“Nice older hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Martinsburg

You added Hampton Inn Martinsburg to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Martinsburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   975 Foxcroft Avenue, I-81 Exit 12, Martinsburg, WV 25401   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Martinsburg
Rome
“Nice older hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Pleasant staff, room smelled clean, walls were kind of thin (could easily hear tv next door), mattresses could use an update, shower hardware needs replacing - rust showing through caulking. Breakfast area spotless and had a good variety. Priced kind of high - $122/night even with AAA.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Washington, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I travel a lot for work and I particularly tend to enjoy staying at Hilton hotels, not only for the points but because I have a great sleep and their facilities are usually absolutely awesome and they take good care of me. I was a bit disappointed in the fact of staying here this time around.
I was in town for 6 days, staying 5 nights, and I didn't even have a mini-fridge or a microwave in my room. My room was nice, but I felt like that was a bit of a rip-off considering that every other Hampton I've stayed in has had me in rooms with fridge's. So with that, everytime I attempt to use the ice machine on my floor, it never works, so I have to goto another floor. It kind of irritates me that I stay for business, I can't keep anything cold, I can't microwave anything in my room, and to top it off, I can't even get ice on my floor? I don't expect to be pampered by any means necessary, but this is ridiculous.
Aside from those issues (which are big ones to me), the facility is nice. They keep my room clean (never have an issue with their awesome housekeeping departments) and they always have a replenished supply of toiletries I may need as well.
The property is nice, and well taken care of for the most part. The breakfast area is nice and they always have something good for breakfast each morning. The cookies in the evening are nice as well. Staff has been very friendly and offered me bottles of water in the morning while I eat breakfast, which I thought was really nice. I would recommend this hotel if you were staying over night. But for long-term stay, without a fridge, that's not something I would propose, unless you upgrade to the Jacuzzi tub room which has them..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Wilmington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We are likely to stay at Hamptons and this one did not disappoint - freshly redone, conveniently located, well maintained. But the superstar was Sharon of the complimentary breakfast staff. She was the equal of any fine dining wait person - welcoming, attentive, and served, yes served, freshly baked sweet rolls. A standout.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Manassas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Liked the hotel. But I thought the cost was high for the location. The breakfeast was ok but for the money it should have been more, higher quality food and more options. The rooms were clean and the staff was nice and helpfull. There are a lot of places to eat near the hotel.. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Martinsburg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel was a very good value for the price. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the breakfast is nice. The front desk and breakfast staff were very friendly and accommodating. The fitness center was well-lit and well-maintained, and, while it had lots of dumbells, it could use a weight machine, too. The location was very convenient (right off of I-81) and well-suited to my needs for this trip. Parking was more than adequate, and numerous nearby restaurants offered many dining options. I have stayed here in the past and will do so, again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Glen Allen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel was very quiet even though right off 81. A mall, restaurants, gas stations were close by. Battlefields, Charles Towne, and Hagerstown were a short drive away. The staff was courteous and helpful for any questions we had.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Fort Worth, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

As you would expect, the room was clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly and accomodating. The standout was the lady working the breakfast area, she made certain we got what we wanted or needed, and was availble without intruding on your breakfast. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!