“Trout everywhere!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elk Springs Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Monterville
Elk Springs Resort
Save Saved
You added Elk Springs Resort to your Saves list
#14 A Dry Branch Resort, Monterville, WV 26282   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Monterville
Oxford, Mississippi
“Trout everywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed at Elk Springs Resort for 2 nights. Mostly I was flyfishing, but I took time to enjoy the scenery too. Great place, clean rooms, lots of extras, and good food at the restaurant.

My room was in the "Hippie Rooms", a $100/night room with 2 beds, refrigerator, coffee maker, washer/dryer, in-room bath, a.c., and much more. Very nice.

The people were all very friendly and accommodating, including the fishing guides. I didn't hire a guide, but they offered advice and showed me around the fly shop and grounds. Fun time.

Room Tip: My room didn't have a ceiling fan, but most did, so I had to run the air conditioner all night...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Upperville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I brought my girlfriend to Elk Springs Resort to see if i could get her excited about fly fishing and with the help of our enthusiastic guide RJ and the surreal mountain setting it was a perfect success. Not only did we slay fish, but my girlfriend and i really got to unwind and enjoy each others company in the gorgeous, rustic, and accommodating environment that Elk Springs Resort catered for us. Again, I could not give enough praise to the guide service staff. Not only did RJ give my girlfriend Caitlin a solid foundation for which she could build confidence and truly enjoy herself, but he provided me with a comprehensive lesson on the local hatches and techniques used that will be a priceless asset on my many returns to the area.

Room Tip: I haven't stayed in the lodge, but it looks notable. All the cabins have clean comfortable beds...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Charleston, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

River was muddy , they tried to blame it on logging but we went upstream and saw no logging anywhere . They tried to call them wild fish LOL we watched them stock the night before we fished. ac units hanging outside windows , Drunk waitress , flyshop closes when they want to. Not a place im going back to

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Long Bottom, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here while on a ATV riding trip with my son and his friends who have a camp just down the river. I've visited this lodge a couple times in the past when in the area. So when I wanted a nice place with hot water and WiFi on this trip, figured I would give it a try. Well worth the drive back in the woods to find it. Warm spacious rooms in the main lodge, satellite TV, internet, pool table, kitchen, and much more. Restaurant and bar on property. As far as the fishing, couldn't tell ya, was a great place to make base camp for a few days of riding in the hills. Will probably stay here if skiing too, if you don't mind the didn't a short drive off the mountain. Very affordable and clean. Would have given 5 stars but don't want it to be booked up next time I call....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Olive Hill, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed at the lodge which was quite breathtaking. Our room was large with a sitting area. The bathroom had a jacuzzi tab and washer and dryer. We were very comfortable and frankly hated to leave when our time there was over. The restaurant served up the most delicious rainbow trout ever.

Room Tip: The Safari Room is beautiful. Perfect for a couples retreat!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Acworth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed at the Elk Springs Resort for two nights with my husband, young son and parents. My husband and father were the fly fishermen. My husband had never been fly fishing before and is now hooked! He and my father went out all day with one of the guides, Dave, and had a great time. They caught several trout.

We stayed in a cabin, very clean and newly built. We also ate our meals at the restaurant, Ellie May's Old Mill Restaurant. They have an optional meal plan available for $35 per person for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is a great value in my opinion. There is also a top notch fly shop upstairs from the restaurant. The staff there are very friendly and accomodating as well.

I'm originally from WV but have been living in GA for 10+ years and miss the mountains and changing of the leaves. The property is beautiful! We plan on making this an annual family trip! They also have stocked ponds where you can fish for trout and keep them. They charge $3 and/or $5 per pound for the trout.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

While on vacation in West Virginia our family stopped by the fishing lodge to fly fish and do a little hiking. Getting to the lodge is a drive but worth every mile. The staff was excellent and very accommodating going out of their way to make our two kids have a great time. The kids fished in the ponds in the evening, even my six year old daughter caught rainbow trout. The next morning my son and I went fishing with our guide Dave. We caught plenty of fish and Dave constantly put us in casting distance of huge trout. Our family had a great time and the kids talked about the fishing trip the entire way home.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Elk Springs Resort? Share your experiences!