“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a nice stay. In town for daughter to interview at WVU Dental School program. The staff was great, helped anytime we asked. The place was very clean, our room was spotless. This is not a 5 star hotel and you are not paying for 5 stars either. This is a very good place to stay, beds are a little firm which I like, nice sitting area with couch, 2 tables, tv, that I used while the ladies were getting ready. Breakfast was simple, cereal, hard boiled eggs, bagels, english muffins that you can toast, biscuits that you can heat up, good juices, coffee, a waffle iron to make fresh waffles which were very good. The hotel is located in a good location, close to everything. Overall we had a good stay and will stay here when we go back.

Room Tip: Top floor, 500 block
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

From beginning to end this was a great stay for me! The front desk staff member and bartender were friendly and most helpful with restaurant recommendations the evening that I arrived. The room was very spacious and comfortable, as it was a suite with attached sitting room. The beds were very comfortable and I slept great! The complimentary breakfast was a typical continental breakfast, with a lot of great choices for a quick start to the morning. I was quite pleased with the waffle station and juice selection. All in all it was an affordable, clean, and comfortable stay! I will definitely stay here again when in Morgantown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hackensack, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Beautiful property! I was so surprised at the size of our suite at this hotel! It had a bedroom with a separate living room (which meant my husband & I got to shut the door on our teenagers when we were ready for bed but they still wanted to watch TV). It was quiet, clean, and the staff is so accommodating. Breakfast was included, which is important to my family of four. We truly enjoyed ourselves!

Room Tip: They also provide free shuttle service.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was recently in Morgantown on buisness, I had never heard of a hotel called Euro Suites so wasnt really sure about staying there. Well I can say that I will always stay at this hotel and I will tell my company that this is the place to stay. The staff were great...The rooms were very clean and the housekeeping staff was very accomidating and friendly. The frontdesk staff were also awesome!!They helped me to find a place to eat and relax....I am a very big sports fan, so the sports bar they told me about, Keglers, was a great experience!! Thank u to all that helped me...It was a very enjoyable stay away from home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

My stay here was average the hotel was clean but I felt like the maid could do a better cleaning job. I felt like housekeeping doesn't really do their jobs as far as making sure the hotel is really clean if they did I would have given them five stars. Overall the location is great. Entrance not that great and complimentary breakfast was nothing great! I would stay here again. One of the better hotels in MorganTown.

• Stayed June 2012
NY Metro area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was a stopover for us between two long travel days. We had called around 6:30 as we were traveling to see if they had a room. It was the last room available. This particular room was not a suite which we were told up front. That was fine since we were just passing through. We arrived after 9:00 and need to grab a bite to eat. After waiting about 10-15 minutes for the desk clerk to complete her call she was on (a reservation), we checked into Room 602 which is on the mezzanine level. Yup, room 602 is on the third floor. The room was odd shaped because it was on the corner. As soon as we walked in you could tell someone had been smoking in it. It wasn't very bad but you could definitely smell it being a non smoker. I went downstairs to inform them of the issue. I reconfirmed it was a no smoking room so she said she would make note of it so we wouldn't be charged a cleaning fee for the smoke smell.

We asked where we would be able to get something to eat and she suggested Kegler's Sports Bar about 75 yards down. This is a typical college town sports bar. NCAA championships were going on so it was quite crowded until the game was over. Food was good although I ordered the Rib basket and asked if the Chipotle BBQ ribs was very hot and the waitress said no. I said I like a bite to it but not super hot. She said it would be fine. Well, I don't think I'm a sissy about hot foods but this made my nose run and my mouth burn. When I rubbed the extra sauce off it was much better. My husband tried it and he even thought it was pretty spicy. If it wasn't for the fact it was close to 10:00 I would have probably returned it and got something else. I did tell the waitress next time she might want to rethink her description.
The next morning we went down for breakfast. The breakfast room could fit about 10 people at their tables. Mind you the hotel has 79 rooms. There was the typical continental breakfast fare but they also had Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches which you could heat in the microwave. We sat in the bar/lobby area to eat since it was pretty crowded.

An added note, they give complimentary water bottles in the room. Nice amenity, however, one of our two water bottles was full but open. We did advise the front desk of this.

Not sure if I would give the place another try or not if in the area. Since it was the last room left, they didn't have the option to place us elsewhere and at 9:30 at night I wasn't going to go looking around. I thought the price for the room we were in was a little high considering it wasn't a suite. It would have been nice if the management would have offered something of a discount considering the No Smoking room smelled of smoke.

Room Tip: I would avoid the 600 room block (mezzanine level) as it appears these were add on rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Red Lion, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We arrived to our room tired and ready to rest. We first had to clean our drawers and shelves the towel we used was black with filth.
We cleaned the windows.
Then we opened the pull out couch to find someone else's sheets and blankets.
I dropped my pants on the bathroom floor and picked them up to see they were ruined by black dirt.
Behind the hall door was a cork.
Then I dropped something behind the night stand only to find a old paper chip bag and chips and 1/4" of dust. That was the whole room. The bathroom was the same way. Also the bed spread was stained.
We told the front desk clerk everything and asked them to clean it the next day while we were gone.
We returned that evening to find the beds made, new towels and nothing clean!
Our group rented 5 rooms and one of them went out and bought cleaning supplies and cleaned it themselves. Another room had coffee In the coffee maker, an exploded soda can in the fridge, and filth everywhere. A "mayonnaise" stain on the pillow!
The breakfast is nice and the staff is easy going.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Euro Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!