“Simple, Convenient, and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Princeton, West Virginia
“Simple, Convenient, and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stopped here for a night on my way up to Pittsburgh and was pleasantly surprised after reading all the negative comments. The motel is clean, the rooms are very nice, and they offer a continental breakfast (cereal, muffins, juice and coffee). When I checked in, I had a traveler's coupon from one of those books you can pick up at any rest area. It said the rate would be $59 and the lady at the desk kindly gave me the rate as advertised. When I checked out, the man at the desk was very friendly, although he did call my room to see if I was going to be checking out soon, which I didn't fully understand. Check-out time is 12:00 noon. The Morgantown Mall is only 1/2 mile up the road, which makes Econo Lodge very convenient. WVU is also only about 5 miles up the interstate. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Pick up a travel book from any rest area for the best rate!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
luvnthebeach71, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at the Econo Lodge. I am thrilled to hear your experience was a positive experience. Thank you for entrusting us with your care. At your service!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

After driving all day we stopped at this hotel. The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient. It is an old motel and you should not expect a lot. The room was adequate. It was clean. The beds were comfortable and clean. The bathroom was clean. Lots of towels but no hair dryer. Breakfast was fine, toast, waffles, cereal and of course coffee.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Walton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed here in 05/14 on a business trip. Room, amenities & staff were great, but the lingering smell from years of cigarette smoking was horrible. Perhaps a new coat of paint would help?
I have been finding this @ several motels lately that advertise non smoking rooms but the smell remains, as possibly carpets, walls, bedding etc. have not been cleaned after they became non smoking. I don't care if people smoke or not, but don't advertise the room as non smoking until the smell has been eradicated.

Room Tip: Ask if non smoking rooms have been thoroughly cleaned.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Moab, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

rented several rooms all staff were very friendly and helpful. rooms were clean and beds were comfortable.i would recommend this hotel to all.front desk girl was very good with children. she turned on cartoons for them while they were having breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stopped in Morganville on New Year's Eve. When we asked the young man at the deck if he had a room for us, he said they were all filled up...We believed him at first (due to the fact that it was New Year, but he laughed and said that that of course there was a room for us...we appreciate a little humor. We were pleasantly surprised that we did not have to pay extra on account of New Years eve. The room was spacious and clean and we were very happy. The young man on the front desk was a very interesting person and no doubt will go have a great future.

Room Tip: We took what was offered...but he offered to show us the room before we signed in..
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

When first stepping into my room, I was overwhelmd with a very bad odor (smelt like somthin dead). Had to go get another room, which also stunk but not as bad. Went to the bathroom, had randim hairs on the comode seat. The carpets had spots of who knows what on em.I wouldnt take my shoes of the whole time. The bed didnt even have fitted sheets on them.

• Stayed November 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was a quick stop type of stay. The bed was comfortable enough. My socks did end up very black on the bottom though from the carpet and I only walked back and forth to the bathroom twice in my sock feet. I did not feel 100% safe, i could see light between the door and the wall. I used both locks on the door and kept a light on.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!