“Little League Softball Team” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Martinsburg
“Little League Softball Team”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed here for seven days with a team full of 9/10 year old girls. Staff were great. Laundry facilities were inexpensive. Breakfast each morning was great. They were very accommodating. Would stay here again. Nice group accommodations.

Stayed July 2014
HolidayInnMRBWV, Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
@Kristen B: Thank you so much for your business at the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg. We were thrilled to have your team stay at our location during the tournament nearby. We appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your experience and the kind words you provided. We hope that you will choose us the next time you travel to Martinsburg.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Apex, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is my number one pick for a hotel stay while traveling the I-81 corridor. It is always quiet, clean & comfortable. The stay here in June was my third this year so far. The staff is most accommodating when you need to stay an extra day or two unexpectedly due to illness or other issues. This happened to my family on our stay in May. All staff from the front desk to the housekeeping dept. were very helpful and checked in with us periodically to see if we needed any further assistance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
@charolette I: Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg during your travels again this month. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to seeing you again many times in the future. Thank you for your kind words about the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg and telling others about your experiences. We hope that you have safe travels and come see us again very soon!
Philly
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Never thought a hotel could be accused of being bi-polar. Facility seems to have been renovated in the room area from some prior existing chain. Rooms are all up to date. I say renovated since it appears after rooms were updated, curtains were re-installed and were done incorrectly. Dont need a diploma to figure out how to install a drape, do you?? There's a new portion of the building added out one end with a modern lobby, restaurant and pool. Modern, clean decor. Staff? Hmmm whata mess. Everyone seemed nice enough, for sure, but competent? I called in advance since I noted in reviews and location the proximity to the highway. I asked for a quiet location and spelled that out to the helpful rep - away from the highway, non connecting room. Rep described all rooms as potential for highway noise since the hotel was "parallel" to the road (ahem, they meant perpendicular, but I digress). When I arrived I got exactly what I didnt want (??) a high numbered room (closest to the road) and connecting. So we were changed. See below for room selection advice. Then to check out I wanted to combine credit cards and no one I dealt with was competent enough to manage it, until finally got a manager involved. Location to highway, gas and restaurants for travelers i nice. Not much else to Martinsburg from what I could tell. Total mixed bag, so perhaps you'll have better luck.

Room Tip: lower levels, low numbered 'odd' numbers I would say are your best bet to avoid highway nois...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnMRBWV, Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
@HikingTom: Thank you for recently choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg, WV. We appreciate your feedback and have passed your thoughts along to our desk agents. We have had several transitions with our desk staff lately and are working through getting everyone fully trained. Our entire staff tries to meet as many guest requests as possible, but apologize that your original room was unsatisfactory. I am glad that you were able to relax in your room once on the 3rd floor and appreciate your travel tips to everyone else. We hope that you will join us again in the future so that we may show our improvement. Thank you again for your business!
Citrus Heights, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

There are a lot of things that go into picking a hotel to stay at. My personal criteria is simple: a clean room, a roof over my head, a shower, and a bed to sleep in. During a much heated debate on "where to stay" for a massive family exodus (we were traveling to Martinsburg for a wedding of which most of the wedding guests had to travel from California), it was decided that this hotel will be ground zero for the guests of this wedding. We could not have picked a better hotel. The location did happen to be close to the wedding but it was also in a great location within the city. It is close to several food locations, close to the freeway so you can get your "sight seeing" on, and if you really felt like it you could go shopping at the mall that is a stones throw away. The rooms were clean and the service staff was wonderful. Whenever I encountered any of them, they would make sure that I had everything I needed. The little restaurant that was in the hotel was nice and the staff were fun to talk to. I recommend the Sunday Brunch. Its a little more expensive than the standard breakfast and lunch but you get a wider selection of food including fresh made waffles, fried chicken, BBQ ribs and some other nice food assortments that you will have to go there to see for yourself. The room I had was a "2 room suite" which was perfect for my use. I had regular guests (other people attending the wedding) that would stop in and go over various things for the wedding (car pool, rehearsal dinner plans, etc.) and the separate space between my bedroom and this "sitting room" was perfect. I honestly don't know if I will ever have the opportunity to go back East anytime soon, but I do know that I will be staying at this hotel if it is possible.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
@Britton S: Thank you so much for making the Holiday Inn - Martinaburg a part of the wedding weekend! We are thrilled that you enjoyed the time in our area. Thank you for all of your kind words about the property and the staff. We hope that you will join us again the next time your travels bring you to Martinsburg.

Have a great 4th of July!
Raleigh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The only 3 star hotel I could find in Martinsburg was the Holiday Inn which they advertise as a quaint, quiet hotel in a small city. It was on I-81 and the noise from the interstate truck traffic was horrific.

My room smelled of musty A/C and the room service food, was, well, enough to keep me up all night.

I guess families traveling on summer vacation can put up with this, but it is anything but a business hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
@Michael R: Thank you for choosing our hotel while traveling to our area. I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. Our entire management team reviews each of these surveys so that we can provide better levels of quality and service for our guests. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and alerting us on how we can improve.

Hope you and your family have a great holiday weekend!
NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

After driving the Blue Ridge Parkway and part of the Skyline, we needed to find a hotel that had a room for us and my friend's two dogs. The Holiday Inn fit the bill; the room was clean and we were put on the floor where the lobby was located, which helped with the dogs.
The only suggestion I can make is to call the hotel directly, as trying to book through the Holiday Inn main number was nearly impossible. Part of the problem was using a cell phone while traveling, which meant being cut off repeatedly, but kudos to the customer service guy who called back several times to make our reservation. He ultimately was cut off for good, but he sure did try.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
@parrotheadnica: Thank you for recently stopping to stay at the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg, WV. We are thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our property being pet friendly during your travels near the Blue Ridge Parkway. Thanks again for the feedback about our central reservations office and we invite all travelers to call us directly so we can personally secure a reservation at our hotel. Guests can contact us directly by calling 304-267-5500 24 hours a day. Thanks again for your feedback and for your travel tip!

Enjoy your summer,

Colin Hitt
Guest Services Manager
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I reviewed this property last fall. At that time I said it needed a complete makeover. Nothing has been done. The air in the halls are stifling. They do not pump A/C into the halls. Trying to save $? Hardly anyone eats in the restaurant either. Either new ownership or new management is necessary. I'm guessing it's the ownership, because management wouldn't make it so uncomfortable for guests. We had such a sweet young lady at check-in, too. It's a shame they are letting this property go as they have.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
@Lorraine B: Thank you for being an such a loyal IHG Rewards Member and for choosing to stay with us again. We appreciate your kind words about our front desk agent during the check-in process. Our guests comfort and satisfaction are the top priorities for our team. The entire management staff is working diligently to address some of the capital items that you pointed out in your reviews. We are pushing to make some of these improvements over the course of the 2014 year. Our team has been focusing our efforts on the replacement of our vinyl wallpaper and the eventual replacement of the hallway / guest room carpet. We can you that we will not stop there and will continue to find other ways to improve upon the levels of quality and service offered at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and your loyalty to the IHG brands.

Colin Hitt
Guest Services Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!