“Great Weekend at Lakeview!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Lakeview Drive, Morgantown, WV 26505-9282 (Formerly Lakeview Scanticon Resort and Conference Center)   |
Ranked #11 of 22 hotels in Morgantown
Phoenixville
“Great Weekend at Lakeview!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

A couple of weekends ago my husband and I stayed at Lakeview golf resort. We had a great time. From the time we walked through the front door the service was top notch. The staff was friendly, welcoming and very professional. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. We had a great time golfing and the food was excellent. I would highly recommend Lakeview Golf Resort!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

337 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

We will agree that the rooms need an update, but my boyfriend and I had a great time. We traveled down from Ohio to attend my cousins wedding last weekend and it was beautiful. The staff and the service was great. The front desk staff was helpful and the hotel is a little dated but over all very beautiful place, and Legends staff was great!! We will be back

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
St Louis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

The room was very dirty and the furniture was old (looked to be dated from the 1970’s) and in poor condition. As an example, the shelf in the cabinet for the TV was made from an unfinished, jagged cut piece of old dirty plywood. A portion of the ceiling had recently fallen in and parts of it were still sitting on top of the very old and noisy (made by Singer?) heat and a/c wall unit. The next morning I discovered a large population of some sort of biting gnat like bug in the bathroom. Luckily I had the bathroom door shut as I slept so I wasn’t bothered by them until the morning when I quickly showered and left. I came in late, about 2:00am, and I was extremely tired from a long drive, otherwise I would have complained and insisted on a different room though from what I could see as I left, other rooms would have most likely been in similar condition.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

In mid April, I flew into Pittsburgh and made the short drive to Morgantown for business and then on Friday a couple friends came in to town for golf. A bad storm and power outage on Saturday morning closed the course. I was extremely impressed with how the resort and staff handled this property wide power outage! Everyone remained calm, they set up temporary lighting and candles and made special arrangements to continue business as usual and provide all the food and beverage services to a full house of guests and golfers waiting out the storm. A beautiful dinner buffet was served and even a couple large group functions were able to continue as scheduled. The most impressive thing was that the staff and mgmt did not get flustered and were as friendly as ever; amazing considering many had come to golf and not to wait it out the rain all day!

The sales team and golf staff took extra steps to ensure that everyone was able to get out on the course at their desired time on Sunday morning. By that time, you could see the damage on the course with numerous large trees down and debris blown all over the course. The staff was busy removing the trees and everything else so that the golfers could enjoy their round.

In short, the food offerings were awesome, the staff extremely friendly, the rooms neat and clean and the grounds and golf course in awesome condition!! Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I concur with most of the reviews on here. The only nice thing about the place was the location. It was a beautiful setting and the golf course looked in great condition considering the heat wave that we were experiencing. Speaking of the heat wave, the main issue was that the A/C in some rooms were incredible and, unfortunately, in ours it was not so great. We got change to a junior suite to help us out, but it wasn't any better. At the end of the day I wouldn't spend $150/night for a room there when you get a better quality room at the Holiday Inn Express across the highway for $100 and you can guarantee it has been updated after Carter was elected.

The food at the wedding we went to was sub-par at best. The sports bar off the pro-shop was kind of fun pre and post wedding, but nothing exciting to speak of.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn Express
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Hillsboro, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

My co-workers and I stayed her for a Company conference. The first thing you notice is a musty smell when you entered the doors. We found the front desk staff to be nice but the rest of the employees seemed to be avoiding guests. The decor of the resort is outdated and a bit grungy. Our room was a bit difficult to find and the elevator made a very scary noisy during movement (I took the stairs after the first ride.) We did not partake in any of the resort activities but there seemed to be quite a few golfers around. This place is in really bad need of a renovation- I would definitely not return there for a leisure stay.

• Stayed October 2010
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Lakeview for three days while attending a friends wedding. The wedding was nice, but the hotel leaves a lot to be desired. Other reviews have pointed out the general condition of the facility. I can only concur, our room was serviceable but long past due for renovation. The ceiling was dirty over the bed and showed signs of past water leaks. In the hallways, I noticed ground in dirt on the carpets that could have been cleaned better. Guest service was non-existent. Several calls to the front desk failed to get us service when the toilet paper and towels were missing from the room. Finally we had to find a maid in the hallway to get the towels and paper replaced. Room service plates and utensils left in the hallways stayed for days before being removed and one day we even noticed a maid vacuuming around the plates without removing them. I guess if you Golf, you might be willing to overlook the short comings.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!