice as pictures show. the staff is clueless about what it means costumer services.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
I apologize you did not experience the high level of service enjoyed by so many of our other guests. We high standards of service for our resort and I regret this was not what you encountered.
Please contact me directly and I would be happy to discuss with you in greater detail.
Ron Cadrette, General Manager 304-594-1000

Been to Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!