“Great place to stay and affordable!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 22 hotels in Morgantown
Bridgeport, West Virginia
“Great place to stay and affordable!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

The room was clean! The hot tub felt amazing in the room! Quiet room and convenient location! I would recommend staying here to anyone. It's close to downtown, next to the coliseum, close to the stadium, and right by several shopping malls!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Ronnie S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Coliseum, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you so much for expressing your views about our property. We love to hear from our guests and the experience that they have while visiting the Morgantown area. We hope that your travels bring you back to our area, so that we can serve you again. If there is anything else we can do please let us know.

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Had I great stay very friendly and professional staff. Rooms where very clean and comfortable! Definitely will be staying there on my next trip to Morgantown!! Very reasonable prices and definitely worth your dollar. If your looking for a clean cozy place to stay that won't break the bank I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2014
It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and thank you for sharing your experience while visiting the Morgantown area. We look forward to serving you again during your return trip, and in the mean time if there is anything else we can do to assist in your traveling needs please feel free to contact us. Thanks Again!!!!!!!!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I have the worse time there.wasnt there not even 3 hrs and was ate up with bed bugs.all the man could say was I can give u another room .once again I bite again.so wasnt happy.so we didn't sleep all NITE. So 9am we checked out wanted to kno how was r stay and I told them I wasnt very happy with the place.why was that they say .jus look at my face.u can blame it all everyone.but its ur business clean it up...never again well I stay there

• Stayed February 2014
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with all our needs. The room was a great size and well cleaned. There was also a free continental breakfast that was included with our room which we enjoyed greatly. We will definitely be staying here again and recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed December 2013
Ronnie S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Coliseum, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
I am so glad to hear about your stay and appreciate you expressing it with others. We look forward to accomodating you durung your next trip to the greater Morgantown area.
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

After returning from Morgantown for a football game, we now have BED BUGS...and no it's not possible it came from somewhere else! It came from your hotel/motel...that's right, now upon our return back to Charlotte we now have to pay an excess of $200 to have the exterminator out...my wife and I have bites all over us and my wife with the worst as they have attacked her face!

Originally what I felt was a clean place for the football weekend and reasonably priced is NOW gonna cost me a TON more than just ponying up and paying for a place that did NOT give us BED BUGS to bring back!

To hell with your place...

DO NOT STAY HERE ---------------- BED BUGS, STINK BUGS, ECT....WE IN FACT SAW STINK BUGS THE MORNING WE WERE LEAVING!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I would first like to offer my sincere apologies. While I understand I cannot undo what has happened, I can assure you that this is not typical of our property. I would like to offer you a complimentary room at our hotel. I would like to provide you the opportunity to see that what occurred during your visit was extremely rare. While instances do occur, we take all necessary precautions to prevent infestations. We have placed bug bed protectors on all the beds, and have a regular preventative maintenance company spray at a minimum of 10 rooms a month. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

A large group of us (5 rooms) stayed here last Friday and Saturday. We were all in town for the WVU/Texas football game. There was a 2 night minimum, but at least they raise their rates because it was a home game weekend. Overall the hotel was fine. It is clean and adequate. Nothing fancy but certainly acceptable. It is located close to stores, restaurants and the football stadium. It was easy to find and easy to get around. They provide a simple breakfast (coffee, tea, muffins, juice, sausage and waffles), and there is a Shoney's right next door if you want something else.

The ONLY complaint I have is that Housekeeping didn't clean our room on Saturday. We left the room to go touring and tailgating at around 11 am and didn't return to our room until 1am. Unfortunately, the beds hadn't been made and the towels weren't replaced. There were plenty of towels for the two days, so it wasn't THAT big of a deal. But I really like to come back to my hotel room and have it freshened up. To me, that's one of the nice things about staying in a hotel.

The front desk was nice about it when I mentioned it at check-out. But there wasn't much they could do about it at that point. The housekeepers were cleaning rooms very early on Sunday morning as we were all checking out. So, maybe on Saturday morning they came by really early while we were still asleep and didn't bother to come back a little later when we were gone. Since football fans tend to be night owl partiers, they need to realize their guests won't be getting up early on Saturday morning and schedule their housekeeping accordingly (especially when the game isn't until 7pm that night. )

Again, this wasn't a BIG deal, but it was a little dissapointing.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room away from the breezeway or a second floor room. We were right next to the smok...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Ronnie S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Coliseum, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for relaying your experience while staying at our property. We sincerely apologize for housekeepings lack of cleaning. I will be sure to convey your message to them and immediately correct this problem. We hope that when your travels bring you back to the Greater Morgantown area, that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
North Tonawanda, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Spacious room, divided dressing wash basin from toilet and shower, which makes dressing and showering easier when more than one person stays in the room. Rooms open directly onto parking lot. No interior corridors. May be a concern for women traveling alone. Clean but upholstered chairs were stained and the tv is old. Wifi signals were strong and internet easily accessed.

More paperwork than I'm used to at registration, which was further slowed by clerk taking a personal call while two of us waited to claim our rooms.

Room Tip: Request ground floor if you don't want to drag luggage up an outside stairway.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ronnie S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Coliseum, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Econo Lodge Coliseum? Share your experiences!