“all around a good deal...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mineral Wells
Marietta, Ohio
“all around a good deal...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

I have been here before for co. meetings and parties but this is the first time I have stayed here...the rooms are really large ,bed was comfy,clean people were nice pretty good deal for $89.00 in the middle of summer...they have a large perking lot for trucks beside the hotel...ever in the area its a good place to stay...or use for meetings,banquets Etc...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

We stayed here a few months ago and it was just a normal Comfort Inn but nothing great but nothing wrong. While we were there, they were remodeling and wow they did a great job. We were upgraded into a new suite and spent a very comfortable night there.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

New renovation well done. New construction feel and look. Absolutely loved the wide, well lite hallways. Didn't feel like you were walking in a cave. Room was very quiet. Did not hear any noise in hallway or from surrounding rooms. Spacious bathroom. The mattresses that Choice Hotels have selected are extremely comfortable to sleep on. Felt better than home. Continental breakfast was awesome, offering scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, sausage, biscuits and gravy, along with the standard cereal, oatmeal, toast, bagels, fruit. More than enough to choose from to satisfy your appetite. Breakfast bar attendants were very attentive to guest needs and keeping tables cleared and cleaned, and interacted with guests answering questions and making conversation. Room attendants were also very friendly, giving a hello as you past by them.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

If you've got to be stuck in a hotel for business, might as well be this one. The rooms are very clean. The staff is friendly. A full TV line-up (which I appreciate). I appreciate mid-line hotels that have a lounge and at least some sort of food service. The menu is small but the food was very good. And I really appreciate having a lounge on-site. You get a couple of drink coupons at check in which makes it even better. My only complaint (and its minor) only one soda & one snack machine. And good luck finding it.
Not that it’s their fault but the location is a little seedy. Basically a truck stop type highway intersection. A couple of fast foods, a gas station, a truck stop and 2 strip clubs. Also it’s a few miles south of town. But there is some shopping just up the road.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

I found this hotel by accident last year on my way from MI to NC. I was heading down for some business in Mooresville, NC and I got a late start. Well it started to get dark and I was just getting to the beginning of the mountains. I did not want to drive through those at night so I pulled off at the exit where this hotel is located. It was already dark but I liked the looks of the place from the road so I pulled in hoping they had a room even though it was late. Well as luck would have they did. I have stayed in a lot of hotels across the country and this has to be by far the nicest one I have ever stayed in. The rooms are so spacious and clean. Then in the morning they give you a great breakfast buffet. I liked the place so much I almost hated to leave for NC the next morning, lol. Well I liked the place so much that I called the night before I left NC and booked a room for my return trip home, lol.

Well this October I again had to make a trip to NC. I decided since I was traveling alone to only drive half way again like the year prior. Well there was no question in my mind where I was staying. I called this hotel and booked a room for the trip down and the way back. The place did not change one bit over the year. It was just as gorgeous as the year prior and the staff was just as friendly. This year I was fortunate enough to get a room with a jacuzzi tub. I just loved that since I was tensed up from the days drive. When I checked out the next morning I asked do all the rooms have one of those now? The girl at the desk said no. She asked did you like that? I said yes I did very much so. So she said I will put in a request to see if we can get you the same room on your return back through.

Well when I checked in a week later on my return trip they had the same room I stayed in on the way down waiting for me, lol. Now is that good service or what? lol. Then since I arrived at the hotel before 7 pm they gave me two coupons for a complimentary beverage in the hotels beautiful lounge. So I was able to enjoy two free cocktails on the hotel in the lounge. What a nice gesture on their part and it was a nice way to relax and unwind after my long day of driving. Then the breakfast buffet was superb, just as it was last year.

So if I would have to rate this hotel I would give it 5 stars. I would put it up against any 5 star hotel in the country. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. The place is outstanding. I would not stay anywhere else on my way down to NC.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Weddington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

We stayed at this hotel twice -- both going and again on our return trip. The hotel is clean and well maintained. The rooms were large enough to accomodate 4 adults and an infant. The beds are comfortable, there is a hot breakfast, a nice indoor/outdoor pool, very good service, and well maintained grounds. We will stay at this hotel on future trips.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

Wife and I were visiting in the area, stayed here 2 nights. Not much in the immediate area, true, but Parkersburg is just down the road. This motel is the best we have stayed in in years...cant say enough about the well-maintained grounds, clean, spacious room with mini fridge and microwave. Breakfast in morning wasnt your typical continental style- they provide eggs, fruit, waffles, etc. A nice feed. Pool, exercise room, courtyard, with a clean parking lot. Restaurant/pub in building nicely decorated. Supposed to serve to 9pm and close at 11pm - on our stay staff was cleaning up by 8:40pm and we were told wasnt serving anymore. OK, nothings perfect....but highly recommend this for a place to stop on your trip.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites Mineral Wells? Share your experiences!