“The staff was friendly and helpful.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Martinsburg
Fairfax, Virginia
“The staff was friendly and helpful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. I slept well because the bed was comfortable and the surroundings were so quiet. We made a last minute request to accomodate last minute guests. The staff did their best to make us comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
@ Terry T: Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg. I appreciate the kind words about our friendly staff. They truly work really hard to ensure that the rooms are clean and as many special requests are made. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed there for business purposes. Breakfast is good, spacious parking, bed are not as comfortable as other Hiltons but you have a choice of pillows: soft or firm. Just don't get thirsty in the middle of the night if toy don't have cash for the vending maching. That obviously happened to me and went to the front desk to see my options and for my surprise the overnight agent stated "well, there's nothing you can do". Long story short, I ended up drinking water from the bathroom sink. I would stay again because of my loyalty to the company. Overall, is the perfect hotel to stay because is really close to my clients in west Virginia.

• Stayed May 2013
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
@Romero-Peraza: Thank you for your continued business staying with us at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg and your loyalty to the Holiday Inn brand. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay and am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and spacious parking lots. We appreciate your feedback and I apologize if our staff member did not use the best response when speaking to you about your thirst. We will address this with the front desk staff so that we can provide a better level of customer service in the future. Please note that Holiday Inn is a member of the Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) and not the Hilton brand as you noted in your survey. Thanks again for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We hope that you will choose us again in the future.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Because it has a large event wing, this hotel can get quite full and busy. We stayed over a weekend when a wedding reception occurred, with many guests also staying at the hotel. We had also scheduled a family dinner for 12 in Heatherfield's the on site restaurant. I must say that I was entirely satisfied that there is no decrease in service to guests both in the hotel and restaurant due to full capacity. Service and food were both excellent, and the staff couldn't have been any more accommodating. Beginning with Colin, Manager, and all others we encountered, we received caring service. Matt, Food and Beverage Manager, was extremely helpful in planning our event. They served a celebratory dessert that we had brought in earlier and given to Brandon, a polite and professional restaurant employee. The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. The well-instructed staff are uniformly pleasant and helpful. As we stayed for multiple days, our room staff even checked about our needs. The towels are thick and soft enough. Minor things I would have changed would be having two-ply t.p., a different fragrance of soap, and refill of the free coffee in the morning near the restaurant more frequently, although there is also coffee-making equipment in each room. None of these prevents me from giving this hotel highest marks for great service and their desire to meet my needs.

Room Tip: Some road noise from I-81 the farther down the corridor the room is located.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
@KayRuth: Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay / meals at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg. We are happy that we could be a part of your special weekend here in Martinsburg. Also, thank you for the comments of ways that we can improve our guest satisfaction here at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg. I will be sure to share those comments in our next manager meeting. Next time your in the area, call me, Colin Hitt (Guest Services Manager) so that I can personally secure your reservation for you. We look forward to hosting you again! Have a great week!!!
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is the nicest friendlyist hotel in Martinsburg.. The Staff is wonderful and very helpful.. They have very clean rooms and good food.. The bartender is one of the nicest people I had met. My sister and I go down every November for a craft show and always stay here.. Highly recomend this place!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
@ Betty H: Thank you for your continued business over the years here at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg, WV. We appreciate having you as our guest. Also, we are glad that you love staying at our property and look forward to hosting you more in the future. It is always nice to read such kind words about our hotel and staff. I will pass this along to the other management to give kudos to the entire staff. Please feel free to contact me directly, Colin Hitt - Guest Services Manager, so that I can personally make your next reservation for you. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg, WV.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Here one night for business. Colin was very friendly and helpful at check-in. Other staff were friendly and professional as well. Room was very large though the bathroom was a bit small. Comfortable bed, good quality linens. Clean and comfortable. Great location just off I-81 with shops and restaurants close by. Top pick for when I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
@NCinWV: Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg, WV for your stay. I greatly appreciate your kind words in reference to the staff here at the Holiday Inn. We hope that you will choose our hotel the next time your going to be in our area. Please call me directly - Colin Hitt - Guest Services Manager so that I can personally secure your next reservation. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg.
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I had just recently stayed here (3/27) in order to be in the location for an education job interview. From the second we pulled off of I-81, it was in a great location. Directly off of the interstate there is a few restaurants, gas stations, and hotels. Its a few miles from down town Martinsburg, and it really is a great stop whether your staying in the area for a few days, or if your here for an overnight traveling to your next destination. The hotel was quiet, clean and everyone was very genuine. The bed was comfortable, the pool was nice and the breakfast area was nice. The rooms were clean and quaint. I would definitely recommend staying here for any future stays. The staff will do their best to take care of you. I definitely would be back again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
@CHRISTOPHER W: Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Martinsburg, WV for your recent stay with your girlfriend. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel property and look forward to serving you again in the future. I am glad you loved our close proximity to all of the restaurants, shopping, and service stations. Also, we always enjoy hosting people that are potentially moving to our area for work or recreation. Please contact me, Colin Hitt, Guest Services Manager at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg, WV so that I can personally secure your next reservation with us. Thanks again and have an awesome weekend!
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I had stayed here previously and again we were delighted with the service, cleanliness and especially the restaurant. The chef has been there 10 years and produces some wonderful meals for being a motel dining room. All the employees are most helpful and extremely friendly. A great place to stay and right off the interstate. We recommend this motel highly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnMRBWV, Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
@ Robert A: Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg, WV during your travels. We appreciate you taking the time to complete our review and all the kind words about our property. I am glad that you and your wife loved staying with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future. If you need assistance with a future reservation - please contact me directly, Colin Hitt, Guest Services Manager at the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg, WV. I will be happy to personally make your reservation. Have a great weekend!

Been to Holiday Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!