“Jerry's Wedding” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Martinsburg
District Heights, Maryland
“Jerry's Wedding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

For the cost of the room, I thought it should have been nicer. The hotel itself was clean but the posittioning of the TV was crazy. The bar and restaurant should have been open later. !!

My family member who had gotten married that day gave me a tour of the "SUITE" with the hot tub or whatever it was suppose to be. Tacky!!!!!!The young man who provided room service was wonderful. Very nice polite and informative in providing directions. Way to go BRANDON. Thanks once again.
Please fix those hotel luggage carts oh my!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
@mcb20020: Thank you for recently staying at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg, WV. I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay. I apologize that you did not find our hotel as accommodating as others. I have reviewed your comments about the position of the furniture and our restaurant / lounge hours with the hotel General Manager and owner. We have since repaired one of our luggage carts after being notified by another guest. Thanks again for staying at our Inn and we hope that you will join us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Manning, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have been trying to give hotels a good rating based on my stay, but as of lately I will be rating them and commenting on the equipment. This hotel for the most part was clean, the first floor room was not as nice as the room we stayed in before ,i give the a overall 8,but the hotel luggage carts is shameful for them they are receiving a average rating, I suggest you bring your own

Room Tip: Bring your own luggage cart
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
@William J: Thank you for recently staying at the Holiday Inn and your continued loyalty to our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay. I apologize that you did not enjoy your visit as much as the last time, but am glad you found the majority of your stay to be a pleasant one. Thanks for pointing out the cleanliness of our property - our housekeeping department works very hard keeping up with our property. Please note, we recently repaired one of our luggage carts - perhaps this was the one that presented those challenges for you. Your comments and feedback have been passed along to our upper management and ownership. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stay at the Holiday Inn in Martinsburg a few times a year for work. Consistently clean and comfortable rooms and friendly staff. Rooms are generously sized, with good quality linens. Water pressure in the shower was fantastic (especially since my water pressure at home is on the weak side). Only down side to my stay was a disappointing experience with the on site restaurant. The food is average at best. Conference center does a nice job and staff for those events have been friendly and helpful. Great government rate on rooms. Location is easy to access and near a Wal-Mart and other stores.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
@NCinWV: Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stays at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg. We appreciate your continued business and for staying with us each time you are in town. Thank you for the generous compliments about our rooms and the staff. I have passed your comments along to our Food and Beverage Director so that they can be reviewed and corrected for future stays. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg - we look forward to hosting you again!
wv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The workers at the front desk need some training in Customer Relations because they were not very friendly or accommodating to my requests.I requested the top floor and when they gave me my key it was for the second floor I told them that I wanted the top floor and they gave me the 3rd floor but the hotel has 5 floors..Also there is no recognition for being a priority rewards platinum member. The room was clean and good size there but is no free breakfast because they have a restaurant on sight.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
@cainrcc: Thank you for recently staying at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg and being an IHG Platinum Rewards Member. We appreciate your continued loyalty to the IHG Brands and for taking the time to tell us about your experiences at our hotel. I apologize that you were not greeted with the typical level of service that we offer at our Inn. I will be reveiwing your comments with the entire guest services department so that we can correct any issues for future stays. Also, I apologize that we were unable to meet your floor preference requests upon checkin. All of our front desk agents are trained to try to meet guest requests if available. I will also review this policy with them to make sure there are no questions. I hope that you will join us again so that we can make a better impression on you the second time. Please contact me, Colin Hitt, Guest Services Manager, so that I can personally secure your reservation for you. Thanks again for your feedback and for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg for your stay.
Winterville, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We spent 2 nights at this hotel the first week of August. We had our 2 dogs with us, so were on the ground floor in the back. There was no a/c in the hallways, and they were damp and hot. In the room itself, everything felt damp and clammy - the rugs, chair and bedding. It did not smell good. Breakfast was delivered on time and hot. Courteous service. But won't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
@ Trod R: Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay at our Inn. I apologize that your room was not up to our typical level of satisfaction. Your comments have been passed along to the entire management staff so that we can improve in the future. I hope that you will give us another chance during an upcoming visit. Have a great weekend!
Baton Rouge, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stopped here for the night while traveling up I-81. It's an old-style Holiday Inn, not a Holiday Inn Express. It's just off the interstate and close to a variety of restaurants, in a pleasant part of town. The front desk person (the night of July 4) was capable and friendly and the room was fine.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
@museumgoer: Thanks for stopping in to stay with us at the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg, WV. We are glad that you found the hotel to be easily accessible from I-81 and that everything went well with your stay. Please stop by again in the future during your travels. We would love to have you stay with us again!
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is my choice hotel when traveling for business in this area. But if I were on a vacation with my family, my preference wouldn't change for this hotel. This Holiday Inn is well kept with friendly staff, clean rooms, pool, etc. The restaurant and lounge add the extra to the stay especially if you have had a long day. Great location just off the highway with plenty of resources within a mile.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
@Mike S: Thanks again for your continued business and loyalty to the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg, WV. We appreciate your kind words and are thrilled that you love staying with us, whether for work or recreation. We look forward to hosting you again very soon. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg, WV.

Been to Holiday Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!