“Nastiest motel i`ve ever stayed at.” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
“Nastiest motel i`ve ever stayed at.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

When first stepping into my room, I was overwhelmd with a very bad odor (smelt like somthin dead). Had to go get another room, which also stunk but not as bad. Went to the bathroom, had randim hairs on the comode seat. The carpets had spots of who knows what on em.I wouldnt take my shoes of the whole time. The bed didnt even have fitted sheets on them.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was a quick stop type of stay. The bed was comfortable enough. My socks did end up very black on the bottom though from the carpet and I only walked back and forth to the bathroom twice in my sock feet. I did not feel 100% safe, i could see light between the door and the wall. I used both locks on the door and kept a light on.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My son and I were dreading our stay as we inched near Morgantown. We had booked the room on Travelocity and didn't have a chance to read these reviews first. It sounded like the Bates Motel!. We were prepared to open the windows, sleep in sleeping bags, and wear shower shoes.

No need!

The sheets were clean (and not polyester). The pillows weren't flat. The bathroom needed a little paint, but was clean. (I inspected the tub with my flashlight app.) The bathroom floor was fairly new tile instead of vinyl. The hallway smelled like lysol so I was nervous about the room, but there was NOT a masking perfume odor. And it was completely quiet. (and they now have F^@#$*&!! cereal at the breakfast bar.)

Also, the staff was friendly.

All I want out of a hotel is a place that's clean, comfortable, and quiet. We got a of that here for $53. We were pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wayne, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The staff was ok. The front desk told me she had a personal problem and could not get in touch with the manager,although she did call us after we got to room to make sure it was ok.

Everyone smoked outside their rooms. It was gross. The room was horrible. The desk chair had stains and I didn't even want to touch it. I sprayed Lysol throughout room left for a while then tried to sleep. It felt like day because curtains do not cover the window entirely. Cheap bedding, cheap sheets. I would've been very uncomfortable if I was alone. Guy hanging out in semi-lobby-check in room looked like he lived at hotel. I would pay double not to go back. Saw bugs in stairwells and that's just not a good feeling.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Spent a night here traveling back to Philly from Nashville. The hallways had a funky smell and rooms smelled air freshener. The beds were very hard. There was a rust stain on the floor in the bathroom under the sink. The floor of the bathtub felt like I was going to fall through it. I would not stay at this place again.

• Stayed August 2013
Brockway, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Not a terrible place for the price. Room was average. Continental breakfast was below average. Staff was not very friendly, very business oriented with no personality. Only complaint was the loud music and drinking in the parking lot till the we hours of the night with management doing nothing about it. As 1 reviewer said, "more of a boarding house than a hotel".

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Filthy rooms an really poor customer service. Was urine in the toilet on the floor an all over the seat when we arrived. Also busted spring in my hip all night an the staff is rude an can't speak English. The water was backwards on the sink an tu . Turn to cold for the hot an turn to hot for cold. Also if u turned on the hot water for more than a minute the pipes would rattle to the point of vibrate the hole floor.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!