“Great Experience! Highly recommend this stop!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Martinsburg

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Martinsburg to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Martinsburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   975 Foxcroft Avenue, I-81 Exit 12, Martinsburg, WV 25401   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Martinsburg
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Experience! Highly recommend this stop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was a great hotel. We were there for an event and didn't know much about the area. What a pleasant surprise! It was clear that each employee took pride in their job and the hotel. The result was that you felt like you were at home. I hope I have a reason to be in the area again soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a great stay with no problems. The room was clean, including the bedding. I slept so well I didn't get up in time for the free breakfast! I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Martinsburg area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cheryl P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear phgbballmom,

Thank you so much for that great response. I am so sorry that you missed our complimentary On The House Hot Breakfast because it is delicious - but I am glad the beds were so comfortable that you overslept.

I'm sure we will see you again next year!

Your Hampton Inn Martinsburg Family
West Newton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a pleasant stay with no issues. Staff was pleasant and helpful, hotel was clean, free breakfast is a plus. Located within walking distance of mall, grocery store, numerous restaurants, movie theatre. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. I am sure we will stay again when visiting the Martinsburg area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Cheryl P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Alliesmom11,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us at The Hampton Inn Martinsburg. I am glad that you found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. That is always our number one goal.

Now - you are a part of our Hampton Inn family and we look forward to your next visit.

The team at the Hampton Inn Martinsburg
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have stayed at this property several times and have always been pleased until this last stay. Rooms are starting to look tired, floors in elevator were quite dirty. Several items for breakfast were not replenished or close to being gone when I went down at 830 to eat. We did enjoy the steakhouse right next door for dinner. We used workout room which apparently is being updated as wallpaper missing. One treadmill was out of order and no disinfectant to spray on equipment. The other thing we loved was a washer and dryer being available as we needed it. Next time we will choose another Hampton Inn until this one is refreshed.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cheryl P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Ivorypearlcat1,

Thank you for being so candid in your review of your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Martinsburg.

I apologize that we did not meet your expectations of The Hampton Inn brand and for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Your comments have been shared with all departments so that we can continually work on keeping the property looking clean and fresh.

We have just completed a major renovation of our lobby and breakfast area and are in the final stages of remodeling the fitness center. Hopefully when you return for your next visit we will have updated the sleeping rooms.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Cheryl Potenza
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our 5th stay here-ideally situated off interstate, surrounded by a host of restaurants, shopping etc. Renovated lobby and breakfast area-very nice. Room quality this time not quite excellent as usual, as there was a tar-like substance on the bedside chair that adhered like 'Crazy Glue' to my wife's leg. Ultimately cosmetic make-up remover did the trick. Reaction from the front desk the following morning was indifferent, as I interpreted it. (We had not reported it the night before as we had been on the road for 16hrs and all we wanted to do was sleep!). Will definitely stay here again. Generally we are are extremely satisfied with Hampton Inns.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms renovated. Ask for rooms on side away from interstate.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jab11-11,

Thank you for your honest and candid review of your recent experience with us at the Hampton Inn Martinsburg. It is with feedback such as yours that we know the areas that may need improvement.

I sincerely apologize for your inconveneince. I wish all stays could be perfect but it is clear that yours was less than perfect. I am glad that you have been with us before which means you know the quality of our work. This was an isolated incidemt and it will not be repeated.

Your comments have been shared with the housekeeping team and the front desk to ensure that we never receive another review of this type.

I thank you for saying that you will visit with us again in the future. I look forward to meeting you and ensuring that your future stays are better.

Cheryl Potenza
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very easy to get to the hotel off of I-81. Beds are comfortable, and large enough room.

We went to the Greek Restaurant just down the road. The hotel gave us a coupon for a 10% discount. Breakfast was good also, hot items.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Beachgirl2301,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us at the Hampton Inn Martinsburg. We are excited to hear that you had not just a great stay BUT also 2 great meals!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Your Hampton Inn Martinsburg Family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I checked in very "early" this past Sunday morning... Our bill said it was exactly 1:00AM. Our room was fantastic - clean, well lit, fresh, and even the air temperature was excellent as soon as we walked in - no adjustments necessary. The only recommendation I would make is for the chain to upgrade their pillow size. The comfort level was fantastic, but the length was lacking. I'm a side sleeper and couldn't keep my head on the pillow and one arm wrapped around the end of it at the same time. I made a few adjustments and fell asleep despite this oddity, so my sleep quality was still excellent. Sunday morning hot breakfast was quiet - only 2 or 3 other tables when we arrived at 7:45. The food was fresh and plentiful, and the service in the breakfast room and at the front desk was refreshing; friendly and helpful but not overbearing. We only live 30 minutes from this hotel, so it will definitely be a solid recommendation whenever friends and family come to the area to visit. I must say, the per diem rate caught me by surprise - it was $6 higher in WV than in Winchester, VA. The small difference was not a big deal, given the quality - just something I wasn't expecting.

• Stayed March 2013
Cheryl P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
JessicaMarie1984,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us this past weekend. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay despite the issues with the pillows. I have shared your comments with the entire staff and I will brainstorm with my Executive Housekeeper for a resolution. I too understand the need for a comfortable pillow so trust me - we are on it! As far as the rates - we try to stay competitive with similar hotels in the Martinsburg area and always offer discounts for AAA and AARP. I am glad that even though it was higher than expected - that the quality of the hotel and amenities made up for that.

We look forward to having you and your family with us again soon.

The Hampton Inn Martinsburg Team

Been to Hampton Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!