“Nice Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Morgantown
Princeton, WV
“Nice Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This was a nice hotel, at a reasonable price. Only stayed one night, for an early check-in at the WVU Ruby Memorial Hospital the next morning. Being very close to Ruby, this was a great choice. The room was nice, but not "fantastic". Clean, quiet...just what we were looking for. We didn't have the chance to take advantage of the breakfast. Maybe another time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Menominee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Reception, bar, very comfortable, almost like walking into something very high end. Staff is friendly, helpful and informative. We stayed overnight on our way further East. I would recommend as the price was very reasonable, easy on and off the highway. We had a suite with living room/pullout couch for our son and separate sleeping quarters for my husband and I, but with 2 queen beds so our son if he chose could have stayed in the bedroom area. Free wifi, worked great, nice little kitchenette area, micro,fridge, sink. They also had a free breakfast, I liked it. Coffee, juice, milk, cereal, make your own waffles, hard boiled eggs, bagels. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Seymour
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This place is pretty good overall. A person might be able to do better in Morgantown, but they could definitely do worse. The suites are awesome size wise, I definitely enjoyed my room. The elevator is pretty slow, and the room key locks are a little tricky to get the key to get the door unlocked. I often have to try about three times with my key, but a colleague of mine stayed here and he has to do a totally different trick with his key to get it to work.

Room Tip: The 4th ad 5th floors have the best rooms from what I can tell. I had room 504, which faces the wes...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
King George, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The rooms are not what I would ever consider "Suites", if you get "offered" a room on the Mezzanine Level don't even bother checking in.....the rooms on the level are in a poorly lit, dingy hallway where they have conference rooms, they are unbelievably small and very overpriced....!!! I had to have my room changed three times and NOT ONE TIME DID THE ON DUTY MANAGER ever come out to deal with the situation, apologize, or acknowledge the ordeal. It was Mountainfest weekend and the room was priced very high and all the front parking was reserved for the motorcyles. As a female traveling alone I was left to park in a back parking lot that is poorly lit and backs up to apartment buildings a vacant building. When I was getting my room switched to a 3rd room there was a family in front of me that was so disgusted by their room that they were at the desk getting a refund and leaving the hotel. If there were any rooms available at any other hotels I would have done the same but due to Mountainfest all the hotels were booked solid. I will never stay in this hotel again and highly recommend anyone thinking about it find a different hotel....!!!!

Room Tip: "Do not accept a room on the 6th floor which there is no 6th floor but it is the mezzanine leve...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Charleston, WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

The reception and lounge areas are very attractive. My room was fine; the layout was much like a Embassy Suites, with a living room and a separate bedroom. My room felt a little damp --- just a little --- but was otherwise clean and well-maintained. The free breakfast was a little disappointing; when I checked in the desk clerk mentioned the breakfast had waffles, bagels, etc., including fresh fruit, but the only fruit I saw was a couple of slightly overripe bananas. All in all, it was okay and I would give it 3 and 1/2 stars..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

How nice to find chocolate chip cookies at the check-in and free snacks at the bar! The suite was comfortable and spacious and allowed my wife and me to spread out and truly relax for the evening. We were amazed that the suite cost the same as a room at most other comparable hotels and loved having a room where we could eat our take-out supper, read and relax without sitting on the bed, and -- for my wife -- rising early to read without disturbing me while I continued to snooze the next morning. We also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, including make-it-yourself waffles. We'd stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Although the area isn't very walkable the hotel was beautiful and more than accommodating for our one night stay. I did not partake in the breakfast as there wasn't any fresh fruit. Bagels and pastries abounded though.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple