“clean room, decent price for area” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 22 hotels in Morgantown
Mich
“clean room, decent price for area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Mostly workingmen staying for night, friendly staff. Nothing fancy at all. A nice price for being only about 1 mile from down town Morgantown. There weren't vacancies on the other side of the river where we would have rather been. This is a nice back up, if you need a room. I'd stay again but my wife may want to upgrade.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

I looked for an inexpensive stay as I stayed overnight for a out of town training. I wasn't expecting anything luxurious but I do expect clean.

PROS: The staff was nice enough & I appreciates the security of all the locked entrance doors. The location is also ideal as the hotel sits atop a small mountain off the road with multiple eateries (Pizza Hut) and a small strip mall alongside the back. It's also across the street from the major highway (I-78).

CONS: I got ringworm from the bed sheets! I was already skeptical of sleeping in the bed because of the dirty appearance of the hotel. I was there two nights & starting developing a rash after the second night. Upon returning home the rash had gotten larger. I went to the dermatologist & found out I has ringworm! & it's only located on the part of my body that touched the sheets. Now taking medication & it's going away. That is disgusting & shows that the sheets were dirty & not changed. I'd rather pay more for a clean hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
Sautee Nacoochee, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Tired and travel worn we stopped here and will not come back and wish we had checked out after checking in. People were cooking their meals, carpet was black dirty, like coal dust, and cooking smells all thru the hallway. it was more a rooming house that a hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Oakland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Raju P is the owner - ignore ! This place sucks - or stinks. The rooms had holes in the walls, the internet access didnt work (even the night receptionist said that everyone complains and that the best tactic is to log on when noboy is there at 1pm), the room smelt like a mix of skunkweed and really bad air freshener, at best this is a sink property (located at the far, and i mean far, far, far end) of a deserted retail park. Breakfast was two pieces of bread, a toaster that didnt work and no butter. Honestly - run like hell - this place is two steps down from the pits - worth perhaps £20 a night although you would be better off sleeping in your car - at least that way the plumbing from adjacent cars wont wake you at 5am.

Hey Raju - you should at least disguise your name before writing a rave review for your own crappy property - given, the place has a place - probably rented by the hour or as a bottom end desperate-to-find-a-room house, but nobody would believe that it was actually any good. Shame on you

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Rude staff? CHECK

Filthy? CHECK

Curry-filled air supply? CHECK

Cereal at breakfast? NOPE

On top of the disastrous environment, they have the nerve to call coffee and cheap pastries breakfast.

Give me some &$%#!@ raisin bran you cheap %$#@&!s.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

EconoLodge was not our first choice, but as we were travelling a long way and didn't know how far we'd get, I hadn't made reservations. It took me 6 calls to find a vacancy in the area, it was late (9 PM) and we couldn't be picky. Given that, it was "acceptable." It was a little hard to find (thank goodness for GPS), the front desk person acted like we were a huge inconvenience to her, the cost was high for what you get ($70+tax no microwave or fridge) but given the competition in the area, it seems to be market rate. The room itself was OK - WiFi worked, beds were comfortable, shower was good. Cleanliness was average (it didn't smell bad, no major dirt issues but you could find dust if you looked), A/C worked fine, breakfast was pretty useless but the coffee was okay. For one night in a pinch it was okay but I wouldn't stay longer unless I had to.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Germantown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Well this was my experience with this dump. We went to drop daughter off to school. All they had left was a king with a roll away bed and it was a smoking room. I waited to late for the better hotels. When I walked in was told to sit down shift change. Then they called up people that were not there before me

I asked if the roll away bed was in the room they called on the two radio and the person stated he would check. Of course it was not in the room and we saw housekeeping taking one next door, we asked her and she stated that was the room she was told to drop it off. We went to the front desk and was told even tho nobody was in that room yet, they are staying 5 days and was given the bed, we only stayed 2 days. it was not first come first served, and they said the manager went to SUPPER and would not be back for a couple of hours. We made a fuss and went back to the room, my daughter was only staying 1 night and was moving into her dorm. Well they found a bed and told us they would get it the next day. They never showed up to pick it up, NEVER GOT OUR ROOM CLEANED. I am writing everyone in choice hotel about this and want my money back. I really feel it was RACIAL. Dont stay at this hotel

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!