“Disappointed and Bias Staff Manager” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Morgantown
Cleveland, Ohio
“Disappointed and Bias Staff Manager”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

I am working at the new plant in West Virginia. I am a traveler from Ohio and thought I had the right hotel. How wrong I was. I was given a flat rate for the week which was fine, a little expensive, but I went with it. The next week, the price changed to almost double. If I didn't know any better I think the manager made up the prices as she saw fit. I was charged for the microwave that was already in the room, I was charged for the refrigerator that was already in the room, I was charged for a safe which I did not use, I was charged long distance call charges, which I did not make (I purchased a calling card). There was only one staff front desk person who tried to take those ridiculous charges off my bill, but the manager instructed her not to do anything for me. (Racist behavior). You need to put someone in charge who can take of business for your company. After three days, I was given an $800.00 bill which is absolutely ridiculous. If she wanted me out, all she had to do was ask me to leave. I found other accommodations and will never set foot in that hotel again. I suggest others to follow suite.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 12, 2011
Thank you for your taking the time to give us feedback of your recent stay.
I would like to take this opportunity to personally apologize for any inconvenience and discomfort we may have caused during your stay with us. I appreciate the time you took to bring this matter to our attention. We have reviewed our procedures and made appropriate changes to prevent this from occurring in the future. We hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Oceana, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Check in was difficult, the clerk had to go personally and check the room for some reason before he would check me in. This seemed odd since it was late in the afternoon, not an early check in. The room was fairly clean except for a recliner that had large stains and had to be covered with a sheet before I could sit in it. I had considerable difficulty making my Vista based laptop connect to the wifi. The pool was out of order and the hotel seemed to be partially remodeled by an amateur.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Comfort Inn in Morgantown, WV. I want to personally apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We take pride in providing clean and friendly service. Your concerns have been discussed with the entire team and we have reviewed our procedures and made appropriate changes to prevent this from occurring in the future. Again thank you for your time and please accept my sincere apologies. I truly hope you will give us another opportunity if you are ever in the area in the future.
Western New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

Suite room with kingsize bed, clean, comfortable, free breakfast was hot with eggs,etc... Walked to restauarant next door for dinner. Very hot that day, pool and patio area at the end of the day was great!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

We picked this hotel by chance and were disappointed the first few minutes after signing for the room. The place is very old and a rather strange set up. It is a long rectangle on the bottom floor and a split rectangle on the second floor because the ceiling on the first goes up to the second floor roof line. I guess you would call it a cathedral ceiling. There is a round fire pit with chairs and small tables right inside the front doors and check-in desk. So far so good but first off the doors are not automatic which can be a problem when hauling in your luggage and there are no elevators in the place. Yes....you have to carry up all your stuff up two flights of stairs and you are not told this at the time you are asking about a room. So if you missed the exact directions to your room as we did, you will trudge up the stairs with your suitcases down a hall and find out the room is on the other side and go down the stairs over to the other side and up the stairs and down that hall. Thank heavens we aren't into our later senior years yet.
The room didn't have any spare outlet or power strip that was not being used by lamps etc. so we had to unplug the clock to charge our cell phone. The safe which is usually in the closet was in the corner instead and the front was turned around so you would have to move the chair away so you could open it????
I wonder who thought up this layout since we were told the place was more than thirty years old but had been renovated!!!
And to top it off it was more expensive than any other hotel we stayed in on our trip. Next time we'll drive on a few miles into Morgantown and find a new place. Better yet we'll check Tripadvisor.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
IAH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

The Comfort Inn (225 Comfort Inn Drive Morgantown WV 26508) is a sub-par hotel. It is inconvenient to the University requiring driving through town often in heavy traffic. The rooms, hallways and entry are dirty. There is no elevator to the second story requiring luggage to be carried up stairs. Sharp broken glass was present on the fire extinguisher door panel on the first floor. The wireless internet did not work making access to work email impossible. The breakfast bar was sub-standard consisting of sugary items such as donuts, sweet waffles and sugar coated cereal with few other options. The hotel is isolated from both the university and any restaurants. The staff was unhelpful.

Plumbing in the first room I was given did not work properly. Vomit was present in the driveway at the entrance to the Hotel the morning I left.

I found this hotel to be completely unacceptable.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
bethbishop, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 28, 2009
I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to my attention. I want to apologize for any inconvenience. We strive to give clean and friendly service and we want our guests to feel that they are being provided the best lodging value. The housekeeping staff has been retrained regarding these issues. Again please accept my sincere apologies for falling below your expectations. I hope that you will give us another chance if you are ever in the area in the future.
Long Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Kind of a shopping center setting but the hotel was nice. The whole lobby setting was very nice...stone fireplace...plenty of tables and chairs...large screen TV..open sliding doors to the courtyard which contained the pool. Standard Choice Hotels free breakfast. Standard rooms, but very clean. Good value.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
bethbishop, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2009
Thank you very much for the wonderful comments. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at our Comfort Inn in Morgantown. We strive to provide clean and friendly service to all our guests, and we are glad to hear this was true during your stay. We hope that if you are ever in the Morgantown area again you will consider us your home away from home
Pittsburgh, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

I had several main problems with this hotel:

The very first morning I discovered that one gets their money's worth on the free breakfast. I have never had a bad donut until I tried the ones here.

During my lengthy stay, my room was rarely restocked. Plastic cups were replaced every 3-4 days, I could go a week or more without a spare roll of toilet tissue being placed in the room. Even tissues, which switch to beige when the box is low, were not replaced until a day or two after the box was empty. One day the dirty towels were taken, but clean ones were not replaced (even when they were replaced, calling some of them "clean" is being generous). A couple times the housekeeper turned on my air conditioner to high and set the temperature at the coldest possible setting, when it was not particularly warm outside.

Despite being in the nonsmoking section of the building, I frequently had smoke odors coming from the adjoining room.

Wireless Internet access was extremely unreliable. It was unusable for about 2 days, and on several other occasions it cut out periodically.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Kristaarkfeld, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2009
I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort that we caused. I realize how frustrating it must be to not receive proper housekeeping service and that it is below your standards. We also realize that we do have issues with the smell of smoke and we are working to correct those issues daily.

I have discussed these concerns with the housekeeping supervisor and staff and they all understand how unacceptable this type of service is. Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

It is our goal to ensure all our guests leave our hotel happy and satisfied. We do hope you will come and visit us again to experience our imporved housekeeping services.

Thank you for your feedback and I am hoping to hear from you soon so we can discuss further.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!