“Enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Martinsburg

You added Hampton Inn Martinsburg to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Martinsburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   975 Foxcroft Avenue, I-81 Exit 12, Martinsburg, WV 25401   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Martinsburg
Charleston, West Virginia
“Enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this Hampton Inn over the weekend of Apple Butter Festival in Berkeley Springs, WV. Was cheerfully greeted by staff upon arrival. Facility is clean and very comfortable. The room was larger than we expected for a standard king room. My only complaint is the bed mattress was too soft, and we tended to roll toward the center of the bed. The breakfast was well prepared and tasty. We will return there when we have to go to Martinsburg.

Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

All my friends love Hampton Inns. We usually travel for our dogs so don't get the opportunity to stay in one. On our way to a wedding in Virginia we stayed at this Hampton. We started out excited that finally we would have theHampton experience.

Seriously, from the lumpy mattress to the rough towels to the horrible lumpy egg breakfast, we were disappointed. Not enamored.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chesterfield, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed 3 nights and found the rooms poorly appointed. There were no towel racks in the bathroom, just two hooks for bath towels, so we had to put the hand towel on the sink counter. The lighting was poor in the bathroom, and the AC was really noisy. When we checked in Jason barely looked at us and didn't seem interested in having us there. Possibly if we had been cordially welcomed, we might have been happier with the room. The lobby is attractive, and the location is good.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that's not right next to the highway.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Madison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Free breakfast, free wi-fi, extremely clean and well-appointed rooms, and wonderful staff. Stayed here during the week for a quick business trip and had a great stay. The room was very clean and looked newly updated. The staff easily accommodated my early arrival without issue and got me into a room right away. The breakfast was typical free breakfast - waffle maker, cereal, oatmeal bar, and some eggs and ham. If I have I return to Martinsburg again, I'll definitely be staying here!

• Stayed September 2013
Cibolo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stay at Hampton because it's a nice clean Hotel and the people are always there if you need something so when I'm out running around the countryside I stay @ Hampton Inn I just wish you offered a Military discount to guys like me, I'm a disabled Veteran ( US Army )

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Rome
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Pleasant staff, room smelled clean, walls were kind of thin (could easily hear tv next door), mattresses could use an update, shower hardware needs replacing - rust showing through caulking. Breakfast area spotless and had a good variety. Priced kind of high - $122/night even with AAA.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Washington, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I travel a lot for work and I particularly tend to enjoy staying at Hilton hotels, not only for the points but because I have a great sleep and their facilities are usually absolutely awesome and they take good care of me. I was a bit disappointed in the fact of staying here this time around.
I was in town for 6 days, staying 5 nights, and I didn't even have a mini-fridge or a microwave in my room. My room was nice, but I felt like that was a bit of a rip-off considering that every other Hampton I've stayed in has had me in rooms with fridge's. So with that, everytime I attempt to use the ice machine on my floor, it never works, so I have to goto another floor. It kind of irritates me that I stay for business, I can't keep anything cold, I can't microwave anything in my room, and to top it off, I can't even get ice on my floor? I don't expect to be pampered by any means necessary, but this is ridiculous.
Aside from those issues (which are big ones to me), the facility is nice. They keep my room clean (never have an issue with their awesome housekeeping departments) and they always have a replenished supply of toiletries I may need as well.
The property is nice, and well taken care of for the most part. The breakfast area is nice and they always have something good for breakfast each morning. The cookies in the evening are nice as well. Staff has been very friendly and offered me bottles of water in the morning while I eat breakfast, which I thought was really nice. I would recommend this hotel if you were staying over night. But for long-term stay, without a fridge, that's not something I would propose, unless you upgrade to the Jacuzzi tub room which has them..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!