I made my reservation online and when I arrived, the reservation was in my name, on a credit card that I do not have under a He apologized and stated that he gave me a discount on the room. (Online it was $134 and he charged me $115) We (my daughter and I) got into the room and quickly found that the TV movies did not work. We wanted to watch movies, so the same front desk person came to our room, but could not get it to work. Upon entering, he saw that we had a dog, the reason we had picked this hotel is that it was pet friendly and that was stated on the online registration. I told him I had put that in the online registration, but did not think to mention it when I checked in. He said there is a pet fee. I then asked if there was a different remote, he said no, the TV remote does everthing. In about 15 mins he called to say that he had contact LodgeNet and was waitlng for a call back. During this call I asked if it was a system problem, he said he wasn’t sure. I suggested that he check another room to see if it was working. In about 15 mins he called back and said he was brining me a new remote. It was a Lodgenet remote and it did work. He told me that he had removed all charges and we could watch any movies we wanted. Again, he apologized over and over again. We watched 2 movies. The next morning when our statement was under the door we had been charged and additional $35 for the pet fee and 3 movies at $15.99 EACH!! This brought our bill to over $213.00. I went to the desk to discuss it and there were two women there sitting and talking. I stood there for 5 minutes and finally walked away. Then never made any recognition I was there or acknowledged me. Beds were comfortable but temp in room was hard to control.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Parkersburg - Mineral Wells
- Holiday Inn Mineral Wells
- Mineral Wells Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Mineral Wells-Parkersburg, West Virginia Located right outside of Parkersburg, West Virginia, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Parkersburg-Mineral Wells, WV is conveniently located near Parkersburg Wood County Airport (PKB). Many famous Parkersburg attractions are within fifteen minutes of our hotel in Mineral Wells, WV. Fenton Art Glass, the home of 'Carnival glass' is located 13 miles away. Nearby Blennerhassett Island is a historical state park, which features a museum and several walking trails. This park offers insight into the founding of Mineral Wells and its history. Holl's Swiss Chocolatier and Grand Central Mall are also located in close proximity to our Mineral Wells, VA hotel. Our Mineral Wells hotel near Parkersburg is close to several corporate offices, including Dupont and Kraton Chemical, which are within ten miles of our hotel near Parkersburg. We are proud to offer free high-speed, wireless Internet access throughout our hotel, a 24-hour business center for all your business-related needs, and an 24 hour indoor pool. Our hotel in Mineral Wells offers a number of unexpected amenities in a comfortable setting. Come Stay Smart with us at our centrally located Holiday Inn Express Hotel Mineral Wells-Parkersburg, West Virginia hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Parkersburg - Mineral Wells reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.