“Great stay HI - Martinsburg” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Martinsburg
“Great stay HI - Martinsburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

One night stay at this Holiday Inn in Martinsburg, WV. Arrived around 11:00 pm. Staff person working desk was very friendly and helpful. She even escorted me to the exhibitor/workshop area for my meeting scheduled for the next day so I could drop off materials rather than take them to my room. Lobby was inviting with comfortable seating areas and a flat screen tv mounted to the wall. Guest room was a good size with a very comfortable bed. Microwave and fridge available in the room. Room and bathroom appeared very clean and in good repair. Appeared to be recently updated. Was not here long enough to access other hotel amenities. Would definitely stay here again when in the area. Easy access from highway and located near shops and restaurants as well as gas/convenience stores.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Martinsburg WV for close to a week.

The location is very convenent, just off I-81, I think exit 13, W. King Street.. It's close to everything, a mall 1-2 minutes drive down the street on Foxcroft, Cracker Barrel, Applebees, Outback, Wal-mart etc. down near the mall also. Within 1-2 minutes walking distance from the hotel, you'll also find, a Kobe's Japanese restaurant, Shoney's, Burger King and a few gas stations as well. Plenty of parking, well lit, seems relatively safe all around. One might hear a little highway noise from their room but it didn't bother me.

They have an indoor pool that looked good, on floor #2, also a nice large exercise room with 2 treadmills, a few free weights, a couple other machines and weight machines. Plus a small laundry area on the 2nd floor.

The main floor is Floor #3, the restaurant and bar are there. Others thought the restaurant was great but I only ate there once.

The room was nice, slightly on the small size, but fine. My room had two Full size mattresses, a desk, tv, fridge, microwave etc. Bathroom was small but clean. Soap was high quality, towels were thick and very nice. Water was instantly hot which was a plus. Water itself was a little harder than I'm used to, so it took a little longer for the soap to rinse off. The room seemed clean, the mattress was extra firm and pillows as well.

Advice: Be a little careful at the stoplight going out to the highway, at the corner of W. King Street and Foxcroft. It doesn't look like a dangerous intersection at all but I saw some bad accidents while there. I don't know the details but saw a small car about 50% crushed and a firetruck blocked off the road for some time. This was around noon on a Wednesday I believe. Also the fire dept. came to the hotel twice while I was there, I guess someone pulled the firealarm.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Cabot, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

We were at this Hotel for 5 days each day the room was serviced as expected and all supplies were replaced. The Pool was claean and plesant. The staff was friendely and the food was better that Hotel food. All in All the Stay was very good.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Bow, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

Very nice new hotel just off the highway in West Virginia. While a road trip recently we stopped here... standard Holiday Inn rooms but everything was new, so it had a nice feel... Aside from some cranky staff at the front desk, the hotel was a good choice to stop for a night after hours of driving.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2008

We just came back from a out of town trip to Martinsburg, WV. We were there for a wedding. The wedding was at 2pm which is before check in. Thanks to the hotel staff we were able to check in prior to that to have time to freshen up and get dressed for the wedding. The room was very clean, and had just been renovated. We had all the necessaries, microwave, refrigerator coffee maker, iron ironing board, hair dryer, toiletries. Nice king size bed.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dothan, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

I redeemed my hotel points for a free night's stay at this hotel, and what a nice place to stay! This hotel is brand spankin' new and seems to provide everything you'll need. It would be a great place for a weekend getaway, but I was only there for one night, really used it as a resting spot on a long road trip from VA to RI.

Anyway, the room was spotless. Nice bathroom. Love the mint-scented shampoo and soap (my favorite!). Room has a microwave and fridge.

The only odd thing about the room we found is the industrial-sized and heavy ironing board. Whoa! A little clunky!

VERY comfortable beds ... I think it's the only really good night's sleep I could get on the trip!!

If I had stayed longer, I could have gone in their pool on the 2nd floor, but unfortunately, time did not permit. It looked so inviting!!

I did visit Harpers Ferry, WV, which is about 30 minutes away from the hotel while we were there. Get directions at the desk (like I did) if you are venturing into Harpers Ferry from the hotel. It's a good drive away from the hotel, and can be a little tricky. I completely missed the sign for the "Main Street" part of Harpers Ferry (it's across from the Harpers Ferry National Park) - went a little too far and ended up back in Virginia for a minute.

Anyway, the only negative thing I could point to on this hotel is that it's kind of just by itself in a parking lot. There's no outdoor ambiance to be had. But, the upside of that is that it is on a street that has everything else you might need during a trip - including a Walmart, a mall, a Waffle House I believe it is, and also a Cracker Barrel (where we ate).

The hotel does have a restaurant inside ... which looked nice. I didn't eat there. And, it looks like the hotel has at least one computer available for guest to check email, etc. right near the lobby. (There may be more available, I didn't use one). Internet service also provided in rooms if you bring your laptop.

Lovely place!

• Liked — The whole hotel is spotless. It maybe one of the few you'll find that is even better than its photos on the website!
  • Disliked — It's built in an odd spot, just seems to be out in a parking lot on a hill. Lobby technically on 3rd floor, pool was on 2nd and room was on 1st.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Midlothian, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

We just returned from a trip which included an overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Martinsburg. The hotel is quite impressive. The lobby is huge and neat. The check-in was smooth and friendly. Our room was neat and well stocked with towels. The towel quality was very good -- not the typical hotel thin towels, but very thick absorbent towels One of the nicer features is the pillow menu you can choose from. There were four different types of pillows to choose from if you want. My wife really appreciated the U-shaped pillow for neck support. Even nicer was the fact that the staff member who brought the pillows to our room refused to accept a tip offered for this service.

Breakfast in the morning was buffet style with a choice of fruit, muffins, eggs, pancakes, french toast, sausage and bacon. Although not included in the room rate, the price (5.25) was certainly reasonable for what you receive. Even though we didn't get a chance to use it, the indoor pool (which can be seen from the dining area) was HUGE, especially by hotel standards.

All in all, it was a great, if breif, stay. We are now planning on returning to Martinsburg to explore the area and look forward to staying here again. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Martinsburg area.

• Liked — The pillow menu to let you choose the type of pillow.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!