“Adequate place to spend a night” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 22 hotels in Morgantown
Charleston, SC
“Adequate place to spend a night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Conveniently located off interstate, this is a cheap place to spend a night. My "non-smoking" room 214 reeked of smoke, made my eyes water. Slept with air conditioner full blast to compensate. Desk chair filthy, burn hole on the bedspread, dead cockroach in bathroom, wi-fi didn't work. It served the purpose as a place to get off the road for a few hours, but I couldn't wait to get out and on my way.

• Stayed June 2013

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stay here a lot. The housekeeping staff is very nice, especially when my son had nosebleeds every night from altitude sickness. They gave us extra towels and extra pillows and made up the rooms very nice. Did forget to empty one of the trash cans twice, but like I said, we're here a lot. I do wish they would change up some items on the breakfast bar, it gets a little repetitive after so long! But its just a thought, not a complaint! The front desk help is very nice. We will obviously be staying here again, it's cheap (about $62 a night). Everyone here is really caring. No pool here, but a nice park and walking trail are nearby. Shoney's is a walk across the parking lot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ronnie S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Coliseum, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you so much for the comments. We are constantly striving for excellent customer service and appreciate hearing from our guests. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay, and we look forward to accommodating you again when you return to Morgantown.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Couldn't ask for a better on site Manager....Rondal is an asset to the company!! The location is great for interstate traveling and convenient to many other locations. Rooms large and very reasonable. I was impressed....For the price, I was pleased. Would recommend in future and will stay again....

Room Tip: Felt safe and quite comfortable...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sharon, thank you so much for the comments. We appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you again when you are in the Morgantown area.
Welch, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was there for a week, my grandson had to have heart surgery. Staying here was close to the hospital and Shoneys. We were treated great by the staff and all the workers there. They kept asking about how the baby was doing and if we needed anything. Rooms were clean and having a coffee pot and coffee was a plus my husband enjoyed. After we came home, got a note from them asking how the baby was. I would recommend this place to anyone. If I am in Morgantown again that is where I will stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We sincerely appreciate your comments and thank you so much for staying with us, we look forward to accommodating you again during your return trip to Morgantown. We hope that your grandson makes a full recovery, and our prayers are with you. Again, if there is anything we can do, please don't hesitate to ask!
Huntington, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised with my recent stay here. I just needed a cheap, clean hotel for an overnight stay in Morgantown. The room/bathroom was very clean and comfortable. I have no complaints about the room. No, it's not a 5 star hotel, but you get what you pay for. The location is very convenient to downtown. It seemed to be in a safe area. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We had even forgot a sweatshirt in the room after we left, but It just took one phone call and the desk clerk found the sweatshirt and is having it shipped to us. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Ronnie S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Coliseum, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will be sure to express them with the staff, as well as your shirt will be mailed today (2-19-13). We look forward to seeing you again soon, if there is anything else we can do to accommodate you please let us know. Thanks Again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was the first time I have stayed here, I was recommended from a friend and I have to say I was impressed. The staff was as good as any I have ever experienced, the room was comfortable and the location is awesome. I was going to the WVU basketball game and walk to the dome and walked back. Overall great stay!

• Stayed February 2013
Ronnie S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Coliseum, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I am so glad to hear about your recent stay here at Morgantown Econo Lodge Coliseum. I will be sure to share you comments with the staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area. Thanks Again for all your comments.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We've stayed at this location numerous times, and have always enjoyed it. We always get one of the jacuzzi rooms. Rooms are always clean, and has a restaurant just across the parking lot from the office. Were thrilled to find they didn't raise prices for New Year's eve. The only downside is if you need internet access, you have to go to the lobby, even though they say they offer wifi in all rooms. You can connect, but speeds are so slow, you can't do anything you need to do. Was not a big issue for this trip, as it was a night for my husband and I to enjoy ourselves. Many places to dine with in a mile, and not too far from the Coliseum, if you are in town for a WVU game. Breakfast included with price: Waffles, sausage, bagels, danishes, donuts, biscuits, cereal, juice and coffee.

Room Tip: Request a jacuzzi room, bigger bed, great couples get away.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your comments. We really appreciate them, feedback from our guest is extremely important and much needed. We look forward to accommodating you again. Thanks Again for the comments!!!

Been to Econo Lodge Coliseum? Share your experiences!