“Very disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

A few of us went to Ryan's for dinner on Mother's Day, and supposedly, they were having a special buffet. Due to this "special" buffet, the price was increased. First, we had trouble finding a clean table. After finding a table we proceeded to the buffet. We had a difficult time finding anything worth eating. There were very few choices. Seven pans of assorted beans, two pans of corn and 3 pans of sweet potatoes. The sour cream for the baked potatoes, (when they have some on the buffet), was so frozen, it was powder. The dessert bar was just as disappointing. I have had issues with the food here before and that is why I hadn't been here to eat in over a year, but I thought I would give them another try. Not only was the food disappointing, but the service was as well. I won't be coming back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Complaining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Me and my husband stop for breakfast Sunday morning at Ryan's, The food was great, the service was great, but when you have to eat and look up and watch two employee's hugging and kissing ,this is disgusting. No place should have husband and wife or girlfriend/boyfriend working same shift. We were not the only people complaining, one guy had his daughter there and got up and left. The other couple was an elderly man and woman. Like I said the food, service, and cleanness was great. Just have to correct this matter.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sterling, Virginia
“One of the worse experiences”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We've chosen this restaurant on the way through WV because of its name - steakhouse. Thought it would be a grill and steakhouse type of a restaurant. When my friend and I came inside we were pleasanly surprised that it had a buffet and the price was good. The restaurant looks very ordinary but again sometimes food has nothing to do with the decor of the place. So we proceeded to the table. While i have nothing bad to say about the service - the waiter was quick and attentive, I was bitter disappointed with food. The selection was very ordinary and rather small. Salad bar was OK but the hot dishes were all made either from prepackaged or frozen food. I ate ham but the rest of the meat selection - chicken floating in the water, heavily breaded pieces of meat (not sure what kind of meat it was) and ketchupy meatloaf signaled for me to stay away from them. Mashed potatoes were from the box. Most of dishes,including the pieces of roasted chicken, were in pools of watery broth. The dessert table looked like all desserts were just smashed by someone - not a very appetizing view. I regret i didn't take any pictures - they would be a great warning for the customers. Also, need to mention that the clean plates stacked at the buffet weren't really clean. They were poorly washed and had somewhat greasy residue. Not a good place to visit, overall. Stay away from this place and go to Ruby Tiuesday across the street instead.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hagerstown, Maryland, United States
“For a buffet this is probably the best I have had on the east coast, seeing how i lived in Vegas home of the buffets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Great selection of food. Salads, main entrees, grill to order steaks, the new grill they have, desserts. I love the crab salad. Not many places can make it without over doing it, Ryans is delish. I even pay to take some home!!!

Visited March 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Good food for a good price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We enjoyed our two-for meal...everyone was very accomodating! Just a short walk from the hotel which gave them a good recommendation.

Visited August 2012