“Nice touches of comfort, very clean” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Martinsburg
Dallas, North Carolina, USA
“Nice touches of comfort, very clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Very nice, clean room. Good smell when you walk into the room. Comfortable beds, nice linens, you have your choice of firm or soft pillows which I thought was a nice touch. The towels in the bathroom were very soft! I looked at the tag because I wanted to see if I could get some. They were "Holiday Inn Towel Collection" lol. I'm a sucker for the little creature comforts, cleanliness, and smells. I always look for hairs & mildew in the bathroom - I found the bathroom and shower/tub to be very clean.
The clerk was able to accommodate my request for a room near an entrance because I had people in my party who can't walk very far.
The only drawback was that there was no ice machine on the hall. I had to walk to the other end of the hallway, take the elevator to the 3rd floor (off the lobby) to get to the only ice machine. Not convenient at all!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
@ Melissa G: Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg for your recent stay. We appreciate your business and want to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the comfort / cleanliness of the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg. I am sorry that we did not have an Ice Machine on the floor in which you stayed. On your next stay, I would recommend that you request to be on either the 3rd, 4th, or 5th floors (all of which have an ice machine) as a means to correct that inconvenience. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg. Have a great weekend.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Las Vegas, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here because our grand daughter wanted to have her wedding and reception here. I must say that the wedding and reception were nicely done. The rooms at this hotel are very nice and roomy with large TVs and a good selection of stations. I did not used the wired internet service but the wireless was very poor. I might have been the location of the room as we were a long ways from the office but I feel it should have worked better. The biggest downside to this stay was the morning buffet. While the price was fair the food was not. We ate towards the end of the breakfast buffet time and some items were no longer available and the eggs were cold. We asked our server about the poor selection and was told that they make a set amount of each item and when it's gone, its gone. I would recommend that you eat elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
@Norm_Nice_Guy: Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg for your recent stay. I am glad that we could be a part of your granddaughters special weekend. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback so that we can improve our quality and service in the future. Thanks again for staying with us - we look forward to hosting you again soon.
Star City, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have been using this property for a number of years for business. I sponsor a Suicide Prevention Workshop and have over 100 participants in attendance. The staff starting with Ms. Sandy Rideour, Director of Sales and Catering who takes care of all of our needs and makes our staff truly outstanding, excellent professional. The next staff person was the IT person, Matt. One of the kindest people you want to meet when you putting on a workshop. He was very helpful in making sure all of our IT needs were met. The front desk staff very kind, staff in the restaurant were also very professional. Whomever trains these folks has done an outstanding job along with the hiring.

Room Tip: If you plan on using the pool you may want to stay on the second floor, especially if you have child...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
@Godfather26: Thank you for continually choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg for your events. We truly appreciate all of your business. Thanks for the kind words about the entire staff here at the Holiday Inn. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to each department. We look forward to hosting your group back in the future. Have a great week!!!
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. I slept well because the bed was comfortable and the surroundings were so quiet. We made a last minute request to accomodate last minute guests. The staff did their best to make us comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
@ Terry T: Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg. I appreciate the kind words about our friendly staff. They truly work really hard to ensure that the rooms are clean and as many special requests are made. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed there for business purposes. Breakfast is good, spacious parking, bed are not as comfortable as other Hiltons but you have a choice of pillows: soft or firm. Just don't get thirsty in the middle of the night if toy don't have cash for the vending maching. That obviously happened to me and went to the front desk to see my options and for my surprise the overnight agent stated "well, there's nothing you can do". Long story short, I ended up drinking water from the bathroom sink. I would stay again because of my loyalty to the company. Overall, is the perfect hotel to stay because is really close to my clients in west Virginia.

• Stayed May 2013
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
@Romero-Peraza: Thank you for your continued business staying with us at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg and your loyalty to the Holiday Inn brand. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay and am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and spacious parking lots. We appreciate your feedback and I apologize if our staff member did not use the best response when speaking to you about your thirst. We will address this with the front desk staff so that we can provide a better level of customer service in the future. Please note that Holiday Inn is a member of the Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) and not the Hilton brand as you noted in your survey. Thanks again for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We hope that you will choose us again in the future.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Because it has a large event wing, this hotel can get quite full and busy. We stayed over a weekend when a wedding reception occurred, with many guests also staying at the hotel. We had also scheduled a family dinner for 12 in Heatherfield's the on site restaurant. I must say that I was entirely satisfied that there is no decrease in service to guests both in the hotel and restaurant due to full capacity. Service and food were both excellent, and the staff couldn't have been any more accommodating. Beginning with Colin, Manager, and all others we encountered, we received caring service. Matt, Food and Beverage Manager, was extremely helpful in planning our event. They served a celebratory dessert that we had brought in earlier and given to Brandon, a polite and professional restaurant employee. The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. The well-instructed staff are uniformly pleasant and helpful. As we stayed for multiple days, our room staff even checked about our needs. The towels are thick and soft enough. Minor things I would have changed would be having two-ply t.p., a different fragrance of soap, and refill of the free coffee in the morning near the restaurant more frequently, although there is also coffee-making equipment in each room. None of these prevents me from giving this hotel highest marks for great service and their desire to meet my needs.

Room Tip: Some road noise from I-81 the farther down the corridor the room is located.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
@KayRuth: Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay / meals at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg. We are happy that we could be a part of your special weekend here in Martinsburg. Also, thank you for the comments of ways that we can improve our guest satisfaction here at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg. I will be sure to share those comments in our next manager meeting. Next time your in the area, call me, Colin Hitt (Guest Services Manager) so that I can personally secure your reservation for you. We look forward to hosting you again! Have a great week!!!
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is the nicest friendlyist hotel in Martinsburg.. The Staff is wonderful and very helpful.. They have very clean rooms and good food.. The bartender is one of the nicest people I had met. My sister and I go down every November for a craft show and always stay here.. Highly recomend this place!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
@ Betty H: Thank you for your continued business over the years here at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg, WV. We appreciate having you as our guest. Also, we are glad that you love staying at our property and look forward to hosting you more in the future. It is always nice to read such kind words about our hotel and staff. I will pass this along to the other management to give kudos to the entire staff. Please feel free to contact me directly, Colin Hitt - Guest Services Manager, so that I can personally make your next reservation for you. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg, WV.

Been to Holiday Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!