“needs updating” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Martinsburg to your Saves list
Booking.com Priceline.com
Hampton Inn Martinsburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   975 Foxcroft Avenue, I-81 Exit 12, Martinsburg, WV 25401   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Martinsburg
Charlotte, North Carolina
“needs updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have stayed at this property several times and have always been pleased until this last stay. Rooms are starting to look tired, floors in elevator were quite dirty. Several items for breakfast were not replenished or close to being gone when I went down at 830 to eat. We did enjoy the steakhouse right next door for dinner. We used workout room which apparently is being updated as wallpaper missing. One treadmill was out of order and no disinfectant to spray on equipment. The other thing we loved was a washer and dryer being available as we needed it. Next time we will choose another Hampton Inn until this one is refreshed.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cheryl P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Ivorypearlcat1,

Thank you for being so candid in your review of your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Martinsburg.

I apologize that we did not meet your expectations of The Hampton Inn brand and for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Your comments have been shared with all departments so that we can continually work on keeping the property looking clean and fresh.

We have just completed a major renovation of our lobby and breakfast area and are in the final stages of remodeling the fitness center. Hopefully when you return for your next visit we will have updated the sleeping rooms.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Cheryl Potenza

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our 5th stay here-ideally situated off interstate, surrounded by a host of restaurants, shopping etc. Renovated lobby and breakfast area-very nice. Room quality this time not quite excellent as usual, as there was a tar-like substance on the bedside chair that adhered like 'Crazy Glue' to my wife's leg. Ultimately cosmetic make-up remover did the trick. Reaction from the front desk the following morning was indifferent, as I interpreted it. (We had not reported it the night before as we had been on the road for 16hrs and all we wanted to do was sleep!). Will definitely stay here again. Generally we are are extremely satisfied with Hampton Inns.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms renovated. Ask for rooms on side away from interstate.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jab11-11,

Thank you for your honest and candid review of your recent experience with us at the Hampton Inn Martinsburg. It is with feedback such as yours that we know the areas that may need improvement.

I sincerely apologize for your inconveneince. I wish all stays could be perfect but it is clear that yours was less than perfect. I am glad that you have been with us before which means you know the quality of our work. This was an isolated incidemt and it will not be repeated.

Your comments have been shared with the housekeeping team and the front desk to ensure that we never receive another review of this type.

I thank you for saying that you will visit with us again in the future. I look forward to meeting you and ensuring that your future stays are better.

Cheryl Potenza
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very easy to get to the hotel off of I-81. Beds are comfortable, and large enough room.

We went to the Greek Restaurant just down the road. The hotel gave us a coupon for a 10% discount. Breakfast was good also, hot items.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Beachgirl2301,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us at the Hampton Inn Martinsburg. We are excited to hear that you had not just a great stay BUT also 2 great meals!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Your Hampton Inn Martinsburg Family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I checked in very "early" this past Sunday morning... Our bill said it was exactly 1:00AM. Our room was fantastic - clean, well lit, fresh, and even the air temperature was excellent as soon as we walked in - no adjustments necessary. The only recommendation I would make is for the chain to upgrade their pillow size. The comfort level was fantastic, but the length was lacking. I'm a side sleeper and couldn't keep my head on the pillow and one arm wrapped around the end of it at the same time. I made a few adjustments and fell asleep despite this oddity, so my sleep quality was still excellent. Sunday morning hot breakfast was quiet - only 2 or 3 other tables when we arrived at 7:45. The food was fresh and plentiful, and the service in the breakfast room and at the front desk was refreshing; friendly and helpful but not overbearing. We only live 30 minutes from this hotel, so it will definitely be a solid recommendation whenever friends and family come to the area to visit. I must say, the per diem rate caught me by surprise - it was $6 higher in WV than in Winchester, VA. The small difference was not a big deal, given the quality - just something I wasn't expecting.

• Stayed March 2013
Cheryl P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
JessicaMarie1984,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us this past weekend. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay despite the issues with the pillows. I have shared your comments with the entire staff and I will brainstorm with my Executive Housekeeper for a resolution. I too understand the need for a comfortable pillow so trust me - we are on it! As far as the rates - we try to stay competitive with similar hotels in the Martinsburg area and always offer discounts for AAA and AARP. I am glad that even though it was higher than expected - that the quality of the hotel and amenities made up for that.

We look forward to having you and your family with us again soon.

Stoneham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here in March 2013. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Our room and bathroom seem to have been recently rennovated. The bathroom was spacious. They even thought to install extra outlets near the beds for all those electronics that need recharging. The breakfast included eggs, sausage, hash browns, fruit, waffles, breads, bagels and much more. Couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
MarleneC,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to share with the Tripadvisor community your experience when you were in Martinsburg. Our staff takes great pride in our hotel and we love to welcome all of our guests into our little family. Your comments couldn't have been nicer and we are glad that you enjoyed yourself while you were here. It sounds like we have made guests for life! We'll see you the next time that you are here.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

New common area for breakfast improved a already great hotel. You will not be dissappointed .easy on and off highway.for you chic fil a fans there is one next door. The break fast has everything plus a waffle maker

• Stayed March 2013
Lameass,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay - and glad you enjoyed the waffles. We look forward to you visiting us again and again and again. You are now part of the Hampton Inn Martinsburg family!

Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The hotel was remodeling their lobby. No problem. The workers were very nice. I received a renovated room on the 4th floor & my stay was excellent! I highly recommend this hotel! Clean, quiet and a friendly staff. The headboard of the bed had a preprinted post it note stating, "Duvet Covers & Sheet Are Cleaned For Your Arrival." What a relief that a hotel has recognized that customers know about the many hotels who rarely change their bed covers. Kudos to this Hampton Inn!

I also liked that coffee and tea are available in the lobby at all hours of the day.

Though there are A LOT of chain restaurants in this area, there is a wonderful 24 hour super market (Martin's Food Market) near the hotel if you need to grab some food or get some emergency items you have forgotten to pack.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. But all rooms should be renovated soon. Corner rooms at the end of the h...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cheryl P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear CW,

WOW! Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with us at The Hampton Inn Martinsburg. It makes us feel great that you enjoyed your stay so much that you would take the time to share the experience.

I am glad to know that the renovations did not hinder your stay. We are so excited for the completion - we know that it is going to look fantastic.

We hope to see you again soon!

Your Hampton Inn Family

Been to Hampton Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!