“Outstanding Choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of South Branch Inn Moorefield

South Branch Inn Moorefield
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Moorefield
South Branch Inn Moorefield
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Moorefield
Moorefield, West Virginia
“Outstanding Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I would recommend this motel to everybody that comes into the area. First, the rooms are very clean and well maintained. The staff were very friendly, and very accommodating. They also have a very nice conference room: it would be perfect for meals, meetings & parties such as birthday, anniversary and wedding receptions. I really like in the lobby the books and other items for sale. If you wanna come to a rural town to look at wonderful scenery and historical sites Moorefield is your place, and I would recommend you stay in the South Branch Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
wvtraveler1968, General Manager at South Branch Inn Moorefield, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. Our hotel loves our local history and heritage. In fact, each of our rooms is named after a historical event, building or tourist attraction in our area. These rooms are also decorated to reflect their theme. For example we have several Civil War Trails rooms, we have a Ride the High Five room which showcases motorcycle riding and routes in our county as well as others. We hope to serve you again in the future. Kelly Williams - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Richmond, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very pleasant staff, nice clean rooms, quiet place. I stayed there on a business trip - not many options in this little town. But it is a very fine place for a vacation or a stop on the way through.
Many interesting historical landmarks nearby - especially if you are a Civil War buff. Beautiful landscape.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review. We were glad we were able to serve you and hope to see you back soon. Kelly Williams - General Manager
Salem, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The room was very, very clean! Not too impressed with the continental breakfast but it was a nice stay.

Traveled there for an overnight stay. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the room. Everything from the bedding, carpet, kitchenette, to the bathroom was spotless and you could tell that the cleaning crew takes the extra time to ensure the room is spotless!

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words and comments. I will look into our breakfast offerings and see if we can make some changes or expand. We hope to serve you again in the future. Kelly Williams - General Manager
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We just had a reception at the South Branch Inn and we found the staff to be accommodating and friendly. Their conference room is a nice place to hold such a function. The setting is so nice being in a beautiful valley. We are lucky to have such a facility as this in Moorefield.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We host many receptions, meetings and conferences through out the year and have many photos posted on our Facebook page. I hope we can help you again in the future. Kelly Williams - General Manager
Warren
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

If you're cruising around this area of WV, this is probably 'the place' to stay. I've stayed here a couple times before, so I felt comfortable coming back. They're right on the doorstep of the new expressway, so it's easier to get to than before. It's not quite like the 'last place on earth' it used to be.

We happened to hit during the little-league baseball championship in the town; my wife and I knew what was coming, and it arrived. And they were sold out, with few alternatives, so you'll stay put anyway.

Obviously this was one of the peak seasons and the staff was pushing to keep up the quality. We got breakfast early, generally tried to stay out of the way of the hordes of 10-year-olds and families that had invaded. I can't fault them for that.

What got them 'one notch down' from an otherwise 'very good' was basically housekeeping, I was a little alarmed when I found both soap remaining in the tub and also the shampoo from the previous guest. That and the overwhelming odor of some kind of cleaning product or odor freshner almost to the headache level. I don't think the room had been used in a while except during peak periods. Things were clean enough, and the desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. I was there on business so the price wasn't a killer, but yeah, they pretty much have whatever traffic there is in the town and can price accordingly.

Room Tip: Rooms by the back doors are noisier - door slamming and steps.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving feedback. I am sorry you were here during our peak season which runs most of the summer. We do have a lot of large groups such as teams, family reunions, and other functions such as conferences, occurring in our area that tend to keep our hotel busy. I am not sure what happened with the soap situation but can assure you that is not the norm and do apologize for it. All of our rooms are rotated when we rent them and we stay sold out most summer months. As far as our rates, we closely follow what the government guidelines are for our area of the state as far as "per diems" go. I hope you will give us another change in the future and would love to host your next visit to our area. I do appreciate the comments. Kelly Williams - General Manager
Durango, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Although the rooms were decent, clean and they did have a continental breakfast. The room, for that area was overpriced in my opinion. The pillows were covered in plastic. Kept me awake all night. The water had a slight sulphur smell, but was very soft.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
I appreciate your taking the time to leave us feedback, we appreciate all comments. I am sorry you were not happy with our prices, we do try to set our prices based on what the government has set as a reasonable price for our area, a "per diem" rate. As far as our water, it all is treated with a water softening system as it enters the hotel to ensure that we don't have any issues. I hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to Moorefield.
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

After attending a retirement/birthday party of a friend in Baker WV I was recommended South Branch Inn. I made reservations and found the place quite adequate. The receptionists were friendly and helpful and I was given the king size bed and jacuzzi which both we good. The Ponderosa restaurant was right next door but decided to go to another restaurant. extended check outs are provided and found it quite adequate.Would return if I have to.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to South Branch Inn Moorefield? Share your experiences!