“Excellent value!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Huntington, WV
“Excellent value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised with my recent stay here. I just needed a cheap, clean hotel for an overnight stay in Morgantown. The room/bathroom was very clean and comfortable. I have no complaints about the room. No, it's not a 5 star hotel, but you get what you pay for. The location is very convenient to downtown. It seemed to be in a safe area. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We had even forgot a sweatshirt in the room after we left, but It just took one phone call and the desk clerk found the sweatshirt and is having it shipped to us. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Ronnie S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Coliseum, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will be sure to express them with the staff, as well as your shirt will be mailed today (2-19-13). We look forward to seeing you again soon, if there is anything else we can do to accommodate you please let us know. Thanks Again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was the first time I have stayed here, I was recommended from a friend and I have to say I was impressed. The staff was as good as any I have ever experienced, the room was comfortable and the location is awesome. I was going to the WVU basketball game and walk to the dome and walked back. Overall great stay!

• Stayed February 2013
Ronnie S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Coliseum, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I am so glad to hear about your recent stay here at Morgantown Econo Lodge Coliseum. I will be sure to share you comments with the staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area. Thanks Again for all your comments.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We've stayed at this location numerous times, and have always enjoyed it. We always get one of the jacuzzi rooms. Rooms are always clean, and has a restaurant just across the parking lot from the office. Were thrilled to find they didn't raise prices for New Year's eve. The only downside is if you need internet access, you have to go to the lobby, even though they say they offer wifi in all rooms. You can connect, but speeds are so slow, you can't do anything you need to do. Was not a big issue for this trip, as it was a night for my husband and I to enjoy ourselves. Many places to dine with in a mile, and not too far from the Coliseum, if you are in town for a WVU game. Breakfast included with price: Waffles, sausage, bagels, danishes, donuts, biscuits, cereal, juice and coffee.

Room Tip: Request a jacuzzi room, bigger bed, great couples get away.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your comments. We really appreciate them, feedback from our guest is extremely important and much needed. We look forward to accommodating you again. Thanks Again for the comments!!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

passing through the area, found this hotel got a great rate of 84.00. staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. Breakfast had some great grab and go food. Hotel also had wireless that was quick and easy to log on to. Great friendly staff will stay on my return trip

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We chose this hotel by just driving by it. We're are glad we did! I can't express enough how nice and understanding the staff was. When we had to stay longer than expected due to medical appointments being rescheduled, they had our room ready very quickly. We were even allowed to stay beyond normal check out time so that we weren't out "killing time" when an appointment was late in the afternoon. I plan on staying here again when we have to return for future medical appointments.

• Stayed October 2012
Bangor, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I have continuously booked the EconoLodge Coliseum through our daughter's four years at the university, traveling back and forth from Pennsylvania. We were very satisfied with every single stay. The rooms are always clean and spacious; the staff always friendly and polite, and the price is customer-friendly. One manager, Donna, is a book of knowledge on Morgantown and a true Mountaineer advocate. I would recommend these accommodations to anyone on a budget, looking for cleanliness and friendliness.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hundred
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Do they just pick up anyone off the streets to clean these rooms? Honestly, the price for a room is kind of ridiculous especially if that’s not what you’re getting when you open the room. Either their housekeepers were blind because they could not clean worth a dime. Grime and hair along the rim of the toilet, that’s really not something I would like to see when doing my business. I know we all can get lazy sometimes at cleaning, but really..come on? It’s not that hard to wipe down a toilet. Guh, not to mention the bed, again..that’s not hard to figure out. I like clean and fresh sheets on my bed. Makes the sleep more valuable, wasn’t what I got out of this “hotel”. Maybe they should recheck these rooms before they make a sell off of them.

If you absolutely need to stay in Motown, I would highly recommend some place other than this hotel. It’s not worth your time or money to be staying there. Trust me. The floors look disgust, there’s spider webs in every corner, hair everywhere, and loud air conditioners; ask yourself, is it worth the price?

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge Coliseum? Share your experiences!