“I have read the bad reviews for this motel......” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 22 hotels in Morgantown
Ohio
“I have read the bad reviews for this motel......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

...... and I honestly don't know where they came from. My husband and I stayed at this motel this past weekend and it was probably the best motel experience we've ever had. The room was clean and pleasant with all the amenities (cable, internet, fridge with freezer,etc.). They also have a work-out room, hot tub, a pool for summer, and a common room with lots of seating and a beautiful fireplace. Add to this a continental breakfast, free coffee 24/7 and friendly and helpful staff (the clerk even printed out directions to the nearest market for us), and all this for less than $90. The only bad thing about the experience was that we only had time to stay one night!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Temika H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
You mean a lot to us here at Comfort Inn Morgantown, and we are glad that you feel confident that you choose the right Choice Hotel!! It was a pleasure to provide you with the service you deserve! We look forward to seeing you again soon!!

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Huntington, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Dirty, dirty, dirty. Bugs alive and dead. The key cards did not work so we had to be escorted to our rooms each time we returned to the hotel. It smelled very bad, sheets were not clean. Probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Fallston, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Visiting grand daughter at West Virginia University. This hotel was close (5 miles) and near other things we wanted to do. Although old and worn, it was clean and comfortable. Continental breakfast included, and coffee and mints available 24 hours a day.

Room Tip: First floor very convenient.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
North Royalton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two night. My husband and I in one room and our son in another.
My son's room was unable to look - the door close but it would lock - we could just walk in his room by turning the door nob- no card was needed. His room carpet had huge black spill stains on it. His refergerator did work and the microwave did have a glass plate in it.
Our room well no WIFI! No hot water for showers until 8 am and leave the water run for atleast 15 minutes. I was counting on my IPad to give directions - but no luck. There is no public computer to use either. The desk was able to give me a genetic map of the city but I needed a more detail map. Nor did they offer to look it directions either. Chilly and damp was the whole hotel and the whirlpool needs to be scubed!

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

My son and I stayed at the hotel during a visit and it was a great place to stay. The room was clean and fresh and with my grandchildren it was nice that there was a small shopping area close by. We ate at the IHOP next door and that was fabulous since the kids love pancakes when they are at Nana's house. No complaints...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Huntersville, North Carolina, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

This Comfort Inn isn't new, and Comfort Inn's aren't supposed to be fancy. This one is a nice, older, lower-mid range hotel, located right at the intersection of 68 & 79. If you're looking for a cheap place to just spend a night or two, this is fine. If you're staying for a week or want a place with a nice lobby, go to the Waterfront. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean - not new, not decorated fancy - but clean and comfortable. With a new flat screen with a remote that doesn't reset to the stupid "hotel channel" that most do.

The staff is great. I talked with the house keeping staff both mornings about football and places to eat for 10 minutes. They then greeted me everytime they saw me. The breakfast staff helped me find a place to get my oil changed. The first time I stayed they were initially sold out and helped me look for a place to stay (before someone called and cancelled while we were working on this). I can understand this not being the level some people were expecting, but I can't believe the issues people had with the staff. Both times I stayed it was sold out and busy and everyone was happy and friendly.

The breakfast could use some work. Not very appetizing especially in that small old room. But the pink strawberry waffles were better than they look!

Thanks. See you again.

Room Tip: No elevator, so keep that in mind if stairs are a problem.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011 via mobile

When I stayed it was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at it was the dirtest place I set foot in an I suggust that nobody stays at this hotel because they might get sick from the mold its all over the place an the mangers are unfriendly an they don't no how to treat guest an the hotel should be shut down an that's the bottom line

• Stayed September 2011
Kathie M, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Jolee22,

I apologize that you found your stay with us unsatisfactory. Unfortunately I did not have a chance to speak with you about your stay and try to make it satisfactory before you left. I would love to chance to speak with you further on the problems you had here. You can reach me at 304-296-9364 anytime.

Sincerely

Kathie Moore

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!