“Great Family get away!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa

You added Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Lakeview Drive, Morgantown, WV 26505-9282 (Formerly Lakeview Scanticon Resort and Conference Center)   |
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
rosela1088
“Great Family get away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

We traveled to Morgantown over the Memorial Day Weekend. We were amazed by the quality of service and food. There were also loads of activities for all memebers of the family. My husband loved both golf courses, I had a great time at the fitness center and at Spa Roma down the road and the kids loved the pools and climbing wall. I would highly recomend for a family get away, couples weekend, or business trip. Thanks Lakeview!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Went with a golf group and had a great time. Service and people were very friendly and welcoming, the food was great, the view was perfect and there was much to do outside of golfing. I would go back anyday and would recommend this for everyone looking to have a great time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Medford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

We had the best time here. In for wedding and it was breathtaking.....The holel had everything you could possibly want. Golf for my husband, spa for me and the pool for the kids. The rooms we clean and the staff were there for anything we needed. The wedding was beautiful and most of all the food was awesome. i would recommend this place in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: there is none...they are all good
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Stayed one week. This complex is poorly sanitized & maintained. Rooms dirty. Bathrooms smell of pee. Tubs have grime around stationary mat. Housekeeping poor. Didn't change sheets for full week stay and maybe before, found sock in one bed that didn't belong to any member of family. Carpet not vacuumed. Toilets sing after they are flushed & tub has no workable stopper, must shower. Stayed there 3 yrs prior and excuse for poor maintenance was that they were remodeling. Apparently, it didn't work.

Room Tip: Only one elevator near lobby for large complex
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Sports33, General Manager at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thank you for the feedback during your recent stay with us at The Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa. I would like to apologize for any negative experience you might have incurred during your stay. Our main goal in to ensure all of our guests leave with a positive memory. We will use your feedback to ensure this does not occur in the future. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide the true Lakeview experience.

Best Regards,
Management
Pittsburgh, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

This place is a dump!!! If you are use to staying at actual "resorts" then look out! First off the entire building is setup to confuse you.
-GPS Will MISLEAD YOU TO THIS PLACE!!! There is construction nearby and you will end up in CUMBERLAND MD!!! When you find the place the road is a messy maze through a what appears to be either condos or a project housing area. Then you come upon the old golf course and hotel
-You have to park (no valet) and go check in so you can determine where you room is so that you can go move your car to park where the hotel is accessable to enter with someone in a wheel chair or even a walker for that matter given there is a maze of steps that take you up and down around what appears/smells to be the cigar smoking area of the building near the pool. We had to back track 25 minutes with my mother-in-law and bring the car around for her when we found out!
-The rooms are tiny with low ceilings. They didnt seem too wheel chair accessable for my mother either. Beds were OLD and STAINED. The sheets were too small for the bed and were ripped to fit thats how we noticed the stains on the bed!!! The ceiling was cracked, stained, and poorly repatched all over. The TV was a small TUBE tv with very limited/confusing channel line up/availability. Must not be digital! My daughter's laptop couldnt get signal so they were not able to watch netflix and became a hassel when we realized there was ABSOULTELY NO ENTERTAINMENT AREAS FOR KIDS AROUND THE "RESORT" or the area for that fact.
-The resturant had potential but was very small and had a limited menu and only offered a very small varity on the buffet. They didnt have a Option for my Diabetic wife. We couldnt get my mothers wheel chair up to the RAISED SEATING AREA because of her chair so we went over to eat at the sports bar. Again, it had potential but was very small and the majority of the seating appeared to be on the uncovered deck outside and it was raining so we ate inside at a raised table and my mother ate on her lap. Food was normal fried sports bar food but was way overpriced for the service and setting!!!
-Overall the place had potential but is in dire need of renovation!!!
-Staff seem undertrained and the place seems under staffed!!!
-Nice location but it is apparent that the management is squeezing every penny out of the resort and it is at the customers cost!!!
-WILL STAY CLOSER TO TOWN NEXT TIME!!!

Room Tip: Pick One Star Higher & You Wont Regret IT!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Ingersoll, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

This was my first stay at this resort and I was impressed with the overall experience. The customer service booking the custom stay and play package was excellent as I was able to do 95% through email. The food was great at both the breakfast buffet and Legends sports bar. Having to pay the $2 bucks for coffee was kind of annoying and is what you leave thinking about... not how good the food was. The room itself was a little dated, but served it's purpose. It was smoke free but you can tell it wasn't always that way. I would recommend this resort if you are looking for a great golf course and don't care too much about the room decor.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Morgantown, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

Overall I enjoyed my stay here, however it wasn't anything spectacular. The room itself was clean, however the hotel itself was showing some wear and tear. Probably most off-putting was on our way out of the hotel to check out, the ground floor was wet. It was not just wet near the doors, but well into the corridors. The staff here were very pleasant when we interacted with them, but not being golfers our interactions were limited primarily to checking in and out. Though I've never seen so many housekeeping and maintenance people on the move in a hotel in the evenings as I saw here. I'm not sure if they's a good or bad thing.

The location wasn't great if you're in Morgantown to enjoy Morgantown, but it is excellent if your trip is oriented around golf, water activities on Cheat Lake, or Coopers Rock State Forest. So I would say this comes down to context, we were all over the place and wanted to spend time in Morgantown so the location wasn't ideal for us.

The room was good overall. The bed was very comfortable, however they have a $10 surcharge if you'd like to upgrade to one king bed from two full-sized beds. I've never run into this type of fee before so it was a bit of a surprise. The high speed internet worked wonderfully and I noticed they had a few extra TV channels than several other hotels in Morgantown.

Overall, the place was okay. It didn't suit our needs perfectly, but for another traveler with a different agenda in mind this place could be the perfect gem. And I think we'd still consider staying here again.

It's also worth noting that their pool is so much better than you see at so many other hotels in this price range. If you've got kids who love to swim, I would strongly suggest you look into this place!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!